Talking Of Peanuts!

worriedgary

Hi all you monkey lovers,

admin i hope your not going to TICK me of!! You moved my last post to work in thailand, where i had some very incouraging comments!!

Could you please leave this in general topics?

I'm 50 tears old, live near chiayaphum and looking for work! I am able to relocate, chiang mai would be first choice, if i have one?

Work experience.

Stock audit manager [made redundant]

Sales administrator

Industrial cleaner

Van delivery driver

Bar steward

Digital radio for the m.o.d's army vehicles

Assembler paint sprayer of 62 ton minning roof supports

currently farming cassava, rice, eucalyptus trees

Many of the above jobs finished due to closiers, of end of contracs.

I'm very hard working, honest, reliable, flexable, quick to learn, and ready!!

Where do the peanuts come in?I will work for them!

Only looking for 200,000baht for 1 year!!!

Come on guy's, give me a chance? you wont be sorry!!!!! :)

500 as red protester, im sure you could negotiate a better deal assuming you a fatang.

though wp could be a problem as you would be doing a job a thai could do.

all kidding aside. its time you grew up and realize no one wants to hire a 50 old who works for peenuts. many red flaggs galore.....what has this guy done to be in this position?

Edited by simpathy

From the OP:

With regard to the above, is it your farm?

Yes it my farm, elkangorito, i take it your from aus?

Sympathy? why is that your name??

I came here for the woman i love . who new i did'nt have alot of money , but was happy to be with me. I dont have millions of baht, but i'm trying to do the best for my family!!!

If you had'nt noticed we've had no rain this year? Crops dont grow with out water!!!

but im sure you can remember this from when you last had your head outside your bum!!!!!

I'm looking for work and im not stupid! I know its open to people who dont have the same standards as me. But if someone wanted me to work for them it would be my choice, and i would'nt do anything outside of the law!!!

I only want a job which will enable me to keep my family the way they want!

Thank you to anyone who has constuctive comments!!!

Gary, it's highly unlikely that most industry sectors will jump at the chance of employing a 50 year old foreigner! (I'm 50 also, so I'm being honest, not rude).

But I take it that you are mother-tongue English? Your 200,000 per year works out at about 17,000 baht/month. That type of (low) salary will be well within the means of many schools who need someone to teach English. (I am not saying that teaching English is the last resort - rather that it is an option where your age will not count against you (much), and where the fact that you are a English-speaking farang will count in your favour).

I assume that you have no relevant qualifications or experience for teaching English. I'm guessing that if you go out and directly approach schools in your area, then you will be able to find teaching employment where the need for relevant qualifications can be overlooked, perhaps temporarily.

I'd suggest that you dress up in your Sunday best and visit schools in your area, offering your teaching skills. If you are able to secure employment, then you can start saving some of your salary towards gaining the relevant qualifications that will enable you to become legally employed with a WP etc.

Simon

From the OP:

I came here for the woman i love . who new i did'nt have alot of money , but was happy to be with me. I dont have millions of baht, but i'm trying to do the best for my family!!!

If you had'nt noticed we've had no rain this year? Crops dont grow with out water!!!

but im sure you can remember this from when you last had your head outside your bum!!!!!

I'm looking for work and im not stupid! I know its open to people who dont have the same standards as me. But if someone wanted me to work for them it would be my choice, and i would'nt do anything outside of the law!!!

Christ! I asked a simple question & got attacked! :)

Nonetheless, I will not be emotive in my response.

Maybe you have noticed that I have started a thread about the lack of water in Thailand, about which nobody seems to care much.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Saving-Water...an-t355165.html

As for my nick, I got it when I lived in Argentina...some years ago.

Getting back to your question, there are not many readily available jobs in this country. Essentially, you could go into English teaching but it is not for the faint of heart.

Almost all other jobs are banned under Thai law unless a company has a specific requirement for an 'Native' English speaking foreigner.

And yes, I am Australian & as such, am deeply & personally acquainted with what a lack of water can do. I can use as little as 150 Litres of water each day, which includes having two showers.

Good luck. :D

Gary, it's highly unlikely that most industry sectors will jump at the chance of employing a 50 year old foreigner! (I'm 50 also, so I'm being honest, not rude).

But I take it that you are mother-tongue English? Your 200,000 per year works out at about 17,000 baht/month. That type of (low) salary will be well within the means of many schools who need someone to teach English. (I am not saying that teaching English is the last resort - rather that it is an option where your age will not count against you (much), and where the fact that you are a English-speaking farang will count in your favour).

I assume that you have no relevant qualifications or experience for teaching English. I'm guessing that if you go out and directly approach schools in your area, then you will be able to find teaching employment where the need for relevant qualifications can be overlooked, perhaps temporarily.

I'd suggest that you dress up in your Sunday best and visit schools in your area, offering your teaching skills. If you are able to secure employment, then you can start saving some of your salary towards gaining the relevant qualifications that will enable you to become legally employed with a WP etc.

Simon

Garry

Chaiyaphum, like many provinces has its own Rajabaht "university". The term university is used very loosely and they are more like colleges. As Simon43 says, if you dress smartly and are a native speaker you have a good start.

http://www.cpru.ac.th/index1.php

If you have something like USD 1,500 spare (not sure current fees), you could also do a TEFL training course such as the one run by TEFL International in Ban Phe. This is about 4 weeks including hands on experience of a week in a school. After that you'll have an English teaching cert, plus an idea of what you should be doing and some useful friends and contacts to share experiences with. This would significantly increase your chances of English teaching, and they also pass on job enquiries by employers to ex-students. TEFL Intl. often get approached by institutions to find teachers, and if you have done their course and let them know, it can be very helpful

Rajabahts don't pay that great but are always on the lookout for English teachers - many in Isaan. About 8 years ago they used to pay around THB 17,000 a month plus 8,000 housing allowance. Once you're in one and have experinece you could pretty much wait for the province you want to come up, meanwhile at least securing a legit living up country.

Edited by fletchsmile

From the OP:

Christ! I asked a simple question & got attacked! :)

Nonetheless, I will not be emotive in my response.

Maybe you have noticed that I have started a thread about the lack of water in Thailand, about which nobody seems to care much.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Saving-Water...an-t355165.html

As for my nick, I got it when I lived in Argentina...some years ago.

Getting back to your question, there are not many readily available jobs in this country. Essentially, you could go into English teaching but it is not for the faint of heart.

Almost all other jobs are banned under Thai law unless a company has a specific requirement for an 'Native' English speaking foreigner.

And yes, I am Australian & as such, am deeply & personally acquainted with what a lack of water can do. I can use as little as 150 Litres of water each day, which includes having two showers.

Good luck. :D

Elkangorito, I dont think the OP's remarks were aimed at you, I think he was referring to the second posters comments, "Sympathy".

Op good luck in your quest to find employment and maybe a member of TV might read your thread and give you a chance or be able to help you in someway.

Think you lot should give the Guy a break,

Hes doing what he has to

:)

no he isnt!

he should go home where the buffalo dont roam and get a freakin job. imagine the horror on the face of the village people knowing one of their own has to support a bahtless farng.

Hes doing what he has to

no he isnt!

he should go home where the buffalo dont roam and get a freakin job. imagine the horror on the face of the village people knowing one of their own has to support a bahtless farng.

How long before this troll who calls himself 'simpathy' gets banned? Any wagers?

Hes doing what he has to

no he isnt!

How long before this troll who calls himself 'simpathy' gets banned? Any wagers?

Not Long me thinks

Paper Hats not welcome here

:D

Hes doing what he has to

no he isnt!

We all thank you for your fantastic advice..

Speaking from experience are we? :D

Hes doing what he has to

:D

no he isnt!

Not very long....by the tone and latent agression....suspect "simpathy" is actually "powderpuff" in diguise.. :)

From the OP:

This is a real attempt to be constructive and it comes from Chiang Mai, which you seem to favour, probably for very good reasons.

These guys advising English language work, especially TEFL, are on the right track. Do make progress that way.

I am interested in your mention of radio and the army. On that one I just MAY be able to help. Please PM me but DO give me your own e-mail address so I can reply. My track record of going through the tv hoop on this is not good, sorry!

Whatever, good luck in your efforts to stay here.

There is all sorts of work to be found online. Try odesk.com and other similar sites, it can be slow to get started but 200k/year should be achievable.

How does that work? I don't understand the premise.

Designing and managing websites etc. Long hours for you guessed it....peanuts!

From the OP:

You are doing something outside the law, illegally owning a farm and if I was in such a mess, I would call it a day and bugger off home.

I have known lots of Australians like you, live for today, sod what happens tomorrow. One Ozzie I knew who lived here for almost 8 years on and off, spent all his money, cleared off back to his homeland and left his 52 year old Thai wife destitute with nothing.

Edited by BigWheelMan

From the OP:

You are doing something outside the law, illegally owning a farm and if I was in such a mess, I would call it a day and bugger off home.

I have known lots of Australians like you, live for today, sod what happens tomorrow. One Ozzie I knew who lived here for almost 8 years on and off, spent all his money, cleared off back to his homeland and left his 52 year old Thai wife destitute with nothing.

You can probably find people like that from all walks of life, all corners of the globe. Why the attack on Australians? :)

From the OP:

Dear OP,

Cant you go back home, try something there for a few years.

Save some money organise your pension and come back here, this as it is very difficult to find a good paid job here.

Other option is to get a teachers certificate, i know they have a few schools in Bangkok one off them is in Silom road, also many contact there to help you find a teacher job for you, that gives you at least 26k a month.

Good luck mate,

NFS

i dont see why some have a problem with my view. at least others share it.

50 years old no money and a poor family to support? something is wrong with this picture. AND WE TALKING ABOUT A FARANG , NOT SOMCHAI FROM THAILAND!

the guy should grow up, divorce the lady , come back when he has righted the shipp.

500 as red protester, im sure you could negotiate a better deal assuming you a fatang.

though wp could be a problem as you would be doing a job a thai could do.

all kidding aside. its time you grew up and realize no one wants to hire a 50 old who works for peenuts. many red flaggs galore.....what has this guy done to be in this position?

The guy is asking for help.

Do please try and be constructive......................

ph

i dont see why some have a problem with my view. at least others share it.

50 years old no money and a poor family to support? something is wrong with this picture. AND WE TALKING ABOUT A FARANG , NOT SOMCHAI FROM THAILAND!

the guy should grow up, divorce the lady , come back when he has righted the shipp.

Having just reached your last post, I can't resist a further comment.

Why is something wrong with the picture ??

I know many struggling people who are only trying to keep family and situation together in a very difficult environment.

Divorce the woman he loves ??

Who the F are you to suggest that ???

XXXxxxxxXXXXXX I'll let you guess my choice of expletive.

ph