Any 7-11's In Bkk?

thailandbluegrass

There sure are some funny questions posted here on TV like:

• Where can I buy soup in Bkk?
  • Are there any optomitrists in Bkk?
  • Where to find an honest lawyer in Bkk (like there are ANY anywhere in the world)
  • Where can I buy a computer if Panthip is closed?
  • Is Bangkok safe now?
  • Where is the best place for breakfast

Come on folks. You can all use this site so I'm sure google isn't far away from your finger tips and even if you just go outside and walk a few feet I'm sure most of these questions could be answered. Everyone has different opinions on where good soup is or a good breakfast. Just enjoy the part of amazing Thailand where you try everything for yourself and experience all it has to offer like when you go into a resteraunt and order fried mixed vegetables and say it in perfect Thai but recieve a banana milk shake instead. lol. this is what makes Thailand the LOS.

I don't mean to be a TV party pooper but just see so many funny questions here that can easily be found out just by getting out of bed.

And by the way, yes Bangkok is very safe right now if your name is Rambo!!!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean for sure, but I try to err on the side of the poster not thinking like me (or others who reach for the search button first). Not everyone is that computer literate, and certainly posters with no or little experience of the country must sometimes feel a little blind and lost, looking here for some kind of comfort or some pointers from real people with on the ground experience. Even using Google can take just a little experience with the use of keywords - I google for my 60 year old neighbour when she needs it as she can't get her head round the concept, and I dont mind that.

Recent example, the mother asking whether her son was safe in the area he was. Yes, she could have google earthed, and then matched the area to hotspots, but really....I've never used Earth and wouldnt know how. Yes, I'd learn if I had to, but some people arent adept - and like I said, its more comforting to hear it from people you 'trust'. Less comforting to get sarcastic replies; and being told off for not addressing her added thanks to a named poster is just ridiculous.

Yes, inane questions about soup and buying one-legged Action Men with detachable genitals :D can be red rags, but again, I'd try and be helpful if I knew; he wants soup and doesnt know where...simple. Whats to lose? The chance to put someone down? And maybe some people just need to feel included and valued here. Instead 'sink or swim' newbies have as much chance of getting battered and never contributing again, inane or not. At best they may copy bad habits. Isn't there a danger that people will just come to read information and not join in with their experiences for fear of being put down because they don't manage to spell their/there correctly? Sometimes it gets way too anal :)

I get a sense that some people eat, sleep and breathe the forum...kinda blinds them to the niceties of life sometimes, which is a shame as I'd figure the community aspect of the forum is also meant to be a key attraction to it, rather than alientating people because they don't know the way to get 'in'. Personally I'd be valuing every newbie, making allowances and coaching if needed, until such point as they prove to not deserve it should it come to that, at which point I wont answer the soup question from that person.

No offence to the soup OP by the way, just using that as an example. I'd miss my Heinz soup too :D

Why .. simple .. If you cannot find soup in BKK you must a

that "special" child sitting in the the special small yellow bus

that take the "special" child to school

So many questions are repeats that typing in the search

box will ginf an east answer, seems too many 'special"

people are also to lazy to do that or there hand are holding

a big mac or eating greasy fries as they type.

Why .. simple .. If you cannot find soup in BKK you must a

that "special" child sitting in the the special small yellow bus

that take the "special" child to school

Not so, I was looking for a specific western style of soup and having shopped around in Tesco and The Emporium over the last month or two I haven't come across any. Based on my experience reading this forum over the last couple of years I knew without a doubt that someone here would be able to tell me what to get and where to get it from. I was right.

Edited by ukrules

Reminds me of a flight here I was on, as the plane banked coming into DM Airport the couple in front of me looked out the window and the guy said to the girl "Wow they have 7-11 here", yes this really did happen.