Business Set Ups In Thailand

I have heard many stories ranging from "you can get this done for as little as 10000THB" to "You need so many Thai names and you hold a 49% stake and it cost's 100000+"

Basically I just want to register a name so I can legally deal from here if my business takes off and it's so frustrating running into brick walls.

Any advice an the easiest and simplest option not to mention Cheapest for a start up would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

TAF

I have heard many stories ranging from "you can get this done for as little as 10000THB" to "You need so many Thai names and you hold a 49% stake and it cost's 100000+"

Basically I just want to register a name so I can legally deal from here if my business takes off and it's so frustrating running into brick walls.

Any advice an the easiest and simplest option not to mention Cheapest for a start up would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

TAF

Can I suggest you read:

http://www.boi.go.th/english/how/company_establishing.asp

http://www.boi.go.th/english/how/typical_c..._a_business.asp

then talk through any questions you have with one of the Forum sponsors.

SM :o

three things which make it non-trivial to start a company here:

- minimum 7 shareholders

- max 49% foreign-owned shares for most kinds of businesses

- real address required

These 3 reasons mean you will probably need some help with the legal arrangements. The rest is beaurocracy.

Contact this forums sponser sunbelt asia, Greg there has helped me with some great free advice before, but definately go through those links and use the search function on this site first and you will be well informed when you need to start asking questions.

It doesn't seem to be as difficult as you may have been told by the so called experts in the bars of Thailand with problems concerning finance needed, Thai staff etc. in fact much of it seems pretty reasonable.

Edited by bkkmadness

you can set up your company for around 10,000 THB. However, realistiscally, with VAT registration, work permit expenses etc etc, you are looking at around 30,000 THB. As said above, speak to greag at Sunblet. Hes free and impartial.

you can set up your company for around 10,000 THB. However, realistiscally, with VAT registration, work permit expenses etc etc, you are looking at around 30,000 THB. As said above, speak to greag at Sunblet. Hes free and impartial.

Greg's doing a great job, buy don't you think the word "impartial" is a big strong in this context? :o