Spam

anna234cn

Recently I often get this kinda mails as follows. It looks quite strange. Dont know why I get them. Does anyone else also get the similar mails?

Dear FRIEND,

AFTER SEVERAL MEETINGS AND FINDINGS,THE COMMITTEE HAS APPROVED THE TRANSFERED OF $7.5M TO YOUR ACCOUNT AS BEING PAYMENT FOR INHERITANCE OF FUND OF YOUR LATE RELATIVE FOR THE CONSTRUCTION AND MAINTENANCE OF WARRI AND PORTHACOURT REFINERIES SINCE COUPLE OF YEARS AGO.PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU WANT THE MONEY TO BE TRANSFERED TO ENABLE ME SUBMIT FILL AN APPLICATION OF

CLAIM TO THE BANK FOR PAYMENTS AS THE BANK HAS GIVEN ME MANDATE TO PRODUCE THE BENEFICIARY.

NB:THE MONEY WILL BE TRANSFERED IN THREE(3)STAGES.IT IS SIMPLE PROCESS WHICH WILL TAKE A SHORT WHILE TO PROCESS-OUTSIDE THIS, THE BANK MANAGEMENT WILL CONFISCATE THIS AMOUNT OF MONEY AS UNCLEARED EFFECTS AND SEND BACK TO THE DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION ACCOUNT. IF I HEAR FROM YOU, I WILL TELL YOU ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE MONEY AND THE OPERATIONAL

METHOD WE CAN USE TO EFFECT THE REMITTANCE INTO YOUR ACCOUNT FOR OUR MUTUAL BENEFIT.PLEASE ALL CORRESPONDENCE TO MY ALTERNATIVE EMAIL: d****_*****5@***.net FOR PROMPT RESPONSE .THE PURPOSE OF CONTACTING YOU IS THAT YOU BEAR THE SAME LAST NAME WITH THE DECEASE THIS GIVES US ADDED ADAVANTAGE.SEND YOUR FULL NAME/TELEPHONE AND FAX FOR PROMPT RESPONSE.

SINCERELY

BARR.**** *****

FAMILY LAWYER

I get 10-15 variations on this per day (Prince so and so, deposed General X ousted in coup...blah blah). It's utter <deleted>. I have replied to a few in the past just to see if there was actually anyone on the other end waiting to try and grab cash (there are).

I normally bounce those emails back to the sender.

Not a good idea... that would then verify to the spammers that you have a valid email account. :o

I disagree, "bouncing" an unsolicited email sends a fake response that the recipients email acc' is no longer active.

Replying or unsubsrcribing to an unsolicited email "confirms" the recipients email address is active.

Just delete them and while you're at it, take a look at the options in your e-mail account and learn how to set up filters to cut down on junk like that making it into your inbox in the first place.

There's a website l saw once where someguy carried out a correspondence with some of these scam artists, even meeting up in Nigeria with one of them, funny stuff.

I disagree, "bouncing" an unsolicited email sends a fake response that the recipients email acc' is no longer active.

Replying or unsubsrcribing to an unsolicited email "confirms" the recipients email address is active.

Sorry... that's what I meant... wrong terminology.

if it is a valid yahoo or hotmail emailadress I send it to abuse@ but you must take sure it includes the header.

Than the emailaccount get canceled, but usually you get 3 days later from the same person again an email with different adress.

there are groups who answer these emails and show themself interested and blog that in the web, I lost the url, but with comments it can be an unexpected funny conversation.

Recently I often get this kinda mails as follows. It looks quite strange. Dont know why I get them. Does anyone else also get the similar mails?

Dear FRIEND,

AFTER SEVERAL MEETINGS AND FINDINGS,THE COMMITTEE HAS APPROVED THE TRANSFERED OF $7.5M TO YOUR ACCOUNT AS BEING PAYMENT FOR INHERITANCE OF FUND OF YOUR LATE RELATIVE FOR THE CONSTRUCTION AND MAINTENANCE OF WARRI AND PORTHACOURT REFINERIES SINCE COUPLE OF YEARS AGO.PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU WANT THE MONEY TO BE TRANSFERED TO ENABLE ME SUBMIT FILL AN APPLICATION OF

CLAIM TO THE BANK FOR PAYMENTS AS THE BANK HAS GIVEN ME MANDATE TO PRODUCE THE BENEFICIARY.

NB:THE MONEY WILL BE TRANSFERED IN THREE(3)STAGES.IT IS SIMPLE PROCESS WHICH WILL TAKE A SHORT WHILE TO PROCESS-OUTSIDE THIS, THE BANK MANAGEMENT WILL CONFISCATE THIS AMOUNT OF MONEY AS UNCLEARED EFFECTS AND SEND BACK TO THE  DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION ACCOUNT.  IF I HEAR FROM YOU, I WILL TELL YOU ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE MONEY AND THE OPERATIONAL

METHOD WE CAN USE TO EFFECT THE REMITTANCE INTO YOUR ACCOUNT FOR OUR MUTUAL BENEFIT.PLEASE ALL CORRESPONDENCE TO MY ALTERNATIVE EMAIL: d****_*****5@***.net FOR PROMPT RESPONSE .THE PURPOSE OF CONTACTING YOU IS THAT YOU BEAR THE SAME LAST NAME WITH THE DECEASE THIS GIVES US ADDED ADAVANTAGE.SEND YOUR FULL NAME/TELEPHONE AND FAX FOR PROMPT RESPONSE.

SINCERELY

BARR.**** *****

FAMILY LAWYER