Thailand Army Chief Calls For Parliament Dissolution

astral

I am Human and have Rights in this World and the most Democratic Right I have along with every person on thiis planet is "The freedom of Speech" in whatever country I am in.

Just for your Information:

<a href="http://" target="_blank"></a>Article 19.

• Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

This ain't Kansas....

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am Human and have Rights in this World and the most Democratic Right I have along with every person on thiis planet is "The freedom of Speech" in whatever country I am in.

<a href="http://" target="_blank"></a>Article 19.

• Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

This ain't Kansas....

Thailand has ratified the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.. maybe not in Kansas

Article 19.

Good example for a Charter amendment...

For your information: When I write a comment to an article in the German Focus Magazine without diffamation of anyone and they do not like it I am getting an e-mail with "noreply" that the comment was refused. When I write a comment to the German Stern Magazine it gets published immediately - if somebody has objections it gets deleted later. Freedom of speech has some limits all over the world. Remembering Mr. Thaksin showing a red sign to reporters during a press conference that he found the question unapproppriate....

Article 19.

Hippy dippy sh*t..... :) ......democracy doesnt exist.....

Article 19.

Hippy dippy sh*t..... :) ......democracy doesnt exist.....

I agree about that statement in regards to America.. and Americans

A 2 step solution to the Thai political crisis and to restore order:

1) New elections as soon as possible

2) Whoever got the power will crack down without mercy any kind of public demonstrations that last more than one day, until the next elections.

That what's happening in the great democracies of Europe and USA (honestly, sometime even less than 1 day is enough over there :) ), they told me that it is working magics since a long time, over there.

Cheers.

Maybe that will change if this minister gets his way ....

Baby let me be,

Your lovin teddy bear

Put a chain around my neck,

And lead me anywhere

Oh let me be

Your teddy bear.

I don't wanna be a tiger

Cause tigers play too rough

I don't wanna be a lion

Cause lions aint the kind

You love enough.

Just wanna be, your teddy bear

Put a chain around my neck

And lead me anywhere

Oh let me be

Your teddy bear.

Baby let me be, around you every night

Run your fingers through my hair,

And cuddle me real tight

Elvis

What are you running on about CMF mate? :)

sh1t - wrong lyrics... bugger... supposed to be 'if I can dream'

Maybe that will change if this minister gets his way ....

Baby let me be,

Your lovin teddy bear

Put a chain around my neck,

And lead me anywhere

Oh let me be

Your teddy bear.

I don't wanna be a tiger

Cause tigers play too rough

I don't wanna be a lion

Cause lions aint the kind

You love enough.

Just wanna be, your teddy bear

Put a chain around my neck

And lead me anywhere

Oh let me be

Your teddy bear.

Baby let me be, around you every night

Run your fingers through my hair,

And cuddle me real tight

Elvis

What are you running on about CMF mate? :D

on my PC it's showing as 'If I can Dream' no idea why that has happened :)

There must be lights burning brighter somewhere

Got to be birds flying higher in a sky more blue

If I can dream of a better land

Where all my brothers walk hand in hand

Tell me why, oh why, oh why can`t my dream come

true

There must be peace and understanding sometime

Strong winds of promise that will blow away

All the doubt and fear

If I can dream of a warmer sun

Where hope keeps shining on everyone

Tell me why, oh why, oh why won`t that sun appear

We`re lost in a cloud

With too much rain

We`re trapped in a world

That`s troubled with pain

But as long as a man

Has the strength to dream

He can redeem his soul and fly

Deep in my heart there`s a trembling question

Still I am sure that the answer gonna come

somehow

Out there in the dark, there`s a beckoning candle

And while I can think, while I can talk

While I can stand, while I can walk

While I can dream, please let my dream

Come true, right now

Let it come true right now

It was a comment on 'if Ministers let us discuss Monarchy' etc. but it sort of lost it's impact now... :D time for another beer - then bed!

Edited by ChiangMaiFun

Disolution etc is all nice talk but right now there doesnt seem to be a government to disolve. Has anyone seen anything of the government leaders or at least the ones in the country? Mind you everyone seems to be enjoying Songkhran with a vengeance where I am. Maybe last chance for a distraction before... who knows what

Without strict civilian controls keeping the military OUT of politics, Thailand will have a Roman republic. Then there will be a Caesar installed with a paid army. Democracy is messy but ya can't cave in to authoritarians or it's lost.

Some reds honestly feel Mr T is really a benevolent man who i good with Baht. For Thailand's sake -if he buys his way back to power- let's hope so.

My .02

Without strict civilian controls keeping the military OUT of politics, Thailand will have a Roman republic. Then there will be a Caesar installed with a paid army. Democracy is messy but ya can't cave in to authoritarians or it's lost.

Some reds honestly feel Mr T is really a benevolent man who i good with Baht. For Thailand's sake -if he buys his way back to power- let's hope so.

My .02

Wow! I do not hope that Mr. T. can buy his way back to power! He certainly is good with Baht - even that he just lost a few of them....he still has enough.

Regarding the Romans I am not too sure whether this comparison fits nowadays - anyhow Brutus ended this game.

I've always believed new elections would be the only way out of this mess. It's just a shame there was such resistance by those clinging to power and that it had to come to boiling point.

Good coming from someone who joined up less than 48 hours ago :)

"clinging to power" probably the most honest PM (or one of 2 of the most honest PM's) of the past 20 years :D

I've always believed new elections would be the only way out of this mess. It's just a shame there was such resistance by those clinging to power and that it had to come to boiling point.

New elections wil not solve anything....if the Reds win, yellow accuse reds of corruption, vote rigging...take to the streets....yellows win, reds accuse yellows of corruption and vote rigging and take to the streets....... and so the cycle continues...are you seeing a pattern ??

Having only joined yesterday he can't see anything let alone a pattern :)

Good coming from someone who joined up less than 48 hours ago :)

<snip>

Irrelevant.

please consider Anupong, a spoiled kid, who's father was the smuggler king down South. What can you expect? Wanna know more?

His older brother with a house in Bkk interviewed me of what I think of Nationalism. He's a nice bloke but knows nothing of anything. More?

My .02

Summary:

'Vote Caesar.

Vote Crook

Vote Thaksin.

Can I have my 500 baht now?'

My .02

Summary:

'Vote Caesar.

Vote Crook

Vote Thaksin.

And you are accurate to omit vote abisit, as you correctly regognise he didn't get any votes.

My .02

Summary:

'Vote Caesar.

Vote Crook

Vote Thaksin.

And you are accurate to omit vote abisit, as you correctly regognise he didn't get any votes.

Thank you for not contradicting my point that Thaksin is a crook,

but then you couldn't really as in your own colleague's words

if he buys his way back to power- let's hope so.

he openly supports corruption.

With integrity gone, all further comment is compromised.

Tilt.

Game Over.

Edited by yoshiwara

A quote from Kasit:

"Everything is now becoming in the open," he added. "Let's have a discussion. What type of democratic society would we like to be?"

Perhaps one where the people get to vote for whom they want in power in the old adage "free and fair elections" without interference of the military-unlikely as it would probably return Thaksin's people to power but they do seem to have proven they don't need him anymore,just need to find a real acceptable leader?

Obviously not the scenario wanted by those currently in power as they favor government of the elites,by the elites, for the elites.

Article 19.

This is all very nice in theory - but reality is something completely different. This is not a "perfect world".

"all animals are created equally just some are more equal than others".

The government and military have been very quiet these last couple of days. Gotta wonder what their next move is.

Govt - most likely resign and dissolve parliament after Songkran

Military - back in the barracks.

Let's hope so... best thing that could happen and should have happened three weeks ago

My .02

Summary:

'Vote Caesar.

Vote Crook

Vote Thaksin.

Sharp :)

The military are responsible for this current government, only fitting they are responsible for its demise also.

Is there only one, unified military? Is it possible some favour one power and other camps back different powers and camps. 'wink' If my humble 'theory' is correct about 3% of any or all, Thai or foreigner, following these current events, have any idea what forces are at play here? 'nod'

This news story just adds weight to my conspiracy theory, along with the elections commission going after the democratic party.

The generals might not seem like the brightest sparks, but they did not get to where they are without knowing which soup bowls have the most chicken.

Not red last week; red this week; < not possible???

Even if it's all squiggly, they KNOW how to read the writing on the wall.

oh. when did I Post that military rule was on the way, Dec or January. When did I post the red movement was highly underestimated, last September? oct nov dec>>> got heckled by the jackals on that one..

Edited by eggomaniac