What To Expect

binnsy

Most condo rentals in Thailand are furnished, which usually includes the aircon units, living and bedroom furniture, , major kitchen appliances, some dishes and eating utensils, and a TV/DVD player. In my experience, bed linens and towels have not been included. However, you may be able to negotiate with the owner to throw in a set of each at the start of the lease.

it depends upon whether it is a residential long term rental/lease or a vacation rental.

vacation rentals usually include linen and bath/pool towels and weekly maid service.

residential leases are another matter entirely. i stock linen for my two condos from stalls at JJ market, but the prices are NOT inexpensive for hotel-quality thread count linen. for example, the duvet covers are nearly as expensive as the duvets themselves.

Edited by robanywhere

Expect not to get your deposit back, if you do it's a bonus :)

I know there are few bad landlords or letting agents but AFAIK most tenants do not have have issue with getting there money back after conformation of all outstanding utility bills and any deductions for damages beyond "Fair Ware & Tear", maybe you are just a bad tenant.

Also check if Electricity/Water is included and for other charges such as cable, phone and any other service charges, particularly if you are renting long time, (check that electricity and water are the utility company rates).

Expect not to get your deposit back, if you do it's a bonus :)

I know there are few bad landlords or letting agents but AFAIK most tenants do not have have issue with getting there money back after conformation of all outstanding utility bills and any deductions for damages beyond "Fair Ware & Tear", maybe you are just a bad tenant.

Also check if Electricity/Water is included and for other charges such as cable, phone and any other service charges, particularly if you are renting long time, (check that electricity and water are the utility company rates).

But Basil, not returning the deposit is the Thailand way :D:D

My past landlord at JBC return my 2 months deposit the day I left, which normally only be returned after 30 days. Reason: she said i was a good tenant - paid all my bills in time and kept updates on items need repairs or services (aircon and others). Btw i stayed there for 2 years. So not all landlords are bad, even the Thais.

But Basil, not returning the deposit is the Thailand way :):D

Just wonder if your claims are based on experience or you are you just sh!t stirring?

I also have a condo at JBC that is rented out by a lady who manages it for me and as far as I know she has never withheld any deposits even though I spent a day last week trying to replace a remote control for a DVD player that had been damaged, in the end I had to buy a new Player, I also had to refit a door on a wardrobe that had been ripped of and bodged back on.

I have to accept that most damage is "fair wear & tear" but some times it is not, I accept that as reported many times on ThaiVisa there are some landlords who withhold returning deposits for trivial or no reason but these are just a small minority of Landlords, it is normally only when things go wrong do people start posting their experiences.

Edited by Basil B

But Basil, not returning the deposit is the Thailand way :D:D

Just wonder if your claims are based on experience or you are you just sh!t stirring?

I also have a condo at JBC that is rented out by a lady who manages it for me and as far as I know she has never withheld any deposits even though I spent a day last week trying to replace a remote control for a DVD player that had been damaged, in the end I had to buy a new Player, I also had to refit a door on a wardrobe that had been ripped of and bodged back on.

I have to accept that most damage is "fair wear & tear" but some times it is not, I accept that as reported many times on ThaiVisa there are some landlords who withhold returning deposits for trivial or no reason but these are just a small minority of Landlords, it is normally only when things go wrong do people start posting their experiences.

Sorry for posting Bas, I was just giving my experience when my wife went to get our deposit back and returned empty handed. I also have friends who haven't had there deposits returned.

There really are some sh1t stirring plonkers on this forum :)