Taxi Colours

STEALTH K3

What do the Taxi colours mean green/yellow & blue/red and many more

They just mean different companies, my personal preferance are the blue and red ones, they seem to be newer taxis. I also dont trust the black and yellow ones they never seem to want to or have meters.

Blue and red meant owner driven, where yellow and green were rented vehicals (or is it the ohter way around). Drivers tell me though that it means little these days as many owner drivers rent out their vehicals during their off hours. The all green taxis are the only official taxi of the new suvannaphum airport, but of course are still freely plying the highways until the airport is operating.

Blue & red = Company (Largest and original)

Green & yellow = Privatly owned.

Red and white = Airport taxis. (tbc)

All blue = New company.

All flourescent orange = As above.

All Navy blue = As above.

All yellow = As above.

All flourescent green = Same same, in fact - just how many of the full colour ones are there (how many colours) and are they all different companies?

Edited by The Gentleman Scamp

shouldnt you be chopping wood scamp? the again look at the time, its 2 am in the morning in haggis country, you should be in your bed by now. theres a good boy, off to bed, no bludging around tomorrow, you have money to make, so you can get back to Thailand...... wee scamp.

shouldnt you be chopping wood scamp? the again look at the time, its 2 am in the morning in haggis country, you should be in your bed by now. theres a good boy, off to bed, no bludging around tomorrow, you have money to make, so you can get back to Thailand...... wee scamp.

I've done my lumberjack bit!

I'm off on a fishing trawler in a couple of days on the north sea - that will be choppy. :D

P.S. And I won't be returning to Thailand for at least two years. :o

I'm off on a fishing trawler in a couple of days on the north sea - that will be choppy. :D

P.S. And I won't be returning to Thailand for at least two years. :D

you better learn how to splice a rope, mend a net, sort prawns whilst holding onto the sh+t tray, with waves smashing you on the deck... I used to work on the trawlers when I was 14 years old, thats what made me so manly :o. My skipper used to talk about when he was trawling in the north sea - get ready for big waves breaking over the bow...

also "shooting away" has a total different meaning on a trawler :D:D

good luck, I will guess you wll last 1 week max - its the hardest job you will ever undertake.....

start practicing your knots scamp, a bow line will save you whilst out on the boom connecting up the odder boards....

6 seasons I lasted and that was in the gulf - your waves and weather are gonna be a little scary.

Edited by Tornado

P.S. And I won't be returning to Thailand for at least two years.  :D

Why two years Scamp... if you don't mind me asking.. :D

totster :D

:o

With respect to the OP - we're supposed to be talking about taxi colours aren't we. :D

P.S. And I won't be returning to Thailand for at least two years.  :D

Why two years Scamp... if you don't mind me asking.. :D

:o

With respect to the OP - we're supposed to be talking about taxi colours aren't we. :D

Yes ... we should shouldn't we..... don't want another thread to become all about you do we...! :D

It is my understanding that yellow/green are individual owner operated (or individual owner has rented it out).

There was an article in the BKK POST about 2-3 years ago that said the Govt. would require ALL new taxi's to be BLUE/RED from that day on. Guess that went by the wayside like so many other 'rules'.

Blue & red = Company (Largest and original)

Green & yellow = Privatly owned.

Red and white = Airport taxis. (tbc)

All blue = New company.

All flourescent orange = As above.

All Navy blue = As above.

All yellow = As above.

All flourescent green = Same same, in fact - just how many of the full colour ones are there (how many colours) and are they all different companies?

Interesting, I didn't know that. I wish that some of these guys would come back to Isarn with their taxis and operate here.

Love the avatar btw, Good old Irn Brew, made in Scotland from girders. You'll need to drink a lot of that working on the trawlers. At least it's summer.

Edited by Neeranam

This forums becoming taxi obsessed :o  :D ]

Don't the full colour taxis mean something different from the two colour ones, ownership or something?

it is my understanding the single colour taxis come from a co-op rather than a company , and as far as I can tell they are all newer cars.

my girlfriends brother in law now drives an all green one , though he did have an all blue one before . the last I heard was he paid 800 baht for the use of the taxi from 3am to 3pm.