Ps3 Games

Singha Gold

Any PS3 owners out there can give me some advice? Up until recently I have been buying my games from a local supplier here in Phuket. They were dam_n expensive at 3000 a go, but it was just about acceptable. Now I see he has increased his prices to 4000+ for them all and this is just taking the p*ss. Where do you all go? I have never seen many in MBK or is there some Asian online supplier?

Thanks in advance.

Worked for me OK using english bank account + the english address that is registered under. Surely you didnt tell your English bank you live in Thailand?

Nadz project in Bangkok (google nadzproject) might be able to deliver to you- for a small postal fee. Ask them.

Or use a mates thai card and pay him..

p.s. since when is any ps3 game regioned (amazon "wrong region" ?)

Edited by OxfordWill

As someone has already said, use nadzproject (www.nadzproject.com) they will send them to phuket for you by ems, and they have always provided a good service to me. Or just go to mbk, where you can pick ps3 games up for around 1400-1800 baht. 3000-4000 baht is a rediculous price to be paying! I have also not heard of copied games for ps3, so even in mbk or saphan lek you are pretty safe. Also, around 95% of ps3 games are region free. I often get games sent from the UK from my mum, and I have never had any problems. Playasia is ok, but I have often had to pay import tax which beefs up the price, so it's better to buy from within Thailand.

• 1 month later...

PS3 games are region free but, like someone else said, if you have an out of region game then you usually cannot use the PSN for DLC.

For instance, I had a UK PS3 in the UK and brought a US version of Rock Band 2, I was able to purchase songs from PSN but they would not install into the US game, also any game code for free stuff doesn't work too if you're trying to access through the wrong region PSN for the game.

So I'm now looking to buy a PS3 Slim in Thailand, what is the best option for me? Are the Chinese or Japanese region PS3's suitable for Thailand after what I just explained about the PSN region problem?

Or can I buy a UK PS3 and bring my UK games here and access PSN through a UK proxy?

Edited by UKMatt

I used Play Asia for a while (using paypal) - but one thing that stopped me was the import tax - the last game i imported was 900baht at the post office. I'm going to have a look at my local shopping mall tomorrow, so i'll let you know the prices i see there. I'm sure they are not above 3000 baht a game.

I'm gonna give another vote for www.nadzproject.com ...... usually the cheapest price, usually cheaper than MBK and they deliver to your door for 2-300 baht in about an hour (Bangkok only)

The manager speaks good english too

I would also agree with this one...I usually buy all of my PS3 games from them with no problems.