Cat Cdma Usb Error

czGLoRy

Hey, I just bought Cat CDMA USB internet today, and I am trying to install it and having a lot of problems. I am runing windows x64 bit visa fwiw.

I Install all the drivers, software etc. I get the screen showing "ready" for connection, but when I hit connect I get an error:

"The system could not update the phone book file".

When I hit OK, the Mobilink3 program stops responding and closes.

I researched this on google, and found some solutions related to the rasphone file, but I could not find anything that worked. The only solution I found was rename the folder to have .old extension, and that did nothing. I did have two of these folders, but one I could not access because it was in sys32.

I am completely stuck, any help is appreciated! thanks

It si "Cat Novatel Wireless OVATION MC760"

and I will take it back if I can't fix it, but I have a feeling it might be on my computers end and not the USB stick. Dragging my computer around during songkran sounds like a bad idea :)

Hi czGLoRy , I am using a MC727 USB Modem , First have you tried using the modem driver from the CAT web site

CAT Modem Driver Link

When I tried to use my MC727 with Windows 7, the original modem driver that comes on the supplied CD , did not work

so I had to download an updated driver version to use my MC727 on Windows 7.

I did in the end find a way around the MC727 on Windows 7 ..

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Whats-Cat-Cd...0&start=200

also this below ...

Have a look Here ....

not too sure if any of the above will help, when the water madness has finished may be a trip to the CAT office will do the job

Hey, thanks for the response.

I actually had already installed those same drivers (was DL'ing them as a (1) file and re-isntalled anyways.) Same issue. This time it didn't give the "could not update the phone book file" but it just "stopped working" and made me close it.

S

I just got back from the CAT shop. They looked at my card (which worked fine in another computer) and my laptop for a few hours, and ultimately their suggestion was that it was a problem with the operating system and I should get a new operating system (it is working fine otherwise). I can't really do this.. and I don't have the CD to reformat (I got computer straight from gateway in the states with OS installed already). Any ideas?

I just got back from the CAT shop. They looked at my card (which worked fine in another computer) and my laptop for a few hours, and ultimately their suggestion was that it was a problem with the operating system and I should get a new operating system (it is working fine otherwise). I can't really do this.. and I don't have the CD to reformat (I got computer straight from gateway in the states with OS installed already). Any ideas?

Where are you located? I would be interested in trading you my CCU-680 for your MC-760. The 680 also supports EV-DO Rev. A just like yours, it's 11,000 new at CAT (or it was - not sure they're still selling it as the novatel ones seem cheaper and do the same thing).

I am interested in trading because the MC 760 is natively supported in OS X, which means I could ditch the CRAP Mac drivers the CCU-680 comes with. I mean - it works, but I'd much rather use OS X's built in drivers. They just work better. The CCu-680 works fine on Windows, though I haven't tried it on Windows 7.

Anyway if you are in Chiang Mai we could trade. It involved I think going to the CAT office and switching the contracts around so it's a bit of a pain. But if you come by Pai any time soon, I know the CAT office guys and that won't take more than 15 minutes. In Chiang Mai there's an office in Central Airport.

• 1 month later...

You must to download MC760 directly from CAT website or Novatel webiste (64bit) becuase driver in USB is corrupt!

I found this many time when I install for customers