Local Footy For The Over 40's

lufc74

All, just wondering if any of the expats / local thais get together for some sort of football training / games. I know there isn't the sat/ sun football leagues we have back in the UK, but is there anything ?? As i said, especially for the over 40's....average standard !! :)

Wouldn't mind coming along if there is something going on, even if its just for a bit of training followed by a couple of beers.

Usually there is a game on Sunday in Rawai. It is near the wind turbine up past yanui beach. It kicks off about 4 and ages vary from about 25-50. Getting numbers is always a problem some weeks only 2 turn up other weeks there are 15/16.

Saturday at the headstart school in phuket town (opposite makro) at 3.45 there are usually 15-25 people there. You pay a small fee to play.

There are also games other days of the week in Talang and sometimes at other schools. Best bet is come on Saturday and find out all the info.

Usually there is a game on Sunday in Rawai. It is near the wind turbine up past yanui beach. It kicks off about 4 and ages vary from about 25-50. Getting numbers is always a problem some weeks only 2 turn up other weeks there are 15/16.

Saturday at the headstart school in phuket town (opposite makro) at 3.45 there are usually 15-25 people there. You pay a small fee to play.

There are also games other days of the week in Talang and sometimes at other schools. Best bet is come on Saturday and find out all the info.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds just up my street. Anyway, i'm away at work for another few weeks ( offshore ) but i'll definately pop down when i get back.

Cheers.

I'm a 51 yr old expat and usually play at weekends with a much younger Thai group in games and sometimes a bit of training beforehand at Chao Fa Thani housing estate in Chalong, opposite TOT office, on Chao Fa West Road; Some foreigners from Muay Thai camps also opposite sometimes come to play too.

The Thai group is partly made up of Kata Group of hotel staff and they play most days between 5.30pm & 7pm. Anyone is welcome and if too many they divide up into 3 or more teams.

It would be good to have a few more expats to form a team of any age, the younger the better, as the pace can get fast & hectic....

fwiw the Saturday game at the headstart school consists mostly of a crowd of 20-30year olds, so the game play a bit faster than the sunday game near promtep cape.