Why They Shoot You Right Into Your Face With Those Big Waterguns?

Lammbock

you've gotta be kidding me right? I spent yesterday in Silom where i got squirted in the eyes a billion times by thai girls, hit in the eyes from talcum water and a couple of dumb indians running around with prickly heat rubbit it in my eyes... wasnt even watered down...

Have some fun people... if u dont like getting wet, dont go out... quit bitching and moaning...

PS... seen maybe 10 farangs... and they werent drunk... On the other hand... I am staying on langsuan and there is a group of about 10 thai ppl putting a hose on anyone on a motorbike.. some poor girl and her friend were unlucky enough to ride past... they stopped them, threw powder in their face and made the girl cry... 1 guy felt sorry for them and helped them clean their face up.

I think maybe you dont like Farang because of another experience... :)

It is meant to be fun and no matter your race or nationality it can get out of hand.

Every year same complaints. SOme areas better than others.

Plenty of people have a really good time though. It is a good time done right for young men to flirt openly. It is a special time to respect the elders in your family and community.

They do it because they are complete morons, I got an eye infection from this once. Now if I'm here at Songkran I stay indoors and don't go out of my apartment during the day. I need to buy some medication and there is literally no way I could get from my apartment to the pharmacy without getting completely soaked form head to toe unless I took a taxi which would be crazy just to go a few hundred feet down the street.

I'm glad it's over, I didn't get hit by a single drop of water or powder this year. I was out drinking last night and a Thai guy had a bucket of water and I said 'please don't throw that over me' he said no problem and didn't throw any of it on me, this was good as I still had a few more hours of drinking to do before I was going home.

He got an eye infection... :)

Edited by Livinginexile

He got an eye infection... :)

A recurring staph. infection in the form of a stye is not a laughing matter, I'd never had one prior to this songkran incident which was a few years ago now but I've had a good few since.

All public gathering bring out the creeps in all societies. It's a place where they can hide behind the crowd to act out their personal insecurities. Bullies do exactly the same. Either accept the fact or don't participate. Unfortunately, for some people who actually have to work during songkran, they have to run the gauntlet of idiots as well as the ones just having fun. The office workers have no choice in the matter other than covering up from head to toe in waterproof clothing. Or, prior to songkran, take extra clothes to the office where they can change there.

I hate bullies with a passion and like to hunt them as a form of sport. It's easy enough to pick out a target and stalk him until he's alone... and then give him some of his own medicine. There are various methods that are effective, but I won't reveal them for obvious reasons, and don't get me into too much trouble afterwards.

I was in the front of local 7/11 with my 10-years old son when a group of foreigners came out of shop with beer bottles in their hands. My son started water fight with them and all of them had fun until one of them decided to throw beer on my son's face and eyes (laughing!).

I was in the front of local 7/11 with my 10-years old son when a group of foreigners came out of shop with beer bottles in their hands. My son started water fight with them and all of them had fun until one of them decided to throw beer on my son's face and eyes (laughing!).

BS

There are allways people complaining, some just hate live in general.

I go out and play in the water year after year. However, today I'm sitting in my room with one eye swollen totally shut because some idiot falang shot me point blank with a water canon, right in my eye.

This is hardly hating life. This is about hating morons.