Work Permit

I was looking for infomation on when you hand a work permit back in, i have just read that it must be handed in within 7 days after employment finishes, my question is what about the visa, do i have to leave the country within a certain time or does the buissiness visa stay till the duration, as i want to stay here but not work, thanks .

You need to go to immigration on or before your last day of work with a letter from your employer stating the last day worked. Immigration will cancel your extension of stay based on employment and you immediately have to leave the country or get another extension of stay. Your visa, if still valid, remains intact.

You need to go to immigration on or before your last day of work with a letter from your employer stating the last day worked. Immigration will cancel your extension of stay based on employment and you immediately have to leave the country or get another extension of stay. Your visa, if still valid, remains intact.

When you take your termination letter from your employeer to immigration you need to immediately apply for an extension for 1,900 baht. They will give you a 7 day extension only. If you don't want to pay for an extension then you need to leave Thailand that same day. You then need to leave and if your visa is still valid for reentry, reenter on your visa. If not you can reenter on a 30 day tourist exemption or go get a free two entry tourist visa in Penanag or Vientienne. If you and your employer agree to overlook this matter then you can stay as long as your employer doesn't notify immigration you have been terminated. If this is the case don't turn in your work permit either.

Edited by jackbox

if your permission to stay ends depends on your situation. if you are on a extension of stay from immigration, it ends the same day your employment ends. If you are not on an extension of stay, because you are still on your 90 days you got at the borrder or have a multiple non-B, your permission to stay remains valid and if you have a valid multiple-non-B you can continue to use that.