Dowrys

daleyboy

Do you think you should have to pay to marry?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure if this poll has been done before, if it has then i do apologise. I personally have never paid a dowry although there was alot of talk about it. My inlaws accept the fact that i am skint and they have never asked for it.

I had to pay a dowry, but it was used to pay for the wedding and I got back what was left . I just took it as being a way of building up face.

I was given all of Lau's jewellry to hand over at the wedding ceremony, although we only bought rings, I had to give her her own stuff too!

Edited by Grant

Yeah it's fair if you want to marry a TG, lets face it if you can't fork out what is probably the price of a good holiday to make the woman you love happy, you should be looking elsewhere. Getting wed in farangland is hardly free now is it?-peter

Not sure if this poll has been done before, if it has then i do apologise. I personally have never paid a dowry although there was alot of talk about it. My inlaws accept the fact that i am skint and they have never asked for it.

This one's been done a lot, daley.

Take a look back thru the "General" section and you'll get a good feel for what Farang think re. a Dowry. :o

Edited by Boon Mee

Yeah it's fair if you want to marry a TG, lets face it if you can't fork out what is probably the price of a good holiday to make the woman you love happy, you should be looking elsewhere. Getting wed in farangland is hardly free now is it?-peter

Discuss with your TG, if the $ is too much, tell her so be honest. :o

Good luck

I haven't voted as I can't say either way

My G/Fs mother told me a while ago she doesn't expect me to pay one, all she wants is for us to get married and for me to make her daughter happy.

Problem is I did it once before in England and vowed never to do it again