Top Army, Navy Units Readied For Red-Shirts Dispersal

webfact

I have noticed a large swing in sentiment here in the villages.

It seems that the redshirts V the Goverment was one thing but now it is the redshirts V the army and that is a different thing altogether.

Maybe it is the fact that huge numbers of ordinary Thai families here in Isaan have family members in the Armed Forces

Just my observations from the boondocks.

Thai wife after a phone call home to village tells me things are getting hot in the north

They are no longer being asked to help, but told what they must do or else

She also tells me a new force called the Orange shirts is building in numbers, for what ??????

She also was told monies from an unknown source has been bput in her families bank account and also hers as she owns land, for what reason Unknown

:)

LOL

:D

Fresh in from Issan: Thaksin and the Red/Orange army has just taken delivery of five thousand septic tanks from the US. As soon as they learn how to drive them they are going to move on Bankok. What are you special forces guys gonna to do now??... :D

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us not forget that in certain parts of western culture "Yellow" means cowardice.... quite fitting in this case... Cowards tend to deflect attention from the real issues and move off in a tangent to avoid having to deal with them. Insults are so easy. Thoughtful answers are much more difficult. The thing is, most of us can respect a well reasoned and thoughtful answer even if we don't agree. Not many people respect insulting behavior--even if the insults are coming from their own side of an argument. Now there is a thought for the day...

That about sums it up. The Yellows' argument is always one of attack. Attacking their plans. Attacking their manifesto. Attacking their beliefs. Attacking them because of one corrupt man's wealth, which incidentally is nothing compared to the combined wealth of the old money elite. Attacking them because they don't want to give up their power. Attacking them because they are scared. Attacking them because they, themselves, don't want to get their fingers out and work.

The Yellows are merely servants to a (still) untouchable elite who want to manage and control the scene at the expense of the workers, but this will change. Some of these workers are Yellows themselves. Yellow only because they're happy to work for their masters in the belief that they will come back as a master in another life. The majority of workers are rural and they've had enough. They don't fear the system. They know what it's all about. They know how it's cheating them. They're not cowards. And they certainly don't need a comfy airport to protest and sleep in.

The Yellows are the true cowards, creating distractions at every opportunity they can. "Oh! The Red leaders came to the protest site in a car while their supporters had to get a bus!", "Oh! The Reds are dropping trash in the city and the street cleaners have to pick it up!", "Oh! The Red leaders slept in a hotel while their supporters slept on the streets!" Shock, shock horror! Does Abhisit sleep in a tent? No, don't be silly. What's next? "Oh! The Red leaders use Imperial Leather and the supporters use Sunlight?" These Yellows need to wake up. They think they're living in a fairy tale land. Yellows = Pathetic children.

The world is not all black and white... or in this case red and yellow.

I believe a vast majority of people are neither and just want this mess to end one way or another.

Clearly so,

in spite of repeated attempts to create much greater chromatic polarization between Thais.

Many Reds I spoke to now refuse to go to the protest site, with the Thai army with live ammo and it said they will shoot to kill, then can you honestly expect people to go.

Excellent best news I have heard all week. I must congratulate the PM on the way he has handled the protestors. Looks like their back is broken and will to continue as support is dropping rapidly.

Time they went back to picking rice which there is nothing wrong with and leaving politics to those with the education and ability to practice. I think it will be over in days now without further violence. Looking like a major victoryfor democracy.

'Time they went back to picking rice'? that is disgusting and outrageous - so typical of Elitist thinking - I hope even your fellow yellows on here will disown that immediately... you must get the award for most pathetic and arrogant post of the month

Many Reds I spoke to now refuse to go to the protest site, with the Thai army with live ammo and it said they will shoot to kill, then can you honestly expect people to go.

Excellent best news I have heard all week. I must congratulate the PM on the way he has handled the protestors. Looks like their back is broken and will to continue as support is dropping rapidly.

Time they went back to picking rice which there is nothing wrong with and leaving politics to those with the education and ability to practice. I think it will be over in days now without further violence. Looking like a major victoryfor democracy.

'Time they went back to picking rice'? that is disgusting and outrageous - so typical of Elitist thinking - I hope even your fellow yellows on here will disown that immediately... you must get the award for most pathetic and arrogant post of the month

I think you will find that is exactly what they are Farmers who are currently being paid extra money to protest instead of working in their farms. (For a cause that most of them don't fully understand or the full consequences of their actions to their beloved Thailand for years to come)

If you re-read the post I actually stated their is nothing wrong with that work.

Why exactly is that statement incorrect and in your view disgusting and outrageous?

Edited by Lite Beer
Flame edited out.

Let us not forget that in certain parts of western culture "Yellow" means cowardice.... quite fitting in this case... Cowards tend to deflect attention from the real issues and move off in a tangent to avoid having to deal with them. Insults are so easy. Thoughtful answers are much more difficult. The thing is, most of us can respect a well reasoned and thoughtful answer even if we don't agree. Not many people respect insulting behavior--even if the insults are coming from their own side of an argument. Now there is a thought for the day...

That about sums it up. The Yellows' argument is always one of attack. Attacking their plans. Attacking their manifesto. Attacking their beliefs. Attacking them because of one corrupt man's wealth, which incidentally is nothing compared to the combined wealth of the old money elite. Attacking them because they don't want to give up their power. Attacking them because they are scared. Attacking them because they, themselves, don't want to get their fingers out and work.

The Yellows are merely servants to a (still) untouchable elite who want to manage and control the scene at the expense of the workers, but this will change. Some of these workers are Yellows themselves. Yellow only because they're happy to work for their masters in the belief that they will come back as a master in another life. The majority of workers are rural and they've had enough. They don't fear the system. They know what it's all about. They know how it's cheating them. They're not cowards. And they certainly don't need a comfy airport to protest and sleep in.

The Yellows are the true cowards, creating distractions at every opportunity they can. "Oh! The Red leaders came to the protest site in a car while their supporters had to get a bus!", "Oh! The Reds are dropping trash in the city and the street cleaners have to pick it up!", "Oh! The Red leaders slept in a hotel while their supporters slept on the streets!" Shock, shock horror! Does Abhisit sleep in a tent? No, don't be silly. What's next? "Oh! The Red leaders use Imperial Leather and the supporters use Sunlight?" These Yellows need to wake up. They think they're living in a fairy tale land. Yellows = Pathetic children.

The world is not all black and white... or in this case red and yellow.

I believe a vast majority of people are neither and just want this mess to end one way or another.

The vast majority of people where want it to end? The vast majority of people in Bangkok, right? And the vast majority of people in Bangkok are on which side? Would the Yellows go to protest in Chiang Mai or Isaan? No, they wouldn't and they wouldn't need to. Why not? Because the seat of government is here in Bangkok. Silly thinking by some people.

What you on about you idiot. I think you will find that is exactly what they are Farmers who are currently being paid extra money to protest instead of working in their farms. (For a cause that most of them don't fully understand or the full consequences of their actions to their beloved Thailand for years to come)

If you re-read the post I actually stated their is nothing wrong with that work.

Why exactly is that statement incorrect and in your view disgusting and outrageous?

Time they went back to picking rice, which there is nothing wrong with, and leaving politics to those with the education and ability to practice. I think it will be over in days now without further violence. Looking like a major victory for democracy.

I think there's something wrong with saying that. Why do you need an education to get involved in politics? Humans have been given a mind to think for themselves. People know when they are being treated unfairly. Why should only the educated practise politics?

It will be a major victory for democracy when Abhisit calls for elections next month.

What you on about you idiot. I think you will find that is exactly what they are Farmers who are currently being paid extra money to protest instead of working in their farms. (For a cause that most of them don't fully understand or the full consequences of their actions to their beloved Thailand for years to come)

nothing wrong with that work... you take belittling the honest Thai farmers to a new low - how pretentious

Well, if I'm going to apply for a job in Thailand I may aswell start at the top!

....I have 1 vote...can I get a 2nd?

On a serious note, in order to disperce protesters while minimizing injury how about shooting tear gas in via hellicopter?

Unless the red shirts have RPG's it might work.

They tried teargas from a helicopter last time, one of the soldiers was shot in the leg.

You have to expect Reds numbers to be down.

The Army have live weapons in Bangkok and are threatening to kill fellow Thai's.

That is unprecedented. It shows how far Abhisit/Suthep/Prayuth have gone now, they cannot lose so they must win at all costs, even if many more must die.

I spent the last few days travelling around the north and I can report that Abhisit/Democrats/BJT are finished, they will never get any support from the majority of the Thai people ever again (do not forget the majority live north of Bangkok).

This is probably why Abhisit/Democrats will never give in now, an election now and they will be slaughtered, so its probably best for them to kill more people and cling to power to try to find ways to evade any consequences.

Sad that Thai politics comes down to needing to kill people to cling to power.

You can understand why Chavilit/Somchai want to speak to the highest authority, it would seem the only way to stop the bloodshed now as the Democrats and the coalition seem hel_l bent on more blood and deaths to save them from Democracy.

How sad it is that Abhisit and his ilk use the Army with live weapons and shoot to kill orders to cling to power. That is how sick these people are, not contend with stealing power through a coup, stealing power through the courts, stealing power through a fixed parliamentary coup, they know cling to power via live bullets and guns and threats to kill more.

Very sad.

Abhisit owes his job to the military and his security as well . It shows . As you said its very sad

I have noticed a large swing in sentiment here in the villages.

It seems that the redshirts V the Goverment was one thing but now it is the redshirts V the army and that is a different thing altogether.

Maybe it is the fact that huge numbers of ordinary Thai families here in Isaan have family members in the Armed Forces

Just my observations from the boondocks.

Ditto, apart from the Bangkok police having road blocks into Chiang Mai yesterday, checking each vehicle... (I guess coming from the countryside into town)... the local 'reds' have a worryingly serious look about them... and are most definitely wearing red, in a redder way...

Like when your mom and dad wouldn't allow you to play with billy from down the road after 8pm, while all your other mates were out having fun. That kind of look. :)

As I write this i see the middle class neighbour roll up in his Hilux, he has a new adornment on his right wing mirror.. a red banner.

The washing lady from down the street shouts over.. whats up? "The usual" he replies... jungle drums a beating...

Edited by whiterussian

You have to expect Reds numbers to be down.

The Army have live weapons in Bangkok and are threatening to kill fellow Thai's.

That is unprecedented. It shows how far Abhisit/Suthep/Prayuth have gone now, they cannot lose so they must win at all costs, even if many more must die.

I spent the last few days travelling around the north and I can report that Abhisit/Democrats/BJT are finished, they will never get any support from the majority of the Thai people ever again (do not forget the majority live north of Bangkok).

This is probably why Abhisit/Democrats will never give in now, an election now and they will be slaughtered, so its probably best for them to kill more people and cling to power to try to find ways to evade any consequences.

Sad that Thai politics comes down to needing to kill people to cling to power.

You can understand why Chavilit/Somchai want to speak to the highest authority, it would seem the only way to stop the bloodshed now as the Democrats and the coalition seem hel_l bent on more blood and deaths to save them from Democracy.

How sad it is that Abhisit and his ilk use the Army with live weapons and shoot to kill orders to cling to power. That is how sick these people are, not contend with stealing power through a coup, stealing power through the courts, stealing power through a fixed parliamentary coup, they know cling to power via live bullets and guns and threats to kill more.

Very sad.

What a pile of rubbish. I really try to be neutral but reading the constant denials, obscure witness accounts, distortion of facts and now to top it a useless prediction of the future after conveniently blaming just one side. Use of force is always a bad solution we can agree on that and the Reds can now argue that they don't want anyone killed although I suspect that no one will believe that.

What Chavalit and Somchai are trying to do is completely wrong, innapropriate and is heavily rejected by Thais of all walk of life. It certainly has nothing to do with the concern for further casualities. Neither Chavalit nor Somchai can make any claims of being concerned for the welfare of the common Thai - they never were.

Or the most likely scenario is that the army are as inept as the current government.

Maybe you could head on down and give them some advice & expert guideance :) , I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

Still waiting for you pm, until then keep your own counsel, there's a good boy

There's a no colour rally on Silom apparently.

NO COLOUR = ANTI RED = PRO YELLOW. It's simple. They are also the messengers of the elite. These are the people creating further distractions.

Dunno I havent talked to them and was just mentioning it as a newsworthy comment. Im sure people can think for themselves before rallying or would certainly hope so. Oddly enough nearly every Thai person I know is neither red or yellow and in fact despises both groups. I dunno if they would support a no colour group either as it has never come up in conversation. Talking about Chonburi and Lower Northern Thailand here.

NO COLOUR = ANTI RED = PRO YELLOW. It's simple. They are also the messengers of the elite. These are the people creating further distractions.

Always easy to bend it your way, isn't it? It's been the same boring tactics for weeks now. The rallies of "no-color" or "flower print" shirts are at least done in an acceptable way, without occupying neither airport nor business districts and making people lifes a mess. It is a message to the public what a peaceful, constitutional demonstration looks like. I have by the way no symphaties for red or yellow and their "illegal" tactics although I do support that all Thais should have the same chances and benefit equally. There is a very long, long way to go though.

So reading in the Live update that the red leaders have asked for "Royal intervention". Well what if that Royal intervention was to tell the reds to go home?

Edited by Mosha

http://twitter.com/tulsathit

Thaksin has issued a statement declaring his allegiance to the monarchy and denouncing the stickers' makers (via nation news)

9 minutes ago via TweetDeck

The Peoples Front of Judea now in charge of Silom:

http://twitpic.com/photos/Dany_k

"We love Thailand more than you! so there!, We love Thailand more than you! so there!, We love Thailand more than you! so there! "

Edited by whiterussian

http://twitter.com/tulsathit

Thaksin has issued a statement declaring his allegiance to the monarchy and denouncing the stickers' makers (via nation news)

9 minutes ago via TweetDeck

The Peoples Front of Judea now in charge of Silom:

http://twitpic.com/photos/Dany_k

"We love **** more than you! so there!, We love **** more than you! so there!, We love **** more than you! so there! "

Why have the soldiers not stopped this illegal gathering, they have let people congregate right in the middle of an area they are supposed to be protecting?

So guys you can all see, that the military really do not give a dam_n about illegal protests or gatherings. they let the gathering form and then do nothing to remove them. This is why the reds are still massed in bangkok, because nobody actually gives a dam_n.

Well, if I'm going to apply for a job in Thailand I may aswell start at the top!

On a serious note, in order to disperce protesters while minimizing injury how about shooting tear gas in via hellicopter?

They tried teargas from a helicopter last time, one of the soldiers was shot in the leg.

Shoot back, at the people with the guns. I'm no military strategist, but if thay shoot you it seems the logical thing to do.

Shoot back, at the people with the guns. I'm no military strategist, but if thay shoot you it seems the logical thing to do.

You are confusing this army with a professional army, you can not expect them to act professionally as they are on the whole conscripts that most of the time do not even want to be there. This led to the panic last time and the mass murder of protesters. If one shot is fired panic will set in and they will all start either firing or running. Far fetched? Not at all, they have been guilty of both in the past few weeks. This is all for show, Anupong has no intention of a blood bath, he has no intention of clearing the reds, his aim seems to be to just contain the reds.

Or the most likely scenario is that the army are as inept as the current government.

Maybe you could head on down and give them some advice & expert guideance :) , I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

More condescending dribble tony. You seem to be good at critising others, yet you fail to notice how tender and complicated some of the issues. Its a very complicated tangled web, the political game here in Thailand, but naturally you know best :D . Please engage your brain before fingers.

huh?

Oh wait --- if people are opposed to house dissolution then they are automatically anti-red and "elite" ---- LOL

How is that plan of yours to have Isaan secede going? Is it catching on?

More condescending dribble tony. You seem to be good at critising others, yet you fail to notice how tender and complicated some of the issues. Its a very complicated tangled web, the political game here in Thailand, but naturally you know best :D . Please engage your brain before fingers.

I am still waiting for your response to my invitation, pm me or shut up, there's a good boy.

Even if Abhisit promised general elections in 6 months how much can he be trusted ?

a- He change his mind all the time . First army no live ammo , then have live ammo but only shoot in the air , then now we know for a fact some shot live bullets at innocent reds rank and file

b- He is not even in control himself . He reports to the army . he owes his job to them

"tender" :D :D

Edited by RussellHantz

Even if Abhisit promised general elections in 6 months how much can he be trusted ?

a- He change his mind all the time . First army no live ammo , then have live ammo but only shoot in the air , then now we know for a fact some shot live bullets at innocent reds rank and file

b- He is not even in control himself . He reports to the army . he owes his job to them

dream on