Problems With Yahoo Mail In Linux.

Richb2004v2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, while using Ubuntu Yahoo is not the best choice!

Gmail is actually one of the mail option from Ubuntu software.

I have laptop with XP where i can use all mail. If using the Linux better use Gmail, as even hotmail is not even working properly....

Maybe it is Ubuntu and not Linux that is a problem. I use PClinuxOS and have yahoo, hot mail and gmail all working fine via thunderbird or online with a browsers firefox and Opera. Maybe edit title to read problem with mail and Ubuntu, I would guess they are short a java update or something along that line if its a browser problem.

There were tons of odd things going on yesterday... I had full speed to almost anywhere in the world using the speedtest.net but when I visited websites outside Thailand some of them were completely standing still. DNS were resolving ok...

ASUS website for example... I tried to get the manual for a router and it was like 10 minutes to get the website up and the download didn't work at all. (still today the downloads are standing still but the webpage loads ok)

The teracom.se website took 10 minutes to load... some other websites were also performing really bad...

It was the same from my wife's win7 box....

Martin

ASUS website for example... I tried to get the manual for a router and it was like 10 minutes to get the website up and the download didn't work at all. (still today the downloads are standing still but the webpage loads ok)

LOL which manual could THAT have been!?!

Glad we could help the guy, but you still owe me about half an hour of my life-time

:D

I'm still experiencing this problem, both with Firefox and Google Chrome whilst on Ubuntu.

No problems here at all over the weekend on True with either FF or Chrome to yahoo! using Ubuntu 10.4 64bit version nor on the 9.x 32 bit versions.

LOL which manual could THAT have been!?!

Glad we could help the guy, but you still owe me about half an hour of my life-time

:D

:jap: RT-N16