How Much Is A Parking Ticket?

Neeranam

I got a parking ticket yesterday in Khon Kaen. As usual I gave it to my wife who then gave it to her brother, who owns a night club in town(ABS Version 2). He will now give it to his 'friend' in the police. In the past, I have not been asked for money for any offenses, but this time he asked for 200 baht. Asking them how much the ticket actually was, I got a mixed response of 700 baht and 1000. I thought it would only be 500. Maybe my wife paid the 200 baht before(she says she didn't), as often the offenses were her fault(the police are all having lunch, here is ok to park etc). Maybe the fines vary, I don't know.

I got a parking ticket yesterday in Khon Kaen. As usual I gave it to my wife who then gave it to her brother, who owns a night club in town(ABS Version 2). He will now give it to his 'friend' in the police. In the past, I have not been asked for money for any offenses, but this time he asked for 200 baht. Asking them how much the ticket actually was, I got a mixed response of 700 baht and 1000. I thought it would only be 500. Maybe my wife paid the 200 baht before(she says she didn't), as often the offenses were her fault(the police are all having lunch, here is ok to park etc). Maybe the fines vary, I don't know.

Just misplace it - let them chase you!

Not my idea of fun... :D

totster :o

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2005-06-03 06:06:41)

No thanks. They add on a lot of interest.

I got a parking ticket once whilst parked outside a shop.

I had to give my DL to the nice Policeman.

I gave the parking ticket to the shop owner, who gave it to his sister who was the police major's mia noy, who gave it back to the nice policeman who then gave me back my DL. Zero baht. Ha-Ha.

Normal price is 500 baht

My missus says fines are between 200 -500 baht depending on severity of offence. We also paid 200 baht couple of weeks ago for parking on the wrong side for that specific day. Don't like the idea of ignoring them as don't fancy idea of becoming known by police for anything :o

I paid 200 baht at the police station in Mai Sot. Parking wrong side of road wrong day.

I find it difficult t to work out whether the odd or even day is the day your're not allowed to park, or the day you are allowed to park. I think it's the former. Of course, if the street is full of cars parked on just one side, it's obvious :D .

I've never got a ticket, but got moved on twice by BIB while trying to (1) park on wrong side of road and (2) park facing the wrong way on the right side of the road :o

Here in Chiang Mai we now have the added bonus of wheel clamps made from re-bar, the copper comes round on a motorbike clamps the car sticks a notice on the window and off to the next one.

A friend of mine got clamped cost him 400 baht and the best part of a morning sorting it out at the police station.

Here in Chiang Mai we now have the added bonus of wheel clamps made from re-bar, the copper comes round on a motorbike clamps the car sticks a notice on the window and off to the next one.

A friend of mine got clamped cost him 400 baht and the best part of a morning sorting it out at the police station.

A pair of bolt cutters would sort that pretty quick. :o

Nice too see that it doesnt matter what part of the world you are in the authourities still rob money out of us poor motorists. I wonder if there is a big forum like tv for traffic wardens around the world to pass ideas on how to stitch up the poor motorists. :o

Nice too see that it doesnt matter what part of the world you are in the authourities still rob money out of us poor motorists. I wonder if there is a big forum like tv for traffic wardens around the world to pass ideas on how to stitch up the poor motorists. :D

Rules are rules. Break 'em and you pay. Simple. :o

I would like to see a new Thailand-wide rule: no parking within 15 metres of any junction. I see so many near accidents because the "soi corner shop" encourages lazy people to park so that people joining the main road can't see past the parked cars and trucks.

Bring "double yellow lines" to Thailand! Yeah! :D

Nice too see that it doesnt matter what part of the world you are in the authourities still rob money out of us poor motorists. I wonder if there is a big forum like tv for traffic wardens around the world to pass ideas on how to stitch up the poor motorists. :D

Rules are rules. Break 'em and you pay. Simple. :D

I would like to see a new Thailand-wide rule: no parking within 15 metres of any junction. I see so many near accidents because the "soi corner shop" encourages lazy people to park so that people joining the main road can't see past the parked cars and trucks.

RDN, are you sure this isn't already a law in Thailand? :o

They already have double-yellow lines, for sure. They are quite visible, making it easier to pass other vehicles on rainy nights on hills, and such. :D

They already have double-yellow lines, for sure. They are quite visible, making it easier to pass other vehicles on rainy nights on hills, and such. :D

Don't know about bangkok but here in the fast upbeat modernised world of kan. they paint red and white stripes approx. 30 meters either side of tuning areas and junctions that are a no parking area. Of course Bangkok is normally a little behind the provinces when it comes to advanced ideas!

Concerning a thousand Baht for no helmet WOW they saw you coming. Local price is 200 Baht or 100 if your me hehe :D Showed him my big police friends business card and they wanted to let me off but i insisted i payed at least half price, got a lot of respect out of that too!

Not a very civic attitude to take ,park properly and no grief ensues :o .

Maybe.

...of course, how could I forget? :D ... and especially useful for guiding you on such dark and rainy nights around right-hand bends :D :D

Don't know about bangkok but here in the fast upbeat modernised world of kan. they paint red and white stripes approx. 30 meters either side of tuning areas and junctions that are a no parking area...

Well, actually I'm in Phuket and the problem here is, in order to paint these red and white stripes, you need a kerb stone or some such immovable object onto which the said red and white paint needs to adhere. I suppose they could paint the grass...? :o

Blimey, I just assumed most places (cities, largish towns) had kerb stones of one sort or another. Sorry to here that Puket is kerb stone less. How do you manage to drive home after the pub without that handy rebound border? :o

I didn't mean to imply that all of Phuket has no pavements or kerbs but, for example, the two roads from Chalong to Phuket city are mostly kerb-free and have lots of sois joining them. And it's on the corners of these junctions (junctions with a fairly busy and fast road) that there are small shops and stores.

Phuket city itself has pavements and kerb stones (and red and white stripes). So has Patong and other major tourist areas. But you don't have to go far outside these areas to find roadsides composed of grass and a ditch - for the rainwater.