Dvd Cases

wobblyjohn

Iv'e got a huge number of dvds in plastic boxes and would like to save some space by getting them into soft folders as per the picture

I managed to get 4 on Soi Buakhow market but cant seem to find any more, does any one know where I can find some in Pattaya, I tried tukcom but haven't seen any anywhere

post-66911-1271749778_thumb.jpg

Edited by wobblyjohn

The third floor of Tukcom - there are different types on sale there in several shops. The shop that has everything spread out on the floor (opposite side of the building to the lifts) has ones similar to the picture you posted on sale for around 30-40 Baht (I don't know how many DVD's they hold though).

BTW, I've just done the opposite of what you are planning. I had around 600 DVD's (recorded from DVD's, old VHS videos and the TV in the UK) in those soft cases, some of which held just 12, and some of which held well over 100 DVD's. The trouble was that I could never find what I was looking for. Plus if I just wanted to browse a while to see what movie or TV series caught my mood, it was almost impossible. So I've now put them all into individual DVD cases and printed out covers so I can see what I've got and it's much better. Takes up a lot of space as you say, but at least I can find things now.

BTW, I've just done the opposite of what you are planning. I had around 600 DVD's (recorded from DVD's, old VHS videos and the TV in the UK) in those soft cases, some of which held just 12, and some of which held well over 100 DVD's. The trouble was that I could never find what I was looking for. Plus if I just wanted to browse a while to see what movie or TV series caught my mood, it was almost impossible. So I've now put them all into individual DVD cases and printed out covers so I can see what I've got and it's much better. Takes up a lot of space as you say, but at least I can find things now.

Had the same problem. You can work around that by numbering each CD sleeve in the books and then making a database on your computer (could just be an Excel file with TITLE NUMBER, or you can get free media database software to do it, and you just type in the number--but then the software has to read every CD/DVD).

Or you can use CD ring binder cases that use hole-punched slip covers so that you can arrange all alphabetically. However, you use a lot of books and it's in general more maintenance.

The best solution is get a CD/DVD storage box or several. They come in different sizes. The type I got has rails that use CD sleeves with plastic runners to fit the rails. Makes it very easy and fast to keep everything alphabetical, and takes up the least amount of space (incredibly small amount, actually). I have a big one now holding 500 disks, can probably squeeze in 600. However, these boxes are a little hard to find now, and extra sleeves (of this type) as well. You can check the misc. computer supplies shop on the 3rd floor of Tukcom, south left corner, and otherwise walk around looking for a shop selling the boxes. Panthip is a better place for looking for these.

Edited by JSixpack

Well I found them on the 4th floor of Tukcom, 200 baht for cases that hold 20 discs with their covers

Never in all my time in Pattaya have I come across such an impolite shop employee, he only had 5 anyway so my quest is still on

As for finding them I have built an access database I can skip through, look at the covers check the genre and have a link to each on the internet movie database for extra info and find the box number a particular disc is in

If you were on the fourth floor, that's where they sell DVD's and music CD's and software - it's not the right floor for buying the DVD cases. Plus 200 Baht for a case holding just 20 is way, way too expensive. Really, look around the shops on the third floor, which is the floor for computer hardware, printers, and bits & bobs for your PC. Several of them sell the cases in various sizes, and at cheaper prices than 200 Baht.