Thai Train Schedules

when u go to Hua Lamphong you only get the three-and-a-half schedule-sheets for the northern, northeastern , eastern and southern line. and thats the same they provide at the thairail homepage. because they want the farang to ride the expensive trains only......where can I find a full timetable ? printed or online, doesnt matter. or any Railway-freak has a dedicated HP on the Thai railway system ? at the thairail homepage, they even list different fares (on the schedule html file the fare to Hua Hin is 3 times more than on the real homepage) ....crazy, innit ? any other railway freaks here ?

when u go to Hua Lamphong you only get the three-and-a-half schedule-sheets for the northern, northeastern , eastern and southern line. and thats the same they provide at the thairail homepage.  because they want the farang to ride the expensive trains only......where can I find a full timetable ? printed or online, doesnt matter. or any Railway-freak has a dedicated HP on the Thai railway system ? at the thairail homepage, they even list different fares (on the schedule html file the fare to Hua Hin is 3 times more than on the real homepage) ....crazy, innit ? any other railway freaks here ?

get the schedule-sheets in Thai at Hua Lamphong, they have the complete schedule. If you cannot read Thai it is pretty easy to figure out the names of the stations by comparing the Thai sheets to the English sheets.

when u go to Hua Lamphong you only get the three-and-a-half schedule-sheets for the northern, northeastern , eastern and southern line. and thats the same they provide at the thairail homepage.  because they want the farang to ride the expensive trains only......where can I find a full timetable ? printed or online, doesnt matter. or any Railway-freak has a dedicated HP on the Thai railway system ? at the thairail homepage, they even list different fares (on the schedule html file the fare to Hua Hin is 3 times more than on the real homepage) ....crazy, innit ? any other railway freaks here ?

What do you mean expensive trains, train travel in LOS is very inexpensive.

BKKHARRY:

Trains can be very expensive in TH.....you can travel by air for 50% of a train fare sometimes (for example to Chiang Mai,comparing 1st class train-Cabin with all the surcharges, and an airasia flight at a promotional rate).

and you can travel to CM by train for 1000 Baht or around 121 Baht (3rd class seat). And there are many local commuter-trains for short distance journeys which are not listed in the TH-Railway homepage.....though such train rides are not only cheap, but fun to, as you get in touch with the REAL Thai people.....so thats why I was asking where to get such informations.....but as advised, I will go to HuaLamphong next time and ask for the timetable in THAI language, as that one might be a complete listing.....

citizen821, thanks for that homepage, interesting stuff indeed.....

BKKHARRY:

Trains can be very expensive in TH.....you can travel by air for 50% of a train fare sometimes (for example to Chiang Mai,comparing 1st class train-Cabin with all the surcharges, and an airasia flight at a promotional rate).

and you can travel to CM by train for 1000 Baht or around 121 Baht (3rd class seat). And there are many local commuter-trains for short distance journeys  which are not listed in the TH-Railway homepage.....though such train rides are not only cheap, but fun to, as you get in touch with the REAL Thai people.....so thats why I was asking where to get such informations.....but as advised, I will go to HuaLamphong next time and ask for the timetable in THAI language, as that one might be a complete listing.....

citizen821, thanks for that homepage, interesting stuff indeed.....

Amazing how some can pick out the "real" people. I always figured all people were real. :o

• 3 years later...
So while debating the rail costs, what about the multi-day passes (10 & 20 days I think), saw reference to it once but can’t get details, do they exist, :o what is the cost, and are they practical for someone who is NOT a backpacker? :D

To best of my knowledge these have all been withdrawn from sale some years ago. Sales were close to nil anyway and savings ditto. Simply pay for class/way as you wish. Remarkably, there seems to be a band of farang always telling that trains are the very best-strange that many Thai themselves (maybe the real ones, who even work for the SRT) think quite different about that-the eternal delays, the often crappy service (in the eyes of the Thai-thus notably the overpriced and bad food) etc. make them second choicer at best. Most Thai that use them for long distance have to-they work and get paid for their trips as govmt. officials etc. On a dedicated website to that there is an awfully long list of bad experiences and other mishaps.

OK, this will download an Excel spreadsheet with all departures from Bangkok (all stations). And here's a spreadsheet of Rural Trains in Thailand. And here's a spreadsheet with the Complete Timetable of All Trains in Thailand. The first two are a couple years old, but seem to be mostly still accurate. The last one seems to be more recent. They're all pretty difficult to sort out, but no one can say they're not complete. :o