The Oxygen Bar - Where Is It, What Does It Do

RDN

I had a conversation with a guy in Khao San a few years back during Songkran, and he claimed he set it all up, gave me his business card and all that. Its the same guy Billy who now manages the Bulls head I think. I didn't know it was still runnning.

Not sure the whole deal with them, but pure 0xygen gives you a 'high' and puts you in a calm state, which is one of the reasons why people are given it when planes go down.

Just saw on UBC a story about an "Oxygen Bar" in Thailand.

Anyone been there, done it? How did you feel after? Seems a bit weird to me  :o

I've been to a place like that in Sukhumvit soi 24 near Emporium a few years ago.

It is supposedly a "spa" apparently targeting Japaense customers but looked to me more like a clinic inside. They scrub your dead feet skin cell (not sure what it's called in English, keratoid?), and give you massage while you are breathing oxygen from nasal cannula that is hooked to oxygen concentrating device that looked to me like it was designed for medical purpose. I live on half my lungs so I was interested how that would make me feel but it didn't particularly make me feel any better. :D

OMG! :D 5 minutes down the road! :o , but I don't think I'll be visiting that particular establishment. A little bit too weird for me...

To know, what is oxygen therapy, I advice you to visit http://www.oxygengiveslife.com , but to enjoy the pleasure of breathing oxygen, to revitalise your body with the all neccesary oxygen that we may lack, of breathing regular air. While getting your portion of oxygen we provide you with a weirless headphone, where you can listen to our sellection of special designed sound recordings, that will bring you into a relaxed state. And if this was not enough, you can sit in one of our electreic massage chairs, and controle your own massage program, all the time.

Your friends don't care how much you know,

until they know how much you care!

This page is changing your life forever!!!

Reiki, Sound Massage, Sound Therapy, Oxygen therapy and Tibetan Singing Bowls!

This is ,what you can find here on this page. You can learn about all this, or you can sign up for one of the seminars, or  you can cme in for a therapy, or you can order some of our products. Beside all this, you can online shopping in Germany, find out more about Eric the Busker, or only watch some of our pictures.

My name is Eric, I'm a Reiki Master/teacher, Sound Therapist, and work with Singing Bowls and Singing bells to remove old blockages in your body to revitalize your chakras and aura.

This system of healing I practice since a few years with greatest success.

And I can say that with this system, there are no limits.

A little bit too weird for me...

To know, what is oxygen therapy, I advice you to visit http://www.oxygengiveslife.com , but to enjoy the pleasure of breathing oxygen, to revitalise your body with the all neccesary oxygen that we may lack, of breathing regular air. While getting your portion of oxygen we provide you with a weirless headphone, where you can listen to our sellection of special designed sound recordings, that will bring you into a relaxed state. And if this was not enough, you can sit in one of our electreic massage chairs, and controle your own massage program, all the time.

No sweat. Seems they've removed the weir for you.. :D

Call me when the Nitrous-Oxide Bar opens.. :o

A little bit too weird for me...

No sweat. Seems they've removed the weir for you.. :D

Call me when the Nitrous-Oxide Bar opens.. :o

I prefer Helium! I love that Donald Duck voice! :D Have you ever laughed with lungs full of Helium? :D You just cannot stop!! It is sooo funny :D

pure 0xygen gives you a 'high' and puts you in a calm state, which is one of the reasons why people are given it when planes go down

Best spin I've heard in a long time :D

That is a script from the movie "Fight Club" :o

I think its been mentioned a fair few times before Fight Club. How true it is, I'm not sure? Any thoughts?

pure 0xygen gives you a 'high' and puts you in a calm state, which is one of the reasons why people are given it when planes go down

I think its been mentioned a fair few times before Fight Club. How true it is, I'm not sure? Any thoughts?

I think it's a joke.

I don't think they can get the passengers to evacuate the aircraft in emergency landing if they are "high". Besides, cockpit crews also breathe oxygen from the masks in the event of any emergency resulting in sudden decompression and oxygen masks dropped. I don't think we want pilots to fly the plane high on oxygen. :D

A state of calm might be advisable though coz a plane going down doesn't need panicked people running all about it?

Lets face it, when a plane goes down, not many people are dying through lack of oxygen are they.

I heard if a person is brought from sea level to the height of the summit of Mt. Everest instantly without any acclimatization, s/he will pass out almost immediately for lack of oxygen/air pressure and will die in a matter of ten or twenty minutes if not given compressed oxygen (I think I read this from the book "into thin air"). Considering the cruising altitude of a passenger aircraft on long-haul flights higher than Mt. Everest summit, I think that's what's likely to happen in the event of sudden drop in cabin pressure, although air in the pressurized cabin is thinner than the air at sea level.

Edited by Nordlys

I had read about the O2 bars before and that it was supposed to be beneficial and make you feel good. So, for scientific research, I tried one about a year ago.

Honestly, I didnt feel anything afterwards. Was severly disappointed. :o

I think it's a joke.

I don't think they can get the passengers to evacuate the aircraft in emergency landing if they are "high". Besides, cockpit crews also breathe oxygen from the masks in the event of any emergency resulting in sudden decompression and oxygen masks dropped. I don't think we want pilots to fly the plane high on oxygen. :D

You actually exhale into a bag anyway, so you will not be breathing pure oxygen just a bit above the normal mix I would presume.