Need Visa Documents Back

Help needed please,

I have just applied for an ILR in the UK for my Thai wife who is now elligable,since downloading the forms (pre April 6th)things have changed firstly the price has gone up so the payment form I sent is obselete (I know..I feel a right prat).The other thing that has changed is that the visa process is longer,it now says 6 months where as before it was 3.

I have a confirmation letter dated 14 April 2010 saying that they have the paperwork

I also have flights booked for July and would like to get my documents back and do a premium service

So I guess i'm asking is what to say to UKBA,shall I be honest and tell them its a mistake?

Will there be a charge?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,I am stressed to maximum

It says on the letter to contact them if documents are needed urgently in bold and underlined!

Edited by mangojuice

Normally if an ILR (or other LTR application) is withdrawn by the applicant the fee is forfeit.

All I can suggest is that you contact them and ask.

As far as I'm aware, they have always said that ILR applications could take up to 6 months. They have certainly always advised against making any travel plans until the application has been decided and the passport returned.

Normally if an ILR (or other LTR application) is withdrawn by the applicant the fee is forfeit.

As far as I'm aware, they have always said that ILR applications could take up to 6 months. They have certainly always advised against making any travel plans until the application has been decided and the passport returned.

Thanks 7by7

I phoned UKBA today and said I needed my documents back and they said it would be OK but someone might call me?,no money has been taken from my account and I have cancelled my debit card.

You are right about the waiting times,they do say give it six months but more realistic data was available (pre 6-4-10)from UKBA stating that they aim to process visas in 100 days and coupled with the info on my OP(93% of ilr visas processed in 30 days and 96% in 60 days) normally this was the case.This info has since changed.

They also said that there would be no charge for the return of the papers,all seems too easy to me.

Of course you are right about travel plans,a lesson learned

I couldnt find anyone else that has had this problem on this forum,so will post any new news,it could help someone.

Thanks again

Edited by mangojuice

Thanks 7by7

I phoned UKBA today and said I needed my documents back and they said it would be OK but someone might call me?,no money has been taken from my account and I have cancelled my debit card.

You are right about the waiting times,they do say give it six months but more realistic data was available (pre 6-4-10)from UKBA stating that they aim to process visas in 100 days and coupled with the info on my OP(93% of ilr visas processed in 30 days and 96% in 60 days) normally this was the case.This info has since changed.

They also said that there would be no charge for the return of the papers,all seems too easy to me.

Of course you are right about travel plans,a lesson learned

I couldnt find anyone else that has had this problem on this forum,so will post any new news,it could help someone.

Thanks again

Do yourself a favour fella and make sure when you do your premium service it is imperative you have something with both your names on from the same address stretching back 2yrs. This is what they are getting hot on. My wife recently got her ILR at birmingham office, but not without some pleading and begging at the Boss ECO. Check your documents with a fine tooth comb before going, We thought it would be a walk in the park but it never is. Good Luck hope you get it..!

[

Do yourself a favour fella and make sure when you do your premium service it is imperative you have something with both your names on from the same address stretching back 2yrs. This is what they are getting hot on. My wife recently got her ILR at birmingham office, but not without some pleading and begging at the Boss ECO. Check your documents with a fine tooth comb before going, We thought it would be a walk in the park but it never is. Good Luck hope you get it..!

Got documents back in 3 days,can't complain.The payment slip from my application was missing so I'm guessing they tried to get money from my account but as I said in my origonal OP I cancelled my card.Got an appointment at Croyden (no chance of getting into Birmingham)on Wed 28th and its along drive from the Black Country to there with two babies so stopping in a Travelodge.

I have got some letters but not many,addressed to both of us and some to each of us over the two years,also some addressed to each of us.

I hope its enough,It's nerve wracking stuff this.

Thanks for the heads up.