Retirement Stamp Early Renewal

Hi, My annual retirement renewal is on May 27th. I have some serious health problems, which mean it will be unlikely that I can travel (to Phitsanulok Immigration), on this date, as I will be recovering from an operation.

Is my understanding of the system / requirements correct?

I believe I can renew up to 30 days early - so I could go on 28th April to renew.

The 800,000 Baht, that is required for the visa, (which has been in a Thai bank for several years), can be utilised after I've renewed, (in case the medical fees are higher than expected), and I can then top up back to the 800,000, before my renewal in 2011. I expect to be able to do this in June 2010. Also this money does not now need to be transferred from a foreign account - I can get cash via ATM and replace the amount I use for medical expenses.

Do Phitsanulok Immigration need a medical certificate for renewal of the retirement stamp?

I'm asking because I believe the staff were trained at Nan, who did insist on this requirement.

Thanks for your help.

FYI I renewed my retirement extension at Phitsanuloke on April 7th this month and there were no requirement for a Med. Certificate. I only needed copies of my Passport, Bank Book with proof of funds, Form 7 completed, current picture and 1,900 Baht.

Cougar

Hi again. I'm trying to sort out the retirement stamp renewal before going into hospital on Friday next week (7th May).

Next week both Monday and Wednesday are bank holidays. In view of this, my wife phoned our local bangkok bank and asked could we go and get the letter confirming my bank balance today, so we can go to Phitsanulok tomorrow and renew the visa. The Bank told her that immigration would not accept the letter, as the law says we have to wait three days for this before going to immigration. I have never heard of this, despite looking at this site regularly, and my suspiscion is that the bank are trying to BS my wife, because they can't be bothered. They offered to give us the letter Tuesday morning, so we can then go to immigration, or on Thursday next week - which is too close to my entering hospital.

Are the bank trying to BS us with this three day waiting law claim?

If we go Tuesday to immigration, will they accept the letter if it's dated close of business Friday (ie before the weekend, & Monday bank holiday).

Any advice welcome, thanks again.

Suspect your bank is not writing the letter and getting from Headquarters so a delay. I also suspect Immigration will not accept it as they want same or previous day letters it seems lately.

Had same treatment first time with BBL years ago - next time wife nicely told them account would be closed if manager did not perform his duties (it is a fee listed item and all branches should provide) and never had a problem after that

Hi again. I'm trying to sort out the retirement stamp renewal before going into hospital on Friday next week (7th May).

Next week both Monday and Wednesday are bank holidays. In view of this, my wife phoned our local bangkok bank and asked could we go and get the letter confirming my bank balance today, so we can go to Phitsanulok tomorrow and renew the visa. The Bank told her that immigration would not accept the letter, as the law says we have to wait three days for this before going to immigration. I have never heard of this, despite looking at this site regularly, and my suspiscion is that the bank are trying to BS my wife, because they can't be bothered. They offered to give us the letter Tuesday morning, so we can then go to immigration, or on Thursday next week - which is too close to my entering hospital.

Are the bank trying to BS us with this three day waiting law claim?

If we go Tuesday to immigration, will they accept the letter if it's dated close of business Friday (ie before the weekend, & Monday bank holiday).

Any advice welcome, thanks again.

Its not BS - its an outright lie. Tell the bank you are going to close the account because of it.

Thanks again to all who replied. Got hold of Phitsanulok immigration phone number - my wife rang them and told them what the bank had said - I think they're still laughing!!!

Went to the bank - bit of face saving going on here, I think, they will give us a letter first thing in the

morning, dated 30 april, showing the amount in the bank at close of business yesterday 29th, (Thursday), and they will update the pass book to show the balance on 30th april. They tried the three day notice story again, but when we said we'd 'phoned the immigration, and offered to give them the number to check themselves, surprisingly their attitude changed.

Now my flipping computer / printer is playing up, am I right in thinking the following are needed for retirement renewal & re-entry visa.

Passport photo page

Visa page (Current retirement stamp)

Last entry stamp

all entries since last retirement extension

original receipt of 90 day notification from immigration

TM6 departure card

TM7 retirement extension form, printed on both sides

TM8 Rentry form

Thai marriage certificate

2 6x4 cm photos

Anything I've forgotten?

The drive I keep all this stuff on keeps freezing up on me.

Thanks to all for help.

Bank letter and copies of all pages in bank passbook

I called in at my branch of BKK bank early on Tuesday morning to get my letter for immigration, expecting to get the letter the same day, as in previous years. I also got the '3-day' story from them. I picked up the letter first thing on Thursday morning for 100 Baht. I'm sure I used to pay 180 Baht for the letter???

I went to Phitsanulok Immigration the same day, to extend my THAI WIFE visa. It is easy to find and a very pleasant location, on the East bank of the Nan River just south of Route 12. The staff there suggested I go for the RETIREMENT visa, as they could do that there and then, whereas I would have to wait and then go back next week to get my THAI WIFE visa extended. I followed their advice as I live in Phetchabun, a 2-hour drive away. I found I only needed a fraction of the paperwork I had with me for the THAI WIFE visa.

The staff at Phitsanulok were all extremely polite and most helpful and everybody there spoke good english. But then again, I have never had a bad experience at any of the 5 different Immigration Offices I have used in my 15 years here...except for the queues at Soi Suan Plu.

Regards,

Another satisfied customer.

If computer on the blink just take the documents to any copy (place with copy machine) and have them do - will only take a few minutes and if you make more than needed no problem. Cost will likely be less than doing it yourself. If photos a problem most photo shops can make immediately also.