Honda Pcx Start Stop Ideling?

snowflake

But you can't change the fact that performance variators have a different drive face angle, as well as the roller patterns and the ramplate , and the drive face is a little bit bigger.

Completely agree.

All we're trying to do is help the PCX run at it's optimum using the bikes stock parts to ensure that the PCX keeps it's strength and reliability.

The PCX is heavily restricted - partly to meet emission standards but also to meet legal requirements for 125cc class motorcycle for learner motorcyclists.

We're not altering anything that will change the emissions (the engine, exhaust and fuelling remain unchanged) - we're altering the gearing to give better speed/acceleration.

We now have 2 variator kits available for the PCX on offer - see bike classifieds for further details or PM me if you're interested.

regards and ride safe :)

Yes I am a fat bastard, but the top speed is still 110kmph on the speedo (back to normal now)...

I found reference to a European equivalent which says top speed is 105 so your indicated 110 looks OK for std. bike.

I did some "back of beer mat" calcs and at 13ps you should get 120-ish. My "constant" for drag maybe off but should be close. (124kph)

Maybe Honda figures they are not ideally suited to more than 110, which is why they designed in Scuddy's variator stops and rev limiter.

The reason your "beer mat calc" my be wrong is because the pcx has not 13 but 11.3 HP At least that is what Honda Germany is showing on there data sheet for this scooter.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My apologies for not explaining further on how to increase the top speed of the PCX.

None of the Honda scooters ,icon, click, airblade or PCX, have washers in variator whether fuel injected or not.

Honda have engineered the variator to do the same job as having a spacer. On the rear of the variator are 6 rollers that move up and down depending on the speed of the engine. As the engine speed increases the rollers move up and outward pushing the variator in forcing the v-belt outwards so increasing the speed of the motorcycle. Honda have been clever by engineering in stops on the rear of the variator to stop the rollers from reaching their maximum and so limiting the maximum speed. machining the stops allows the rollers to move further upwards and allowing the variator move in further making the bike go faster. The PCX will now go 125 to 130KPH depending on the weight of the rider etc.

The restriction in the cdi unit is a rev limiter, but the PCX never reaches this with an unmodified variator, it will if you remove/machine the stops. The roller stops have to be machined out as they are part of the original casting.

So now you've increased the top speed the next thing is to increase acceleration.

Simply replace the rollers with ones that are exactly the same in size (very important) but are very slightly heavier, about half a gram each. The heavier the roller the faster they will react to centrifugal force and push the variator in quicker.

We have done this on 3 PCX's already, a fourth will be added next week- next friday. I will do a short video of the process involved. But be warned it will invalidate your warranty!!!

P.S. This can be done on all icons, clicks and airblades as well.

P.P.S. Very off topic considering the OP's original query - sorry. Maybe this should be the heading of a new thread. TUNING THE PCX

Hi Scuddy,

Have you made/posted the video of this? I tried searching but couldnt find it. Also how many of Kit 2 have you sold thus far? Any problems with it? I would love some faster acceleration to my PCX but im scared of voiding my warranty.

Any other updates about tuning the PCX apart from the two kits you sell?

Edited by insertcoins

My apologies for not explaining further on how to increase the top speed of the PCX.

None of the Honda scooters ,icon, click, airblade or PCX, have washers in variator whether fuel injected or not.

Honda have engineered the variator to do the same job as having a spacer. On the rear of the variator are 6 rollers that move up and down depending on the speed of the engine. As the engine speed increases the rollers move up and outward pushing the variator in forcing the v-belt outwards so increasing the speed of the motorcycle. Honda have been clever by engineering in stops on the rear of the variator to stop the rollers from reaching their maximum and so limiting the maximum speed. machining the stops allows the rollers to move further upwards and allowing the variator move in further making the bike go faster. The PCX will now go 125 to 130KPH depending on the weight of the rider etc.

The restriction in the cdi unit is a rev limiter, but the PCX never reaches this with an unmodified variator, it will if you remove/machine the stops. The roller stops have to be machined out as they are part of the original casting.

So now you've increased the top speed the next thing is to increase acceleration.

Simply replace the rollers with ones that are exactly the same in size (very important) but are very slightly heavier, about half a gram each. The heavier the roller the faster they will react to centrifugal force and push the variator in quicker.

We have done this on 3 PCX's already, a fourth will be added next week- next friday. I will do a short video of the process involved. But be warned it will invalidate your warranty!!!

P.S. This can be done on all icons, clicks and airblades as well.

P.P.S. Very off topic considering the OP's original query - sorry. Maybe this should be the heading of a new thread. TUNING THE PCX

It can only invalidate the warranty if they see you have done it, and then only if your dealer chooses to snitch you off to Honda. Could you do the modification, then if there is a problem with the bike or a need to take it to the dealer for anything major, covert it back like it left the factory before you took the bike in? Result : better performance with the warranty you paid for.