Thai Protesters, Army Make Tentative Peace Overtures

webfact

The Thai army has surrendered to a group of anarchists - this is what it all boils down to. This is simply not done unless there is some hidden agenda - Unless someone is controlling the game - in this case from Dubai.

No matter how you look at it, what the General said is very clear; no matter what the reds do, the army will not use force and if this isn't giving card blanch to them I don't know what it is.

Nah, he said force would not be used to clear them out from the protest sites.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Thai army has surrendered to a group of anarchists - this is what it all boils down to. This is simply not done unless there is some hidden agenda - Unless someone is controlling the game - in this case from Dubai.

No matter how you look at it, what the General said is very clear; no matter what the reds do, the army will not use force and if this isn't giving card blanch to them I don't know what it is.

The other night we did see Thais fighting Thais and killing Thais. Yet the army sat back and did nothing. I think that even if a full scale battle between red and yellows or pinks erupted the army would sit it out. The army is not willing to get involved. The whole city could burn and the army might just watch. This protest could go another month if the reds don't get bored.

Wasn't it during the 2nd world war when Japan didn't even bother to officially occupy Thailand because the army threw their weapons away? just as they did in this case?

The already well armed reds got a whole lot more arms thanks to Thai soldiers leaving them behind. Not a sign of a well disciplined force.

Also, there are a number of none lethal means of disposing the mob with minimal casualties -

Can you imagine the same mob committing the same crimes in Berlin, London or Washington ? The police would be taking care of them with the right tools and it wouldn't take more than one day. A government, a country that wants to be taken serious can not surrender to a group of armed terrorists and if blowing up train stations and attempting to blow up huge gas tanks - shooting at government forces - blowing up bombs in the capital - does not count as terrorism.... well than I guess Al Queda are a nice group of freedom fighters

I think there are going to be a whole lot of suspended sentences. The Thai government is tough on crime and corruption.

I agree to some degree. The Thai court system can be tough, but it's very subjective. If you're nobody, the legal system can be tough, if you're connected with somebody important, the legal system is as tough as a piece of wet toilet paper. As you say, 'suspended sentence' ....which essentially means: "We find you guilty, but you're not going to be punished, so please be a good boy from now on, ok?"

The current gov't and its ineffectual army seems too eager to bend over backwards to appease the unruly mob that's barricaded itself downtown. It's 3-way tension now, with the yellows & no-color shirts (mostly justifiably angry Bkk citizens) as part of the equation. Sad to see Bangkok getting ripped asunder. In my view, the gov't & army should have taken firm action early on. By being such sustained wimps, they've empowered the Reds. We're currently watching Mob Rule, part II (Mob Rule, Part I was the Yellows earlier on). Brace yourself for Mob Rule, parts III and IV, coming soon to a theater near you.

Most analysis on here picks the bits people want to back their chosen horse.

Important things from the last few days:

Methee's confession. No way was he going to take it all on his own shoulders and naming the black shirts and naming who gave the shoot order and naming who supllied the weapons

Anupong saying: no clearance, attempt to ovverthrow key institutions, will protect monarchy, wont let thais kill each other

Military saying 400 armed red shirts

Sanan and Abhisit resolving the Sanan as PTP PM stuff

If true rumours of Thaksin being very ill (may or may not be true this one)

Vidoes indicating grenades fired from red lines and possibly a VOA reporter who states reds fired RPGs reported on FM100.5

Analyse this and work out why the red leadership are offering suddenly a 3-5 month election timeframe depending on what leader you listen to. Note this is a negotiating position and wont be the final agreed timeline

Note also that whatever romatic notions people want to believe there are some pretty powerful characters ouit on a limb here and they wont want to even have what they did stated publically so it isnt what the red leadership say it will all be carved up behind closed dorrs and the rumours are these big ones are trying for a September election whether before or after the reshuffle who knows and that will likely depend on how people see the elction going which will be affected big time by the stuff listed above

Apart form Abhisit and the reds and the military and the red side elite the PAD, the multicoloureds and the coalition allies also need to buy into any deal, which complicates matters

Hence, as you say, this is a complex issue and can't be oversimplified by picking out one part of it and saying 'there, that's it.' This country has been polarized for several years and the Reds are only one part of it.

It is funny though, how people always complain about the military, but when times get tough they look to the military for help. Then, when the military steps in they scream. It is no wonder that Anupong continually looks for political solutions. However, this time there may not be one. It all depends on how much proof the authorities have against the Thai leaders vis a vis April 10th and the Silom attack. If a lot, the Red leaders will roll over. If not a lot, then I suspect the Army will wait for a major push from the PAD and then call martial law (a coup, de facto). It will be interesting. I just hope the Reds are out of the "killing innocent people" frame of mind for a long time or a lot more innocent people will lose their lives so these few can consolidate their power.

'Abhisit, who has been holed up in a military barracks for weeks because of the protests, added: "I have a duty to solve the problem. If I can't I should not be here."'

The above is a direct quote from the article at the head of this thrtead.

It seems that Abhisit has already commited himself to resign as he has not solved the problem and it appears that he is no nearer to solving it than he was when it started .. Time for him to go for the sake of Thailand, the Thai peoples' lives and the Thai economy. With the correct wording of a statement from him the present government could step down without any further lose of face.

Exactly - let's hope this happens swiftly and elections are organised with an outside agency ensuring fairness - and everyone must accept the result - surely Abhisit must declare an election agreement today.

Hmmm

No, surely there is no reason that he should accept an ultimatum from the violent reds. Abhisit only owes the reds the due consideration that belongs to any Thai citizen and he owes no consideration to the reds illegally and violently protesting in BKK.

What he MUST do is take into consideration the majority of Thailand that he represents ... and that means making sure the business of government gets done. making sure that the constitution is handled by ALL interested parties. making sure that in the next elections that all candidates can campaign in all areas.

The reds "give us what we want and we will talk" ultimatum doesn't even belong on his table.

^^^ and ^^^^I think the government has the right idea. Wait them out and let them unravel as time goes by, I imagine in the background the govt. have been choking off their funding and taking other measures to reduce their effectiveness and put them under pressure.

Sometimes the best course of action is no action. BTW the reds are pretty much camped out on my doorstep and I have a small business which I have been forced to close because of them, so I want things to end quickly, but to disperse them without causing huge casualties is impossible.

The constitution has to be amended before an election, all parties need to agree to a set of rules, otherwise this silly BS will go on and on.

Very sensible Longway, I concur :)

Told my absolutely loyal (to me - farang) red shirt employee already that Sunday the Thai world would look differently. He asked back "sure?" Hope I can be sure - Methi and the grenades coverage from Lumpini Park could do the work.

Methi - ? What difference is that going to make.

How about the Thai soldiers held by the red shirts on April the 11th who made similar confessions but against the other side. Both sides will deny anything said, both will claim its coerced information and untrue.

Coverage from Lumphini ? There is none. Some might be being manufactured now, but there was nothing released yesterday morning. Any real information would have been released directly, not sat around for days hidden away. Govt say from Lumphini area, Reds say likely from Government agents to create unrest and make more people anti-Red. Nothing is clear at all, the only thing that was clear was that the multicolor campaign was designed to incite violence and allow someone to get killed.

Whats the score now ?

Reds 19 dead

Solidiers 5 dead

Japan 1 dead

Multicolors 1 dead.

Is that how some of you here look at it ?

Media coverage in THailand has been only of Soldiers and Multicolor deaths.

Reds and Japan has been ignored, not shown, censored, not allowed to be on TV, not talked about, kept quiet, mention it just a little bit but make it out that they killed by other Reds and MIB

Free and fair press in Thailand ? The media and the government of Thailand are showing themselves up very very badly in the eyes of the world.

Good Post

Some posters here need a Reality Check

I think there are going to be a whole lot of suspended sentences. The Thai government is tough on crime and corruption.

I agree to some degree. The Thai court system can be tough, but it's very subjective. If you're nobody, the legal system can be tough, if you're connected with somebody important, the legal system is as tough as a piece of wet toilet paper. As you say, 'suspended sentence' ....which essentially means: "We find you guilty, but you're not going to be punished, so please be a good boy from now on, ok?"

You watch, you are about to see many members of the Red Leadership get and accept with smiles and sweaty hands precisely the sorts of "double standards" they have been purporting to protest about. How embarrassing. :)

The 30 day to dissolution and 3 month election deal, gives a win to Thaksin.

If he can

a ) control the budget vote b ) control the army list

This is a big win for him and a big loss for all others.

Wouldn't be surprising if there are a whole slew of phone calls going from Thaksin to Army top brass - with Thaksin seeing who might be swayed to side with him if he gets his way. Note: Just before Thaksin left for NY, days before he was ousted by the coup, he played several rounds of golf with Army top brass. Among other things, he was gauging how much support he had. True to Thai tradition, the brass he talked to probably told him what he wanted to hear, then went ahead and did something different, but only a few key players know for sure.

Top players lie and vacillate on a daily basis. Just because someone important says something, doesn't mean that person can't change a moment later. How to make excuses is learned from 3 years old. It's as easy as pie for those types of people to justify doing something different from what they promised earlier.

Sorry to interrupt. I looked on the daily update thread which has nothing but yesterdays news and opinion pieces,

Does anyway have an on the ground update: skytrain operating as normal, malls still shut today etc?

Thanks.

The 30 day to dissolution and 3 month election deal, gives a win to Thaksin.

If he can

a ) control the budget vote b ) control the army list

This is a big win for him and a big loss for all others.

Wouldn't be surprising if there are a whole slew of phone calls going from Thaksin to Army top brass - with Thaksin seeing who might be swayed to side with him if he gets his way. Note: Just before Thaksin left for NY, days before he was ousted by the coup, he played several rounds of golf with Army top brass. Among other things, he was gauging how much support he had. True to Thai tradition, the brass he talked to probably told him what he wanted to hear, then went ahead and did something different, but only a few key players know for sure.

Top players lie and vacillate on a daily basis. Just because someone important says something, doesn't mean that person can't change a moment later. How to make excuses is learned from 3 years old. It's as easy as pie for those types of people to justify doing something different from what they promised earlier.

Well, besides finding an outlet here for emotions, we are not going to change anything and as I have learned in over 25 years here, "logic and competence" are not part of life here and probably will never be.

So lets sit back and watch the muppet show :)

Fortunately, the people on the government side of things do not take their advice from the simplistic bloodlusting self appointed experts of Thai Visa.

"The use of force will not end the current problems and would have many repercussions,"

- General Anupong Paojinda at a meeting of military commanders according to deputy spokesman Colonel Sirichan Ngathong.

"The best thing is to create understanding among the people. The army's job now is to take care of the people, and not allow Thais to attack each other."

- General Anupong Paojindaupong

AFP also reports that the General stated to its reporter that he aimed to end the stand-off without further bloodshed, saying the authorities "can uphold the law with no people dead or injured".

The Redshirts and the General will try to find a way to end this peacefully. If the Redshirts obtain a way to exit without a loss of face, they will have emerged with an important political victory: The end of the Abhisit government. If the General pulls this off he will rbe seen as the man that restored the military's reputation as the defender of the realm. A settlement virtually guarantees that no politician in the forseeable future would dare interfere with the military's place in Thai society. The people will not allow the institution that kept the country from civil war to be harmed.

That is what is at stake.

The people most worried now might be those in a turf warf war with the UDD and the military for access to the public trough. I anticipate that other groups will attempt to delay the settlement and to provoke the Redshirts and the military. With peace, the Reds will have cemented their core support group and the military restored its credibility. The opposing factions cannot have these two groups in strong negotiating positions.

You have overlooked the most important thing that Anupong said, that the Army will ultimately protect the monarch. Ultimately reffers to last line of defense. The Army also stated that the cause of the problems come from a "concerted effort to grab power and attack the monarchy"

Thus, any "compromise" must abandon Thaksin's main goals.

Actually, I think it is more in agreement with your line of thought than you believe.

When I wrote, If the General pulls this off he will be seen as the man that restored the military's reputation as the defender of the realm. A settlement virtually guarantees that no politician in the forseeable future would dare interfere with the military's place in Thai society. The people will not allow the institution that kept the country from civil war to be harmed.

The military has declared itself as defender of the realm, i.e. the monarchy. If the military succeeds with a peace settlement, then all that it seeks to preserve will be "safe". The support for the military if it brings peace will be overwhelming and anyone or any group seeking to make changes will go against some tough public opinions that will cross all the political lines.

Where we most likely disagree is on Thaksin. Despite the views of many in here, I think Thaksin is finished and has little real clout with the UDD leadership. It gets back to their using him as a figure head and backer. Once the UDD gets what it wants, it will drop him like a pile of fresh poop.Thaksin is going to be a spent force after this event and he may not be over enthused when it ends. He and some other groups opposed to the UDD would like to see this go on for their own reasons. However, I think the consensus now in the UDD is for this to be finished and the General has picked up on this sentiment. I may not like the Thai army, but I have to give the General credit for being a pretty smart man, particularly street smart, But then, he does share a similar origin with many of the UDD leaders. He has more in common with them and they with him, than either has with Thaksin or groups like PAD.

Fortunately, the people on the government side of things do not take their advice from the simplistic bloodlusting self appointed experts of Thai Visa.

"The use of force will not end the current problems and would have many repercussions,"

- General Anupong Paojinda at a meeting of military commanders according to deputy spokesman Colonel Sirichan Ngathong.

"The best thing is to create understanding among the people. The army's job now is to take care of the people, and not allow Thais to attack each other."

- General Anupong Paojindaupong

AFP also reports that the General stated to its reporter that he aimed to end the stand-off without further bloodshed, saying the authorities "can uphold the law with no people dead or injured".

The Redshirts and the General will try to find a way to end this peacefully. If the Redshirts obtain a way to exit without a loss of face, they will have emerged with an important political victory: The end of the Abhisit government. If the General pulls this off he will rbe seen as the man that restored the military's reputation as the defender of the realm. A settlement virtually guarantees that no politician in the forseeable future would dare interfere with the military's place in Thai society. The people will not allow the institution that kept the country from civil war to be harmed.

That is what is at stake.

The people most worried now might be those in a turf warf war with the UDD and the military for access to the public trough. I anticipate that other groups will attempt to delay the settlement and to provoke the Redshirts and the military. With peace, the Reds will have cemented their core support group and the military restored its credibility. The opposing factions cannot have these two groups in strong negotiating positions.

You have overlooked the most important thing that Anupong said, that the Army will ultimately protect the monarch. Ultimately reffers to last line of defense. The Army also stated that the cause of the problems come from a "concerted effort to grab power and attack the monarchy"

Thus, any "compromise" must abandon Thaksin's main goals.

Actually, I think it is more in agreement with your line of thought than you believe.

When I wrote, If the General pulls this off he will be seen as the man that restored the military's reputation as the defender of the realm. A settlement virtually guarantees that no politician in the forseeable future would dare interfere with the military's place in Thai society. The people will not allow the institution that kept the country from civil war to be harmed.

The military has declared itself as defender of the realm, i.e. the monarchy. If the military succeeds with a peace settlement, then all that it seeks to preserve will be "safe". The support for the military if it brings peace will be overwhelming and anyone or any group seeking to make changes will go against some tough public opinions that will cross all the political lines.

Where we most likely disagree is on Thaksin. Despite the views of many in here, I think Thaksin is finished and has little real clout with the UDD leadership. It gets back to their using him as a figure head and backer. Once the UDD gets what it wants, it will drop him like a pile of fresh poop.Thaksin is going to be a spent force after this event and he may not be over enthused when it ends. He and some other groups opposed to the UDD would like to see this go on for their own reasons. However, I think the consensus now in the UDD is for this to be finished and the General has picked up on this sentiment. I may not like the Thai army, but I have to give the General credit for being a pretty smart man, particularly street smart, But then, he does share a similar origin with many of the UDD leaders. He has more in common with them and they with him, than either has with Thaksin or groups like PAD.

Interesting, may I ask how do you know what all those parties "really" want ?

You should add "in my opinion" before such statements - nobody knows what the hidden agendas of any of those groups are or what games are played by those who play them

......"logic and competence" are not part of life here and probably will never be.

May I add "personal responsibility." In farangland there's an old saying, 'a man is as good as his word' .....is there a similar concept here in Thailand?

Very good point - forgot that one :) see Thais behind the wheel of a car or in politics or in ...... ahhhh but still love them - back in Europe everything is so .... so hmm organized except of course in Gordon Browns government or Greece or ........

Edited by BKjohn

Through the past month, although I supported Abhisit, it is clear he must go. Abhisit is a good Second in Command, but he truly sucks as a leader.... good leaders show themselves in tough times. They do not go back into their caves and cower and then come out when it is clear and make excuses.

Through the past month, although I supported Abhisit, it is clear he must go. Abhisit is a good Second in Command, but he truly sucks as a leader.... good leaders show themselves in tough times. They do not go back into their caves and cower and then come out when it is clear and make excuses.

A government is like a motor race stable .... the driver can only win if his pit crew fully supports him and is competent at what they do

Edited by BKjohn

Most analysis on here picks the bits people want to back their chosen horse.

Important things from the last few days:

Methee's confession. No way was he going to take it all on his own shoulders and naming the black shirts and naming who gave the shoot order and naming who supllied the weapons

Anupong saying: no clearance, attempt to ovverthrow key institutions, will protect monarchy, wont let thais kill each other

Military saying 400 armed red shirts

Sanan and Abhisit resolving the Sanan as PTP PM stuff

If true rumours of Thaksin being very ill (may or may not be true this one)

Vidoes indicating grenades fired from red lines and possibly a VOA reporter who states reds fired RPGs reported on FM100.5

Analyse this and work out why the red leadership are offering suddenly a 3-5 month election timeframe depending on what leader you listen to. Note this is a negotiating position and wont be the final agreed timeline

Note also that whatever romatic notions people want to believe there are some pretty powerful characters ouit on a limb here and they wont want to even have what they did stated publically so it isnt what the red leadership say it will all be carved up behind closed dorrs and the rumours are these big ones are trying for a September election whether before or after the reshuffle who knows and that will likely depend on how people see the elction going which will be affected big time by the stuff listed above

Apart form Abhisit and the reds and the military and the red side elite the PAD, the multicoloureds and the coalition allies also need to buy into any deal, which complicates matters

Hence, as you say, this is a complex issue and can't be oversimplified by picking out one part of it and saying 'there, that's it.' This country has been polarized for several years and the Reds are only one part of it.

It is funny though, how people always complain about the military, but when times get tough they look to the military for help. Then, when the military steps in they scream. It is no wonder that Anupong continually looks for political solutions. However, this time there may not be one. It all depends on how much proof the authorities have against the Thai leaders vis a vis April 10th and the Silom attack. If a lot, the Red leaders will roll over. If not a lot, then I suspect the Army will wait for a major push from the PAD and then call martial law (a coup, de facto). It will be interesting. I just hope the Reds are out of the "killing innocent people" frame of mind for a long time or a lot more innocent people will lose their lives so these few can consolidate their power.

Yes

Another issue will be about the relationship between the red leadership and those in the background above them that do deals in shadowy places. When deals get done sacrifices are mad and we have already had blood so while Abhisit may be finished in his longer term poltical career, who will pay for the assualt on the military? I dont know the answer but someone or some people will

......"logic and competence" are not part of life here and probably will never be.

May I add "personal responsibility." In farangland there's an old saying, 'a man is as good as his word' .....is there a similar concept here in Thailand?

Very good point - forgot that one :) see Thais behind the wheel of a car or in politics or in ......

What I'd like to see is legislation which compels a man who has sired a child, to take responsibility for that child - even if he splits from the mother. Currently, there's no compulsion, legal or moral, for that happening in Thailand.

The other thing that doesn't exist here but needs to be formally instated is a law which has penalties for harboring a fugitive.

Sorry to get off-topic, though the 2nd item (mentioned just above) does apply somewhat to the topic.

the BTS skytrain, has rescheduled weekend train services .

five stations on Silom route are open - Chong Nonsi, Surasak, Saphan Taksin, Krung Thon Buri and Wong Wian Yai. Trains will run from 6am to 7pm.

All Sukhumvit line are open from 6am to 7pm.

the BTS skytrain, has rescheduled weekend train services .

five stations on Silom route are open - Chong Nonsi, Surasak, Saphan Taksin, Krung Thon Buri and Wong Wian Yai. Trains will run from 6am to 7pm.

All Sukhumvit line are open from 6am to 7pm.

would be careful - those reds with the RPG's and grenades are probably pissed off that they can not play anymore - well at least for today - and form a splinter group that takes actions into their own hands

What I'd like to see is legislation which compels a man who has sired a child, to take responsibility for that child - even if he splits from the mother. Currently, there's no compulsion, legal or moral, for that happening in Thailand.

The other thing that doesn't exist here but needs to be formally instated is a law which has penalties for harboring a fugitive.

Sorry to get off-topic, though the 2nd item (mentioned just above) does apply somewhat to the topic.

Oh be a way with your liberal logic as much as I agree. Thai politics is not about creating a better society be it measured in wealth, morality or equity. Ironically, the last time someone tried this kind of thing, all that happened was that the girls had to put on bikini tops and the shops couldn't sell booze between 2 and 5. That is Thailand's version of a moral crack down.

You are asking people in Thailand to be responsible for their actions. They can't even compel people to wear motor cycle helmets which save their OWN lives, let alone compel someone to have to take care of someone else.

A common statement in many othreads ... "this would never happen in Europe or USA the police or national guard would put a stop to it long ago."

Thats a good point but its also true that if a political leader was found to be corrupt or criminal these countries would not use the military to overthrow the government (coup of 06). And these countries would also not then change their constitutional law so that the balance of power was more easily held by a certain group.. also these countries would not allow their airports to be held hostage for a week to change.. and then we have the judicial coups....Thailand is Thailand.

Thailand as a self governed country is only a baby. The US fought its bloody civil war nearly a 100 years after being free of Britain. How long has Thailand been free ?

Is it free?

edit for spelin

Edited by kenai

If that is true then following form the reds would have stuck to their demand of immediate disolution and had a giant party. Instead you had a more somber scene with red leaders offering a new demand and quite noticeably as they spoke one on which there were different takes and feelings. Veera was quite mild and Weng was quite extreme and Charan mentioned more months than any of the others.

This is about closed door smoke filled room things that we dont see

Anupong has opened a door for negotaitions but negotiations that leave the military holding a lot of cards. The military couldnt give a toss about who is in government as long as nobody messes with their reshuffle and nobody brings Thaksin back. They may well have enough cards to do that now, and they have likely ironed over the previous cracks as the one thing that will unite the military has been openly mentioned as being under attack.

There is still a lot to play out here and a lot we dont know. For example, who has Methee named and how high. That is big negotiation leverage over the power players as likely they wont know what Methee has said

Anyway complicated but the election stuff is in many ways just a diversion as before any election the deals will be done so everyone knows what the will do after it whoever wins, and whoever wins could be linked to what those with the information are willing to release

Always keen to read your take on things. It's head and shoulders above a battalion of blather.

One thing about Methee, I see the other red leaders are now trying to distance themselves from him and are weakly trying to serve up a, "Methee who?" ... But he's been integral in the reds for months and months and months and months.

A known hothead, famous for beating up a small old man who was also a fellow PTP'er, his charges now carry the potential for death.

There is much the DSI is gleaning from him.

Much of the red leadership must be quite puckered today on what he spills.

Anyway, the former actor/stud model/red assassin will be HUGELY popular with his fellow inmates in prison. :)

23-2144194200T.jpg

Methee

Edited by kentucky

I'm 90% with you but there has to be a 'truce' which includes pardoning all (except those 'blacks' who sniped - they are unforgivable and must be caught and punished). It would not be wise to keep pushing the 'Thaksin' button - better to just get to a 3 month election compromise and stop the carnage. However, a caveate, I do think there has to be some sort of 'outside' monitoring of elections.

And what if it can be proven that the grenade throwers are funded by PTP/PPP/TRT MPs or Thaksin, or were acting on orders from the red leaders? They too would then be tried on terrorism charges.

anybody... individuals (not parties) should be held fully accountable

I'm 90% with you but there has to be a 'truce' which includes pardoning all (except those 'blacks' who sniped - they are unforgivable and must be caught and punished). It would not be wise to keep pushing the 'Thaksin' button - better to just get to a 3 month election compromise and stop the carnage. However, a caveate, I do think there has to be some sort of 'outside' monitoring of elections.

And what if it can be proven that the grenade throwers are funded by PTP/PPP/TRT MPs or Thaksin, or were acting on orders from the red leaders? They too would then be tried on terrorism charges.

Yes, but this is Thailand. Accountability? Is there even a Thai word for that?

Every so often, there's a story of a person in high gov't or political power position who is about to get busted on some serious charge. That person simply quits the gov't or the political party (just in time) and voila! ...they're let off the hook.

Every so often, there's a story of a person in high gov't or political power position who is about to get busted on some serious charge. That person simply quits the gov't or the political party (just in time) and voila! ...they're let off the hook.

Which is why individuals should be held personally accountable for all actions - no hiding or 'get outs'

Saw the Mrs signing up to a :No Dissolution of Parliment: web site anyone know how many Thais have signed up to that?

Would give some idea of Thai not Farang opinion although not all Thai outside the protest area care very much or have access to a computer.

I read that the Reds tried to take the woman who was killed in the Sala Daeng out of the ambulance as they were trying to get her to the hospital.

The Reds are acting like animals if this is true.

"(the daughter) she insisted her mother died while she was being taken in the ambulance and not after arriving at the hospital.

She claims a group of red-shirt supporters tried to grab her body while she was being taken to the hospital.

"Why did they [red shirts] have to do this?" she said, adding that she wanted the government to urgently do something to help people."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/...s-30127837.html

Edited by humfurry

Abhisit/Suthep ordered the army in, with live ammo, and people were killed with the live ammo on April 10th.

Therefore based on this the Democrats should be dissolved and should have terrorism charges against them.

Using live ammo against protestors is designed to "terrorize" them with fear, thats what terror is.

If of course you wish to go down these silly emotional "thoughts for the moment" kind of nonsense.

I am amazed at some of the nonsense spouted on here.