Reliable Painter / Decorator Required...

johnboy3739w

DIY

The only way I'm afraid.

Even if you know nothing, quicker for you to learn than to find a Thai capable of doing it to the required standard.

Quite so, GOOD in Thai translates as cheap. GOOD in every other language refers to a quality measure.

This may help..... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Deal-Poor-Wo...ip-t354038.html

End of....

Edited by Dave the Dude

I have a Thai painter starting tomorrow, labour only 800bht a day for 1 guy, i have been recomended him by a long time UK Ptty friend of mine, he assured me he is a clean worker, & doesn't get paint everywhere. My mate used him & he was very pleased, & he is very fussy. Painter supplies the brushes & dust sheets.

Not the cheapest i guess, but if he does a good, clean tidy job that's more important for me?

Time will tell i guess?

Ask me again this time next week?!!!

I had another quote from a Ptty farang owned painting company, they quoted me 1200bht a day for 1 guy, labour only.

Edited by dickie58

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Thai painter starting tomorrow, labour only 800bht a day for 1 guy, i have been recomended him by a long time UK Ptty friend of mine, he assured me he is a clean worker, & doesn't get paint everywhere. My mate used him & he was very pleased, & he is very fussy. Painter supplies the brushes & dust sheets.

Not the cheapest i guess, but if he does a good, clean tidy job that's more important for me?

Time will tell i guess?

I had another quote from a Ptty farang owned painting company, they quoted me 1200bht a day for 1 guy, labour only.

So how did it work out then ?

Time will tell i guess?

He did a good job in the end, but took him 3 days to do a pretty small room, so slow was taking the piss, i let him do that room & told him to go.

He was quoting silly prices for the other rooms, not playing games?

I paid him 3 days money for that 1 room 2400 bht labour only, it was really a day & half work at the very most. My Thai g/f made it very clear to him after day 1 if he drags his feet here be out, he was warned?

Got another Thai company starting tomorrow, quoted me 13,000 bht labour only to paint 5 rooms, they reckon about a weeks work for 2 or 3 guys. I've been recomended him by a farang mate as well.

Boss speaks reasonable English & appears a nice enough guy.

I made it very clear i want paint on the walls & celing, not on the floor or furnture.

If they mess up they will do 1 room & be gone as well!!

Just for calculation purposes: generally speakin' it should be possible to paint (prepare, repair, paint and clean) approx. 150 m2 per day with 2 painters.

1 gallon of decorative paint for 80m2 at THB 1500 per gallon makes THB 22 per m2. Labor, auxiliary materials, paint per m2 should be around THB 100/m2.

• 2 months later...

Hi, So how did the second company work out? recommended?

Time will tell i guess?

He did a good job in the end, but took him 3 days to do a pretty small room, so slow was taking the piss, i let him do that room & told him to go.

He was quoting silly prices for the other rooms, not playing games?

I paid him 3 days money for that 1 room 2400 bht labour only, it was really a day & half work at the very most. My Thai g/f made it very clear to him after day 1 if he drags his feet here be out, he was warned?

Got another Thai company starting tomorrow, quoted me 13,000 bht labour only to paint 5 rooms, they reckon about a weeks work for 2 or 3 guys. I've been recomended him by a farang mate as well.

Boss speaks reasonable English & appears a nice enough guy.

I made it very clear i want paint on the walls & celing, not on the floor or furnture.

If they mess up they will do 1 room & be gone as well!!