Early Morning Callers

lampard10

Just before six oclock this morning, Sunday, the door bell chimed bringing our peacefully sleeping household on to red alert. The cause of this rude intrusion into our dreams? The Electric man wanted his wedge. My wife whispered (as if not to wake the whole house) ' Don't nag him,it's his job' I duly paid the man with as much of a smile as I could possibly muster, and returned to my pit. To no avail. I was awake and that was that.

Can you just imagine what chain of events that would unleash had that happened in the U.K.? Or Australia. Or America. :o

The first time the Electric man came to my house at 06:00, I politely left him in no doubt that in future he would only get any sense (and money) out of me after 09:00. It's been like that ever since.

Or I would say to him that I will pay it via Internet banking :D

Actually that reminds me of yet another story relating to the infamous TiT way of doing things. Just proof that this phenomonem follows you all over the world.

Wondering how my bank account in Thailand was fairing, I logged onto Thai Military Bank web-site when I was home in UK. It said in the English section, follow these easy steps to set up internet banking wherever you are in the world. I filled in countless lines of information on various pages, until at last, voila, it said press enter to finalise your internet banking. I pressed in anticipation. And up it came. My filled in pages were back, with the message.

'For the final step please print these pages off, and take them into the branch where your account is held. :o

Took a little reading to understand as have never paid electric directly so never had it happen. You might want to consider direct debit from bank account - we have never had an error. The only at home payment we have is garbage fee and local newspaper.

But you live upcountry so should be up at six anyhow (that what the roosters and electric pole news broadcast are there for). :o

Actually that reminds me of yet another story relating to the infamous TiT way of doing things. Just proof that this phenomonem follows you all over the world.

Wondering how my bank account in Thailand was fairing, I logged onto Thai Military Bank web-site when I was home in UK. It said in the English section, follow these easy steps to set up internet banking wherever you are in the world. I filled in countless lines of information on various pages, until at last, voila, it said press enter to finalise your internet banking. I pressed in anticipation. And up it came. My filled in pages were back, with the message.

'For the final step please print these pages off, and take them into the branch where your account is held. :D

:o:D

I wouldnt of been happy... on the same wavelength, why do "mates" think they can call you pissed from a bar at midnight or 1 or 2 or 3 - Im glad I turned my phone off last night as this morning I had quite a few messages from the TV pissup in Pattaya :D:o

edit - it seems the pissup is next weekend? I no understand :D

Edited by Tornado

'For the final step please print these pages off, and take them into the branch where your account is held. :D

Exactly the same with Siam Bank :o

Exactly the same with Siam Bank :o

This woulda left me shaking my head and muttering.... amazing Thailand!

I did, and I can't.

Neither directly, nor through SCB on-line banking.

At least not with the Provincial Electric Authority where I live.

so each time the bill is dropped into the mailbox, its of to join the queue at the PEA offices. At least they USED to offer payment by visa. now, after three months of that, it, too has been stopped. :o

Ah well - at least I'm not woken at six by the electric man. Just the village dogs, loudspeakers and travelling nam-pla hawkers. :D

Just before six oclock this morning, Sunday, the door bell chimed bringing our peacefully sleeping household on to red alert. The cause of this rude intrusion into our dreams? The Electric man wanted his wedge. My wife whispered (as if not to wake the whole house) ' Don't nag him,it's his job' I duly paid the man with as much of a smile as I could possibly muster, and returned to my pit. To no avail. I was awake and that was that.

Can you just imagine what chain of events that would unleash had that happened  in the U.K.? Or Australia. Or America.  :o

Got up at 12.15pm today. Found the electric man sleeping outside my gate with my bill in his hand. I took the bill put the money in his hand and went back to bed.

I live up country and I am semi retired. If he came to my door at that time and woke me up I would offer him a cool drink and some food and thank him.

Why?

1) Because it is polite

2) because I can always find something to do (even if it is logging onto tv)

3) if he is knocking on my door at that time he must have got up early to do so and it would not have been his idea.

4) at least it would save my wife a trip to the village or wherever it has to be paid

5) I know him and he is a nice guy anyway and so is the man who comes with the water bill and also the trash man.

I don't have to work or beat on peoples door to get 2 or 3 hundred baht but somebody has to, and if it makes his day a little better, why not, and it is only once a month anyway.

I could wake the wife but she is not really a morning person and she gets a bit crabby before her first coffee.

Edited by billd766

I live up country and I am semi retired. If he came to my door at that time and woke me up I would offer him a cool drink and some food and thank him.

Why?

1) Because it is polite

3) if he is knocking on my door at that time he must have got up early to do so and it would not have been his idea.

4) at least it would save my wife a trip to the village or wherever it has to be paid

5) I know him and he is a nice guy anyway and so is the man who comes with the water bill and also the trash man.

I  don't have to work or beat on peoples door to get 2 or 3 hundred baht but somebody has to, and if it makes his day a little better, why not, and it is only once a month anyway.

I could wake the wife but she is not really a morning person and she gets a bit crabby before her first coffee.

Good grief...! :o:D

Why?

1) Because it is polite

I  don't have to work or beat on peoples door to get 2 or 3 hundred baht but somebody has to, and if it makes his day a little better, why not, and it is only once a month anyway.

why not go the whole hog and invite them to come live with you phil !

I'd answer the door stark naked and half asleep. You could be sure after being confronted by that, the electric guy would put me last on his list of people to visit, and never take a chance at waking me up again- preferring to come at a time when I am sure to be awake and dressed!

Why do they come to the Farang house first?

Becuase it's 90%++ of their total revenue. Most Thais have a bill of 97 Baht. These guys are on commission?

Give 'em a Big Cold Chang even if 5.59AM++ in the morning.

TiT.

Why do they come to the Farang house first?

Becuase it's 90%++  of their total revenue. Most Thais have a bill of 97 Baht. These guys are on commission?

Give 'em a Big Cold Chang even if 5.59AM++ in the morning.

TiT.

Or a nice glass of Lao Kao dairng... :D

totster :o

Edited by Totster

Why?

1) Because it is polite

What a wonderful idea. Why doesn't everyone adopt that attitude. Then, if everyone invited him in for a cuppa on his early morning round , BY THE TIME HE GOT TO OUR HOUSE IT WOULD BE TEN A BLOODY CLOCK

Why?

1) Because it is polite

Errm, I think you meant billd766?

If anyone came chasing money at my house at that unearthly hour, I would 'politely' set the dogs on the intrusive idiot.

Why?

1) Because it is polite

Errm, I think you meant billd766?

If anyone came chasing money at my house at that unearthly hour, I would 'politely' set the dogs on the intrusive idiot.

Well ... I think that's a bit harsh... :D

totster :D