Early Morning Callers

lampard10

how can you sleep in anyway, we get the chooks starting up at 5:30, the busses come past at 06:00 with horns blaring, if it's a weekend, the headman gives his blurt over the loadspeakers and non-stop motor cy coming past.

You don't need a savage dog. A good punch in the mouth will suffice  :D

Doctor! How can you. You've ruined my vision of you. Ihad you pegged for a non-violent,fun-loving,christian,charasmatic,drunken old fart.

That can do for Scampi's 5 word post as well.

he might be a violent, peg legged fun loving christian charismatic drunken old fart

do I need commas there :o

I live up country and I am semi retired. If he came to my door at that time and woke me up I would offer him a cool drink and some food and thank him.

Why?

1) Because it is polite

2) because I can always find something to do (even if it is logging onto tv)

3) if he is knocking on my door at that time he must have got up early to do so and it would not have been his idea.

4) at least it would save my wife a trip to the village or wherever it has to be paid

5) I know him and he is a nice guy anyway and so is the man who comes with the water bill and also the trash man.

I  don't have to work or beat on peoples door to get 2 or 3 hundred baht but somebody has to, and if it makes his day a little better, why not, and it is only once a month anyway.

I could wake the wife but she is not really a morning person and she gets a bit crabby before her first coffee.

I'm with you on this, but then I have always been an early riser.

I've never been able to understand this urban habit of staying in bed throughout the morning. It's not because I don't like my hammock, but IMHO there are times and places for all things, and sleeping and dawn just don't fit together.

Dawn is absolutely the most beautiful part of the day - especially in Thailand. Our day begins at 5 am when Pah rolls up the security door on his engineering workshop. Should that roll of thunder not be sufficient to wake the whole village, the screech of him cutting the first length of metal, 10 mins later, ensures the whole province is up and about.

But the transition from dark to light with the relatively cool air warming up to the daily heat; the restlessness of the animals as they await their food; the slight mist that disappears so quickly; the noble procession of monks collecting their alms; the all too short period of silence before the first moped comes chuntering by; that first cup of coffee taken on the porch in that short second when you could be the only person alive on the planet (apart from Pah and his bloody machine); showering in water that for the only time in the day is actually cold; Mah silently poddling about making breakfast - these are elements that make Thailand so unique and special to me.

Anyone who comes to call on us at this time is automatically a member of the camaraderie of early risers and of course will be invited to share coffee and breakfast with us.

If I want to sleep, I sleep in the afternoon when it’s too bloody hot to do anything else.

Edited by Thomas_Merton

I've never been able to understand this urban habit of staying in bed throughout the morning. It's not because I don't like my hammock, but IMHO there are times and places for all things, and sleeping and dawn just don't fit together.

Dawn is absolutely the most beautiful part of the day - especially in Thailand. Our day begins at 5 am when Pah rolls up the security door on his engineering workshop. Should that roll of thunder not be sufficient to wake the whole village, the screech of him cutting the first length of metal, 10 mins later, ensures the whole province is up and about.

But the transition from dark to light with the relatively cool air warming up to the daily heat; the restlessness of the animals as they await their food; the slight mist that disappears so quickly; the noble procession of monks collecting their alms; the all too short period of silence before the first moped comes chuntering by; that first cup of coffee taken on the porch in that short second when you could be the only person alive on the planet (apart from Pah and his bloody machine); showering in water that for the only time in the day is actually cold; Mah silently poddling about making breakfast - these are elements that make Thailand so unique and special to me.

Anyone who comes to call on us at this time is automatically a member of the camaraderie of early risers and of course will be invited to share coffee and breakfast with us.

If I want to sleep, I sleep in the afternoon when it’s too bloody hot to do anything else.

Wow!!! I just wish I could wake up in time to see this. Maybe I can catch it before I go to bed, That might work better. Sounds like something out of the Waltons, but they were saying good night to each other while I was going out on the piss :o

<SNIP>

I am also an early riser but I get rid of it by shagging the Mrs or walking it off once I have set my aim on the toilet bowl and let go. No more than eight steps in time with the lagging trajectory power and all I need do is shake the drops off and go back to bed.

Perhaps I should try that routine on the Electric Man if he is daft enough to come to my house at such a stupid and unsocial time. :D

Just to clarify, I would only piss on him... :o

<SNIP>

I am also an early riser but I get rid of it by shagging the Mrs or walking it off once I have set my aim on the toilet bowl and let go. No more than eight steps in time with the lagging trajectory power and all I need do is shake the drops off and go back to bed.

Perhaps I should try that routine on the Electric Man if he is daft enough to come to my house at such a stupid and unsocial time. :D

Just to clarify, I would only piss on him... :o

Dear me, and I thought this urge to point Percy at the porcelain (or anyone else for that matter) was a function of senility and old age.

Is there some malfunction in the young boozers bladder or what?

Dear me, and I thought this urge to point Percy at the porcelain (or anyone else for that matter) was a function of senility and old age.

Is there some malfunction in the young boozers bladder or what?

No....I've been waking up with a bed like a bloody bell tent for 45 years. :o