Who Really Fills The Redshirt Ranks

losworld

First and foremost let me explain I fully support any sincere and meaningful movement designed to bring greater democracy or equality to Thailand. However, I do think this is a movement inspired, financed and delivered by Thak and his cronies in order to get back the money and power stripped by the government.

Now I would like to know what the readers think is the demographic profile of the demonstrators. I would say the vast majority are unemployed or underemployed from northern Thailand. Really how hard would it be to gather 50 - 100 thousand unemployed in today's economy and offer them three or four thousand baht per month to hang around and create trouble with other underemployed and bored individuals. Hel_l you wouldn't even have to bus them in as there are likely more than this amount of unemployed from norther Thailand living in Bangkok. So the number turnout is rather pathetic.

Now if there was a March of five hundred thousand to one million this could be taken seriously. For now it is nothing more than "rent a crowd" in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Edited by losworld

as per temporary forum policy

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Temporary-Po...al-t355369.html

As a result of the great increase in posts about politics, we are currently requesting that members keep the political discussion confined as much as possible to threads open in the News Subforum. Threads in General which are taken over by similar political arguments will be closed until further notice.

Thanks for your understanding and participation on Thaivisa.

//CLOSED//