Work Permit If Working For Uk Limited Company

I've searched the forum but can't find an adequate answer to the following.

I'm a UK citizen that has a UK limited company that I use for my writing work. I am moving to Thailand next month. Will I need a work permit if I wish to write for the company while in Thailand? I take salary and dividnds from the company and these will continued to be paid directly to a UK bank account.

If I do need a work permit, what type do I need and how do I apply. I have a 12-month O-visa (visiting friends) for when I move there in May.

It depends. If you are working in Thailand (and tell people in Thailand that you are working) you need a work permit. If you browse the Internet, read and write emails, write down your thoughts and impressions, etc, you do not need a work permit.

--

Maestro

My advice : Go back to the Royal Thai Consulate and ask for a one year multiple entry Non-B visa.

If you don't intend to settle down in Thailand, you may not need a work permit.

If you mean a non-immigrant B visa, then isn't that for business only? I don't want to make this look like a business trip because it isn't one and I may only need to do a few hours a week work or maybe none at all. I own the company and am 100% shareholder, so I can't get someone else to sign a covering letter to say I'm working for the company. I'd rather not work at all than have a load of hassle for the sake of a few hours here and there.

At the moment I don't know whether I plan to stay there or not. I just know that I'm likely to be there for 12 months at least. So I need to know what's best for this particular trip.

Edited by w11guy

It depends. If you are working in Thailand (and tell people in Thailand that you are working) you need a work permit. If you browse the Internet, read and write emails, write down your thoughts and impressions, etc, you do not need a work permit.

--

Maestro

I think this probably sums up my situation. I'm not going to work but may have some things to sort out via email, etc. I wouldn't really classify it as work.

Edited by w11guy

You are OK then with your multiple-entry non-O visa. On each arrival in Thailand you get permission to stay for 90 days, which means a border run at least every 90 days.

--

Maestro

... and while (whilst) you are on Thai soil remove the words work and working from your lexicon... if anyone asks why or comments that you spend a lot of time on your computer say that you are sending and responding to emails from your sick Mother back in the UK.