Where To Go To Get Wife New Thai Id Card

mrmillersr

After reading your question I walked around the block and chatted with 4 Thais and asked them. They were all happy to tell me that they got theirs at the provincial offices on the road to Mae Rim. That is the same thing 3 of my neighbors had told me in the past and I drove a few people to get new ID cards there about a year ago and they got them. I also called your wife and she told me that was the place.

After reading your question I walked around the block and chatted with 4 Thais and asked them. They were all happy to tell me that they got theirs at the provincial offices on the road to Mae Rim. That is the same thing 3 of my neighbors had told me in the past and I drove a few people to get new ID cards there about a year ago and they got them. I also called your wife and she told me that was the place.

That's not it. She had a friend take her to the right office last week but she was missing some paperwork to get the ID. Her friend is now in Bangkok and my wife didn't pay attention to the name of the road. She's also not very good with directions only to say it was a soi off the moat and only a few minutes from Rimping.

So maybe there is more than one place to get a new Thai ID. Since she started at the one off the moat, that's the one I want to take her back to.

Hmmmmmm. Not trying to be TOO sarcastic but if I was in Canada And I spoke english I would ask an english speaking person where it was. She is Thai? Can she just not ask someone in Thai where it is? They would probably know more then us farangs here.

You know, these are the type of responses that often make me think twice before posting a question on this forum. If tou don't know the answer then why waste time posting something that is both unhelpful and sarcastic.

You can often ask a local a question and even though they are Thai they either don't know the answer or give you wrong information rather than saying nothing at all. My take is there are a number of farangs with Thai wives or girlfriends who might have recently gotten a new ID and know the location, so what's the big deal of posting the question here?

It all depends where your wife is registered on the family (house) papers for the house. Eg we live at Hangdong and my wife gets her id card at the amphur office at Hangdong.

With a bit of googling this is the address fro Chiangmai.

Amphur Muang Chiang Mai Registration Office

36 Intavarorot Road , Tambon Sri-Poom, Amphur Muang, Chiang Mai 50000

Tel: 053-221-016

Hmmmmmm. Not trying to be TOO sarcastic but if I was in Canada And I spoke english I would ask an english speaking person where it was. She is Thai? Can she just not ask someone in Thai where it is? They would probably know more then us farangs here.

You know, these are the type of responses that often make me think twice before posting a question on this forum. If tou don't know the answer then why waste time posting something that is both unhelpful and sarcastic.

You can often ask a local a question and even though they are Thai they either don't know the answer or give you wrong information rather than saying nothing at all. My take is there are a number of farangs with Thai wives or girlfriends who might have recently gotten a new ID and know the location, so what's the big deal of posting the question here?

It would be excellent if you think twice before posting a question. Then to help people give you a useful reply, you may get all the information into the first post which you have not done here.

Have your wife call her friend in Bkk for directions, the friend who took her to the office. That friend is someone who most likely knows where they went, nobody on this forum knows but can only guess. Is there a new Rimping somewhere near the moat?

The sad story is that whenever I'm on the road asking my wife for any direction, she's wrong. So when somebody's (Thai wife) telling you to turn left, you should turn right. It's easier for me to find a street in Bangkok, or anywhere in the Isan than for my wife.

And she can read and write Thai. I can't read.....Good luck in the land of Mei Luu's......

It would be excellent if you think twice before posting a question. Then to help people give you a useful reply, you may get all the information into the first post which you have not done here.

Have your wife call her friend in Bkk for directions, the friend who took her to the office. That friend is someone who most likely knows where they went, nobody on this forum knows but can only guess. Is there a new Rimping somewhere near the moat?

Maybe it is easier to get a new wife with an already existing ID card. :)

Just take an old ID card to renew your old one, if not you can take some one who will vouch for her, if she does not live in the area she is applying for a new ID card she maybe have to go home to get one, I know that they had only put birth records on to the Computers at City hall up to1973 , I do not know if they have been up dated yet , if they have not it may be a long trip home. My Lady got hers renewed at a BIC C shop in Bangkok, it took ten minutes.

For a passport you have to go to the city hall on the road to mae rim.

For an ID card you can go to your amphoe or to the government office/postoffice at the third floor in central airport plaza

Koosdeboer,

Went to the Post Office at Airport Plaza and got it done in about 20 minutes. Thanks for the accurate and no nonsense reply.

Maybe some of the others who live around here could take a lesson from you before they think of giving others advice and/or making witless remarks like some of the ones I got. This forum would be a lot better served if a number of posters kept their snide remarks to themselves when someone is seeking out advice or help. I'm sure there's quite a few who would like to post an honest question but don't because of the onslaught of obnoxious replies they'll probably get. Who knows, I might even get a few just for posting this.

Sorry mate,

Just seems a little funny to see a farang asking farangs where a Thai can get a Thai ID Card.

I just figured that she should know because she is Thai. Just imagine yourself in your home country asking a Thai where you should apply for a new Birth Certificate.

banjo-playing-buddy-icon.gif And remember I'm just a dumb hillbilly. :)

Sorry mate,

Just seems a little funny to see a farang asking farangs where a Thai can get a Thai ID Card.

I just figured that she should know because she is Thai. Just imagine yourself in your home country asking a Thai where you should apply for a new Birth Certificate.

banjo-playing-buddy-icon.gif And remember I'm just a dumb hillbilly. :)

May seem funny to you but it was a farang that gave me the answer I needed, so maybe you should learn something from this.

As far as your last comment - you said it, I didn't. End of discussion.