Cataract Operation In Kalasin

Issangeorge

About the beginning of March I decided that the vision in my right eye was definitely impaired. I went to see an Ophthalmologist in Kalasin City about the 10th of March and he told me I had cataracts in both my left and right eyes, but my right eye was very bad and I needed to get an operation. I decided to research cataracts on the internet and find out all I could about them. I found out that my sister-in-law had just recently had a cataract operation by the Ophthalmologist I went to and she was very happy with everything. Around the 19th of March I went back to see the Ophthalmologist and told him I wanted the operation. He looked at me very surprised and asked why I didn’t go to my home country; I told him Thailand was my home now. He asked me when I wanted the operation and we decided April 20th worked for both of us.

I’m happy to say I had a successful operation at the Kalasin Hospital and would recommend it to anyone, forget the expensive hospitals in Bangkok that quote from ฿80,000 to ฿100,000 for the operation, Kalasin charged me ฿18,165 for everything, including ฿600 for a very nice AC room. Everything was first rate and I can’t imagine been treated any better anywhere else in the world, and my Doctor spoke better English than a lot of doctors in Canada speak. I will admit the hospital staff’s English was not very good, but then that’s what the wife is for. Issangeorge.

Glad to hear a happy story George

It was not very long ago (2 months) that many were blinded in Khon Kaen hospital doing eye procedures

If you come too late, the doctor can only try!

I happen to know one of those "blinded" people.

Actually, he did not see anything before the operation, the doctor tried and the operation did not succeed.

But, if you do not trust the KK Hospital, go to the University Hospital.

You pay more, but what the he**l

You can also go to KK- RAM.

Same doctor as in KK Hospital.

Difference........150% more expensive.

This reply has nothing to do with the surgery theme. But since I am supposed to visit a friend who lives near Kalasin (a village called "Kham Muang") on my next trip to LOS, I think this might be a good spot to ask:

- Whats ihe town like? Frarang frendly ? Can one buy some farang-food ? Maybe even a little "night-life" that might appeal to a Farang on a holiday? Also: How does Kalasin compare to Sakon Nakhon ? Thanks !

This reply has nothing to do with the surgery theme. But since I am supposed to visit a friend who lives near Kalasin (a village called "Kham Muang") on my next trip to LOS, I think this might be a good spot to ask:

- Whats ihe town like? Frarang frendly ? Can one buy some farang-food ? Maybe even a little "night-life" that might appeal to a Farang on a holiday? Also: How does Kalasin compare to Sakon Nakhon ? Thanks !

People are friendly towards Frarangs, the one Farang restaurant closed down, I don't think there was a lack of business, but instead a disinterested owner. There are a few karaoke bars that a farang can have fun in. I have never spent the night in Sakon Nakhon so can't say how they compare. Issangeorge

I'm glad George had a successful operation. Personally I'd have opted for the University hospital in KK but a good outcome is a good outcome.

There are now a few bars that might appeal to a Westerner in Kalasin. One cluster is near the bus station. If you look across a large car park near the back you''ll see a karaoke bar that has some passable hostesses. Heading back along that side of the bus station you'll pass a pub-style bar and then just around the corner into a small soi you'll come to the Darra Bar. This is divided into a kind of live pop music side and the cafe. The cafe has a mixture of woman singers and coyote dancers (who perform periodic sets). It may also be worth looking at the nightclub in the basement of the Rimpao hotel, which is on the Mahasarakham side of town.

It seems to be the rules of the Hospital, but to be honest that first night after the operation I felt far more comfortable in the hospital than I would have been at home, and since I would have had to gone back the next day to have the bandage removed and the doctor examine the eye it was just easier all round, especially for people who don't live in Kalasin proper.

It seems to be the rules of the Hospital, but to be honest that first night after the operation I felt far more comfortable in the hospital than I would have been at home, and since I would have had to gone back the next day to have the bandage removed and the doctor examine the eye it was just easier all round, especially for people who don't live in Kalasin proper.

I suppose rules are different. My Thai lady had two cataracts removed (inter-ocular lens inserts) on successive days at Bumrungrad BKK but no hospital stay and no bandages?