Need A License To Show World Cup In Bars?

bangkok blue

Has anyone heard that the copyright holder, "RS", for Thailand want 10,000bht per bar as a license to show the world cup in their venue?

Maybe BS, but my mate has read this rumour on various website, yet there is no information as to where to obtain the license.

Has anyone else heard this? If so do you think it'll be enforced?

Have you heard anything about this rumour though Mr Singh?

Nothing at all Mate, i've heard that True Vision want to charge to watch the WC on it's Channel's in HD, no confirmation on what it wants to charge & if it actualluy will though as far as i'm aware..

But that would still mean it's on Thai Terrestiral TV which would make it impossible to implement what you're hearing Mate in my opinion..

• 1 month later...

I have a bar in Pattaya and the police have just been round all the bars in the soi saying cannot show football!!!!

They will be back tonight to check.

Great isn't it? I think Thailand has someone in charge of thinking of ideas to kill the tourist industry so all the bar girls, maids, waitresses, shop assistants etc have to go home and be peasant farm workers and stop too much money going to the poor areas so they will be back in their place servicing the elite Thais.

Chris

I posted a photo in one of the other 10 topics on TV talking about WC viewing. In the photo I took at a local restaurant it was sign in Thai with RS and and World Cup logo and Thai writing, basically saying this establishment is licensed to show it.

But does RS actually have English commentary? Think the answer is no, and I am not entirely sure about TURDVISIONS, there package seems to be a bit of a rip off. Anyone actually got TURD HD?

They are currently doing the rounds in Phuket, some rumours say 10,000 per TV.

What about those that are paying for and using Astro and not using the Thai commentary only RS signal.

Gossip is that Singha and Coke can help their customers