Seatran Ferry Bookings No Longer Possible

just been on the phone with seatran ferry to book a place on the boat (i ususally do it through Ayyudaya Bank Atm)

they told me that starting 1May it will no longer be possible to book, everybody goes in the cue.

its a pity that one of the few good services available gets cancelled so suddenly.

I don't know how successful you will be, but they issued cards about a year ago & they are due for renewal. They set the limit at 5,000 . I assume not everyone will renew & there might just be a chance to grab one.

Applications & renewals are done at Donsak, maybe give them a call there.

I don't know how successful you will be, but they issued cards about a year ago & they are due for renewal. They set the limit at 5,000 . I assume not everyone will renew & there might just be a chance to grab one.

I'm not clear from this post if you phone with a card,which we've had since they were originally available, and we renewed a month ago at Donsak, whether they are still valid for use to make bookings.?

I'm not clear from this post if you phone with a card,which we've had since they were originally available, and we renewed a month ago at Donsak, whether they are still valid for use to make bookings.?

I was just telling the OP to try his luck at getting a card.

Rooo, how do you go about getting a membership card? I use Seatran quite often and have always booked over the phone and payed at Ayudhya Bank.

Matt.

I think all I had to give them was a copy of Thai licence. You will have to check with Donsak if they can still maybe manage one for you.

yes it will still be possible to book but only if you already have a VIP card.

the explanation was that VIP card holders complained that they had to wait too long so they canceled the phone/ATM booking option.

thay also said it was no longer possible to get a card. but giving it a try wouldnt hurt if in donsak.

Rooo, how do you go about getting a membership card? I use Seatran quite often and have always booked over the phone and payed at Ayudhya Bank.

Matt.

I think all I had to give them was a copy of Thai licence. You will have to check with Donsak if they can still maybe manage one for you.

u have to do in donsak. u need car registration as well. and passport copy. u might want to call the office.

No worries, thanks guys. I'll be over in Donsak in a couple of weeks, so will inquire then.

Matt.

Maybe you could suggest to them , there could be a sweetner at the end , if it's a favourable result. :)

I remember I read in Samui Express about 2-3-month ago that both Seatrans and Raja ferries would have 3 bigger ferries each during this year. Was this only a joke or a usally bad journalistik.

Seatran have a new one, it's a very large ferry that you access through the side,looks more like a conventional ship.Seen it for the first time the weekend before Songkran. They were running extra services to cope with people going home for the holidays.

I think it was their first run, as they had a hard time docking it parallel to the wharf.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

During the next 6 months I'll have to take my car on the ferry to Samui about 4 or 5 times.

Would it be worth it to try and apply for a VIP card?

Also, due to my work schedule, the earliest I can arrive at the pier is just after 4 PM. Will it be difficult to get on the 5, 6, or 7 PM ferries on a mid-week day (Tuesdays or Wednesdays)?

Thanks.

During the next 6 months I'll have to take my car on the ferry to Samui about 4 or 5 times.

Also, due to my work schedule, the earliest I can arrive at the pier is just after 4 PM. Will it be difficult to get on the 5, 6, or 7 PM ferries on a mid-week day (Tuesdays or Wednesdays)?

Thanks.

1. yes

2. no if you ring and book a day or so in advance (assuming you get the card).

Matt.

u have to do in donsak. u need car registration as well. and passport copy. u might want to call the office.

You don't need car registration, you only have to give this when making a booking.

(that means you can lend/borrow a card, it is not vehicle/person specific.

definitely ask at donsak for a card.

regarding second question, i always book in advance for the trip out of samui but never for my return and provided it isn't a friday or holiday, i've never had to wait more than an hour and a half or two hours tops. if you try this though, always stay with your vehicle because they will call cars ahead of schedule and if you aren't in your car when they come out you will get passed by.

Thanks.