Thais Living Abroad

Kongtiesto

Hi all,

This is my first post so sorry if it's not in the right catagory.

I am trying to find information about how many Thais are living abroad and what countries they are living in?

Seems hard to find the correct information in English. Is there anyone who can help out?

Cheers,

John

Did u want a break down of every country or a select few?

At the time of the 2001 UK Census, 16,257 people born in Thailand were residing in the UK.[1] The Office for National Statistics estimates that, in 2008, 30,000 Thai-born people were living in the UK.[2]The UK is home to the largest Thai expatriate community in the world outside of Asia and North America.

Los Angeles, California has the largest Thai population outside of Thailand. Roughly 66% percent of all Thai Americans live in Los Angeles. It is also home to the world's first Thai Town. In 2002, there was an estimated 80,000+ Thai immigrants living in Los Angeles.

thats a couple of things i got, but yeh it does seem to be a little difficult if u wanted all countries, if u want just a few big ones, u can normally find the figures if u look at the right places.

Actually then I hoped for figures broken down by country but seems like mission impossible:-(

But yeah, looking for countries with a large population of Thais mainly and then taking it from there.

Many thanks for all your help so far.

Cheers,

John