Thai Forces Fire Warning Shots In Standoff With Red Shirts

webfact

I have no problem with people like that being shot anyone with a gun being shot but I have also seen videos of unarmed innocent reds shot in the head by the military

theres no doubt some are armed but when you meet violence with violence you get blood

The right way is to take away there ammunition and that is easy just hold an free and fair election JOB DONE everyone goes home and the rightful leaders will win the election

'''videos of unarmed innocent reds shot in the head by the military''

lets see the video then .......come on, its good to share

Its on here somewhere quite a grissly video though cause the guys head is blown to pieces maybe someone else knows there the link is

i have seen that video but it lacks some of the details you speak of

its even on Thai Visa somewhere but there's no military around, as it was behind red lines and there's no visible gun

lacks a little thing called proof i think.........so its just red propaganda...........

There is a statistic how many people died.

and there is the censorship and manipulation of the media, and no independent investigation that reports open to the public.

What proof you need?

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Landof the free....pretty simple really....a lot of the world's quality media don't have any axe to grind, so they tend to be less biased....in most of the world, when a military coup takes place, deposes a popular elected leader, writes a constitution and makes it a crime punishable by 20 years in prison to criticize the constitution...then the world media views that constitution with a bit of suspicion...

Then when a group of armed (I saw the arms with my own eyes) paid (500Baht a day rent a thug) yellow shirts come out and close the airport and a new government is appointed by shadowy figures behind scenes who fund the yellow shirts, then, forgive their suspicion, but savvy reporters tend not to believe every shred of propaganda and outright lie that comes out of their yellow mouths...

If Thaksin was corrupt then he should have been dealt with as prescribed by the constitution ie in a court of law...he wasn't he was deposed in a military coup...however you look at it, this is undemocratic...so they question the legitimacy of the present incumbent

I have googled this assertion, and have been unsuccessful in getting a result.

Perhaps you would be good enough to pinpoint the particular clause you refer to.

Restrictions against campaigning to reject the draft

The junta passed a law that made criticism of the draft and opposition to the constitutional referendum a criminal act. Political parties were not allowed to persuade voters to cast ballots in favour or not in favour of the constitution. Any violators could be banned from politics for 5 years and jailed for 10 years.[2]

The restrictions against opposition to the draft were criticized by human rights bodies. “Even if amended to allow for ‘factual’ campaigning on the referendum, it is clear that the main purpose of the law is to intimidate and silence persons who don’t share the official view,” the Asian Human Rights Commission (AHRC) said. “Meanwhile the administration is pumping vast amounts of money into Yes propaganda that is set to increase quickly.”[51]

The ban against campaigning against the constitution was enforced. In July, 20 soldiers and 10 policemen raided the house of a politician and seized anti-charter t-shirts, banners, documents, and recorded speeches.[52] Police also raided the Duang Prateep Foundation of former Senator Prateep Ungsongtham Hata and confiscated 4,000 posters which carried the message “It’s not illegal to vote against the draft constitution.” No charges were filed. The police claimed they were acting on orders from the military. “They could not cite any law to back up their actions,” said Sombat Boon-ngam-anong. Prateep filed a complaint with the police, claiming that they had committed an “unlawful” act, citing her human rights under the abrogated 1997 constitution.

Here is the text from Wiki....it was 10 years in jail not 20 as I said in the original post...I'm hoping it's ok to post things from Wiki

Just for the information. About 45 minutes ago there was a convoy of white minivans with red warning lights on the roof going exit south ploenchit.

There were about 30-40 of them only a small gold colored sticker on the front doors. Not sure if it is police or hospital ambulance's.

:)

I actually wonder how the macho ones in the reds wil ltake Khwanchai running away. Thai politics is very macho and absolutely nobody believes he didnt run away and leave his people exposed

Glad to see Abhisit on the contrary was standing right there alongside his army troops and policemen, in the middle of the battlefield, when they did their job.

Yep just like Thaksin when he ordered thousands to be klilled :)

I actually wonder how the macho ones in the reds wil ltake Khwanchai running away. Thai politics is very macho and absolutely nobody believes he didnt run away and leave his people exposed

Glad to see Abhisit on the contrary was standing right there alongside his army troops and policemen, in the middle of the battlefield, when they did their job.

So we agree on the fact that leaders never stand by their troops and followers? Glad, then we don't need to flame one side for not being there.

Like I said before. The reds made the demand to come to the negotiationtable.
From your statement presented with such certainty and conviction,I'm guessing you were actually physically present at the conference where the 'non-negotiable demand' was made...and that your parsa Thai is perfect so you didn't need any translation service but heard it first hand....a real farang insider with insider knowledge, aren't you....

Or maybe not, since an insider like that wouldn't be on here parroting yellow propaganda...maybe it's more likely that you read this snippet in that unimpeachable source, The Nation, so you 'know' it's true because it fits your preconceived prejudices...why don't examine what you are spoon-fed, just once in a while??

One only needs to listen to the reds & gov't to know this. There is no inside info going on here.

Just for the information. About 45 minutes ago there was a convoy of white minivans with red warning lights on the roof going exit south ploenchit.

There were about 30-40 of them only a small gold colored sticker on the front doors. Not sure if it is police or hospital ambulance's.

looks like these are the white police vans. You can make sure when you see red actually maroon colored licence plates.

So we agree on the fact that leaders never stand by their troops and followers? Glad, then we don't need to flame one side for not being there.

Its a minor issue. The main one is support is building in Bangkok to go in. The reds should come to the table ASAP.

It seems some have never been in the position of managing other people or delegating authority and responsibility. If I'd only had people telling me what to do all my life I might feel just the same way as you.

Last post of the night from me (hold the applause).

While I understand fighting for democracy and wanting change and all that, the methods being employed are not only polarizing, they are counter-productive.

Instead if holding a city hostage and creating fear amongst fellow citizens while harming the country's economic prospects (tourism, investment etc), why not follow the French way...

Go on strike. You heard me. Stop going to construction sites, factories, driving taxis and other occupations filled with demographics that make up a sizeable quotient of the red base.

But this tactic will take patience and sacrifice. The govt will have to negotiate.

There would be no need for another single death or injury, no need to splatter blood and threaten to start a war.

As it stands now, both sides have let this escalate to the point of lose/lose.

What do I know? Not much other than I am really tired and sad of this self inflicted situation we find ourselves in.

Like I said before. The reds made the demand to come to the negotiationtable.
From your statement presented with such certainty and conviction,I'm guessing you were actually physically present at the conference where the 'non-negotiable demand' was made...and that your parsa Thai is perfect so you didn't need any translation service but heard it first hand....a real farang insider with insider knowledge, aren't you....

Or maybe not, since an insider like that wouldn't be on here parroting yellow propaganda...maybe it's more likely that you read this snippet in that unimpeachable source, The Nation, so you 'know' it's true because it fits your preconceived prejudices...why don't examine what you are spoon-fed, just once in a while??

One only needs to listen to the reds & gov't to know this. There is no inside info going on here.

Oh you are so wise....NOT...another yellow lie swallowing spoonfeeder...don't bother me with any facts, I just know everything...

Abhisit is not in the police or military and doesn't dictate military tactics. His job is to delegate and appoint people to come up with the best tactics to achieve goals. However, the red leaders do hold themselves out this way (leaders of an army) and in fact make make claims that they will personally do this or that in terms of everything from burning down parts of the city to fighting off the military barehanded.

And yes, the military commanders on the side of the law were present as where they earlier when they were the first targeted by the reds.

Edited by jcbangkok

The Friendly fire incident

not sure, but could it be that fake soldiers shot army? This looks anything else than friendly fire, sorry.

R.I.P. it's so saddening

It actually does look like friendly fire, and the fact that the army have confirmed that it was friendly fire makes it quite unnecessary to stir up any rumors. We all know the army is doing their best to blame everything on the red shirts, so for the army to come out and actually admit something must mean that there's really no doubt.

While I understand fighting for democracy and wanting change and all that, the methods being employed are not only polarizing, they are counter-productive.

Instead if holding a city hostage and creating fear amongst fellow citizens while harming the country's economic prospects (tourism, investment etc), why not follow the French way...

Go on strike. You heard me. Stop going to construction sites, factories, driving taxis and other occupations filled with demographics that make up a sizeable quotient of the red base.

But this tactic will take patience and sacrifice. The govt will have to negotiate.

There would be no need for another single death or injury, no need to splatter blood and threaten to start a war.

What do I know? Not much other than I am really tired and sad of this self inflicted situation we find ourselves in.

haha, they probably did not have jobs anyway, and they are getting paid now it would seem!!

It seems some have never been in the position of managing other people or delegating authority and responsibility. If I'd only had people telling me what to do all my life I might feel just the same way as you.

So what do we need the puppet for? :)

I assume you use it when you "Weng"?

not sure, but could it be that fake soldiers shot army? This looks anything else than friendly fire, sorry.

R.I.P. it's so saddening

It actually does look like friendly fire, and the fact that the army have confirmed that it was friendly fire makes it quite unnecessary to stir up any rumors. We all know the army is doing their best to blame everything on the red shirts, so for the army to come out and actually admit something must mean that there's really no doubt.

Of course it was friendly fire in the confusion. That was known ages ago as was AlJazeera rerporting reds were armed and fring at troops. Not very effectively it seems

Anyway how will things seem down the red rally cut off and and having suffered several reversals and being surrounded by a hostile population? That is the real question

not a good idea for this time since most of the employees depend on their income to make a living. Not only them, also their relatives and friends. Once powerful worker Unions are established it could be an option, but people need to be compensated which only well organized Unions can provide. From the people for the people. Thailand would see a new light, brighter than ever before.

And all this on the day after the government played the equivalent of the race card...(dramatic music, drums rolling)... it's all a big plot to overthrow the monarchy...involving just about every single one person whose politics are not the same as those making the accusations, including the whole of the opposition party (see the big pie chart, afraid I don't have a link but it is from BPundit). At least it got a positive that he was not jumping ship yet, or was he, from that white than white Ghandi figure himself, Khun Newin Chidchob.

And today we have the grenades pulled out the old store cupboard to explain away what is another bad day at the office in which on the first day that live bullets have been officially allowed, the security forces have managed to to take out one their own..(source just about every news outlet going). The grenades were abandoned in a motorbike (all of them), we didn't catch the culprit, it made us nervous that the protestors were angry or there were chaps there of ill-intention, so we decided to call it quits for the day and no, anyone that suggests it was chaos, well that's not fair, it was because of these things here that our chaps gave their usual impression that they could find the old proverbial with two hands...

For all I know all of this is right and true and fair but after the third force, the terrorists, Hitler, the cancer, I am full, im laew, enough, please. I almost appreciate the Reds for just saying they hate the govenemnt, period in a hundred different ways but at least it's consistent.

And before I get the obvious, of course I regret the loss of life.

And that my friends is also maybe a response that comes when the media in country is controlled out of oblivion by the government of the day and yes it was worse under Thaksin.

Edited by danc

More blood on the Red's hands.

Your sumit else mate

the military guy shot in the head was by friendly fire let me spell that out for you

that means he was shot by his own men not red shirts

Now, how in hel_l's name would you know that? There have been grenades going off constantly in places only the red shirts would have a reason to target, there are photos of red guards carrying weapons, there are red leaders like Sa Daeng and others making explicit statements that the reds are willing to use violent means and yet there are still people claiming that the reds are peaceful and unarmed, like the ridiculous statement above. Sumit else indeed, mate!

Edited by charmonman

And all this on the day after the government played the equivalent of the race card...(dramatic music, drums rolling)... it's all a big plot to overthrow the monarchy...involving just about every single one person whose politics are not the same as those making the accusations, including the whole of the opposition party (see the big pie chart, afraid I don't have a link but it is from BPundit). At least it got a positive that he was not jumping ship yet, or was he, from that white than white Ghandi figure himself, Khun Newin Chidchob.

And today we have the grenades pulled out the old store cupboard to explain away what is another bad day at the office in which on the first day that live bullets have been officially allowed, the security forces have managed to to take out one their own..(source just about every news outlet going). The grenades were abandoned in a motorbike (all of them), we didn't catch the culprit, it made us nervous that the protestors were angry or there were chaps there of ill-intention, so we decided to call it quits for the day and no, anyone that suggests it was chaos, well that's not fair, it was because of these things here that our chaps gave their usual impression that they could find the old proverbial with two hands...

For all I know all of this is right and true and fair but after the third force, the terrorists, Hitler, the cancer, I am full, im laew, enough, please. I almost appreciate the Reds for just saying they hate the govenemnt, period in a hundred different ways but at least it's consistent.

And that my friends is also maybe a response that comes when the media in country is controlled out of oblivion by the government of the day and yes it was worse under Thaksin.

Here is the chart:

4556064196_24b5cbfab3_o.jpg

Edited by deadsnoopy

I think a little bit different, because Khwanchai was LEADING his troops to the barricades and he said if they try to stop us, WE will brake throw.

Great post...thank you for this on what I'm afraid will turn out to be a terrible night

R.I.P. it's so saddening

Of course it was friendly fire in the confusion. That was known ages ago as was AlJazeera rerporting reds were armed and fring at troops. Not very effectively it seems

Anyway how will things seem down the red rally cut off and and having suffered several reversals and being surrounded by a hostile population? That is the real question

Why I don't believe it was a friendly fire?

Simply, when they were mistaken for red suspects there would have been a rain of bullets coming to the bikes and not just a few selected single shots. Which would have killed or wounded more.

More blood on the Red's hands.

Your sumit else mate

the military guy shot in the head was by friendly fire let me spell that out for you

that means he was shot by his own men not red shirts

Now, how in hel_l's name would you know that? There have been grenades going off constantly in places only the red shirts would have a reason to target, there are photos of red guards carrying weapons, there are red leaders like Sa Daeng and others making explicit statements that the reds are willing to use violent means and yet there are still people claiming that the reds are peaceful and unarmed, like the ridiculous statement above. Sumit else indeed, mate!

Nobody ever addresses this apart form to say there is no evidence to prove it.

A question for you.... If Abhisit is legally the PM why does the worlds media doubt it?In every article or interview with Abhisit it is raised as an issue. When he is asked about it he looks very uncomfortable. Are the world's media all wrong and you and the Nation right?

Abhisit truthfully and ..smoothly answered that question of coalition today to the appalling Christiane Amanapour on CNN ( Childrens Network News).  

This red herring has been thrown to ..and swallowed by the duped proletariat and their 'Fallow' travellers here on ThaiVisa as crude misdirection which is repeatedly regurgitated ad nauseum.

I can't expect better from the average ThaiVisa post'er whilst they still tout this laughable tired canard they are failing woefully to get their game up.

Abhisit by a landslide !

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha  :)

If you don't believe that there are people trying to overthrow the monarchy among the reds, I suggest you check out the red publications which constantly carry articles about the overthrow of various monarchy's such as Russia's in 1917, Nepal's more recently, the French Revolution and so forth. Please explain what THAT is all about?

I have assumed this to be the case but when did the army confirm this? Do you know if it was army friendly fire or from police? My guess is an accident but wouldn't be surprised if in the heat of things a soldier could be mistaken for a red since I saw many today wearing military fatigues.

Interesting too for any that want to believe this is some kind of civil war because the rules of war make it clear you need to have an identifiable uniform. In actual war you can be shot as a spy for not having on your uniform while performing duties or if trying to pretend to be a civilian or wearing the uniform of the other side. By taking off their red shirts and continuing to pursue illegal and violent acts against the people of Thailand and those empowered to protect ... it would seem to me they are defining themselves as terrorists and getting away from just having terrorists within their group.

Edited by jcbangkok

A question for you.... If Abhisit is legally the PM why does the worlds media doubt it?In every article or interview with Abhisit it is raised as an issue. When he is asked about it he looks very uncomfortable. Are the world's media all wrong and you and the Nation right?

Abhisit truthfully and ..smoothly answered that question of coalition today to the appalling Christiane Amanapour on CNN ( Childrens Network News).

This red herring has been thrown to ..and swallowed by the duped proletariat and their 'Fallow' travellers here on ThaiVisa as crude misdirection which is repeatedly regurgitated ad nauseum.

I can't expect better from the average ThaiVisa post'er whilst they still tout this laughable tired canard they are failing woefully to get their game up.

Abhisit by a landslide !

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :)

I'm wondering ...assuming that the Democrats will be dissolved by the constitution court, won't Puea Thai automatically have the majority in the house? Since the Democrats will be banned from politics and their MP seats taken away.