Thai Forces Fire Warning Shots In Standoff With Red Shirts

webfact

By taking off their red shirts and continuing to pursue illegal and violent acts against the people of Thailand and those empowered to protect ... it would seem to me they are defining themselves as terrorists and getting away from just having terrorists within their group.

Taking off red shirts = automatically become terrorists? Where did you get that logic from?

Either you're a terrorist or you're not. A red shirt doesn't make you a terrorist, and a terrorist can wear any shirt he wants.

I think by taking off the red shirts, they want to make themselves less vulnerable to army attacks. Because the army won't know if they're shooting at a government supporter or at a UDD supporter.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question for you.... If Abhisit is legally the PM why does the worlds media doubt it?In every article or interview with Abhisit it is raised as an issue. When he is asked about it he looks very uncomfortable. Are the world's media all wrong and you and the Nation right?

Abhisit truthfully and ..smoothly answered that question of coalition today to the appalling Christiane Amanapour on CNN ( Childrens Network News).

This red herring has been thrown to ..and swallowed by the duped proletariat and their 'Fallow' travellers here on ThaiVisa as crude misdirection which is repeatedly regurgitated ad nauseum.

I can't expect better from the average ThaiVisa post'er whilst they still tout this laughable tired canard they are failing woefully to get their game up.

Abhisit by a landslide !

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :)

I am with you on this one. I have thought Christiane Amanpour is an appallingly bad journalist for some time now, and her interview with Abhisit proved it. CNN is a pathetic excuse for a news network (though not as awful as FOX). Everything on seems to be more about their celebrity journalists than the actual news.

And all this on the day after the government played the equivalent of the race card...(dramatic music, drums rolling)... it's all a big plot to overthrow the monarchy...involving just about every single one person whose politics are not the same as those making the accusations, including the whole of the opposition party (see the big pie chart, afraid I don't have a link but it is from BPundit). At least it got a positive that he was not jumping ship yet, or was he, from that white than white Ghandi figure himself, Khun Newin Chidchob.

And today we have the grenades pulled out the old store cupboard to explain away what is another bad day at the office in which on the first day that live bullets have been officially allowed, the security forces have managed to to take out one their own..(source just about every news outlet going). The grenades were abandoned in a motorbike (all of them), we didn't catch the culprit, it made us nervous that the protestors were angry or there were chaps there of ill-intention, so we decided to call it quits for the day and no, anyone that suggests it was chaos, well that's not fair, it was because of these things here that our chaps gave their usual impression that they could find the old proverbial with two hands...

For all I know all of this is right and true and fair but after the third force, the terrorists, Hitler, the cancer, I am full, im laew, enough, please. I almost appreciate the Reds for just saying they hate the govenemnt, period in a hundred different ways but at least it's consistent.

And before I get the obvious, of course I regret the loss of life.

And that my friends is also maybe a response that comes when the media in country is controlled out of oblivion by the government of the day and yes it was worse under Thaksin.

Here is the chart:

4556064196_24b5cbfab3_o.jpg

All it shows is the connections between PTP and UDD and not much more. Thought it does resemble some of the diagrams from the movie A Beautiful Mind.

It's decrepit and pathetic to pull out the old LM charges against all here and to go the time (dis)honored route of claiming a conspiracy in action. Abhisit should be ashamed of himself. So should the Democrat Party. Not much more can be said without getting into trouble.

What a lot miss is what today was about. Earlier in the week the reds had a chaeckpoint at the main entry point to BKK from the north and NE. It was busted up by the military. This is a strategic entry and whoever controls it controls how the reds will enter BKK or not as it is the main entry poiunt for them. Today after the defeat of loosing it Khwanchai and a load of armed (according to Al Jazeera) guards set off to retake it. After that loads of drama but what people miss is the failed to take it. However, the big question is what next? Will they pull the blackshirts out to try and make up for this defeat? O rwill they sit aropund their redoubt which is sensible but defies the logic of Thai politics about you must always be seen as a macho hard winner. Difficult times for the reds

I am with you on this one. I have thought Christiane Amanpour is an appallingly bad journalist for some time now, and her interview with Abhisit proved it. CNN is a pathetic excuse for a news network (though not as awful as FOX). Everything on seems to be more about their celebrity journalists than the actual news.

They should organize a live conference with Larry King, at least he knows how to ask tough questions.

More blood on the Red's hands.

Your sumit else mate

the military guy shot in the head was by friendly fire let me spell that out for you

that means he was shot by his own men not red shirts

Now, how in hel_l's name would you know that? There have been grenades going off constantly in places only the red shirts would have a reason to target, there are photos of red guards carrying weapons, there are red leaders like Sa Daeng and others making explicit statements that the reds are willing to use violent means and yet there are still people claiming that the reds are peaceful and unarmed, like the ridiculous statement above. Sumit else indeed, mate!

Why dont you read the whole Ffin thread before posting u dick its already been covered in the thread this is not even questioned right now and is an accepted fact.

If in fact it was friendly fire it doesn't change the point I'm making that there is plenty of reason to believe that the reds are perfectly willing to use violent means and are, in fact, armed. Also, I may resort to sarcasm in my posts, but I try to stay away from crass personal insults of people I've never even met. You might want to do the same.

A question for you.... If Abhisit is legally the PM why does the worlds media doubt it?In every article or interview with Abhisit it is raised as an issue. When he is asked about it he looks very uncomfortable. Are the world's media all wrong and you and the Nation right?

Abhisit truthfully and ..smoothly answered that question of coalition today to the appalling Christiane Amanapour on CNN ( Childrens Network News).

This red herring has been thrown to ..and swallowed by the duped proletariat and their 'Fallow' travellers here on ThaiVisa as crude misdirection which is repeatedly regurgitated ad nauseum.

I can't expect better from the average ThaiVisa post'er whilst they still tout this laughable tired canard they are failing woefully to get their game up.

Abhisit by a landslide !

I'm wondering ...assuming that the Democrats will be dissolved by the constitution court, won't Puea Thai automatically have the majority in the house? Since the Democrats will be banned from politics and their MP seats taken away.

the party will be banned and some of the leaders maybe. Rest will form New democrates, same like PPP transformed inte PTP

They should organize a live conference with Larry King, at least he knows how to ask tough questions.

You won't ever see Abhisit on Larry King. Far too many challening and quick questions there. The army guys behind the camera won't have a chance to hold up the answers for Abhisit in time.

Look where PTP are on that schematic of anti stuff. If anyone thinks it was the Dems who thought that up they are on serious drugs. This gives a hint. Oh plus if Newin came off the fence does anyone actually think he would choose the side that was about to lose?

Abhisit by a landslide !

I'm wondering ...assuming that the Democrats will be dissolved by the constitution court, won't Puea Thai automatically have the majority in the house? Since the Democrats will be banned from politics and their MP seats taken away.

What a lot miss is what today was about. Earlier in the week the reds had a chaeckpoint at the main entry point to BKK from the north and NE. It was busted up by the military. This is a strategic entry and whoever controls it controls how the reds will enter BKK or not as it is the main entry poiunt for them. Today after the defeat of loosing it Khwanchai and a load of armed (according to Al Jazeera) guards set off to retake it. After that loads of drama but what people miss is the failed to take it. However, the big question is what next? Will they pull the blackshirts out to try and make up for this defeat? O rwill they sit aropund their redoubt which is sensible but defies the logic of Thai politics about you must always be seen as a macho hard winner. Difficult times for the reds

What's next? PAD will be following their scripts. It's all planned and thought through.

I just pissed myself

You won't ever see Abhisit on Larry King. Far too many challening and quick questions there. The army guys behind the camera won't have a chance to hold up the answers for Abhisit in time.

:):D :D so true

I just pissed myself again. Who is worried about Larry King he has not asked an incisive questiojn in his entire life

And all this on the day after the government played the equivalent of the race card...(dramatic music, drums rolling)... it's all a big plot to overthrow the monarchy...involving just about every single one person whose politics are not the same as those making the accusations, including the whole of the opposition party (see the big pie chart, afraid I don't have a link but it is from BPundit). At least it got a positive that he was not jumping ship yet, or was he, from that white than white Ghandi figure himself, Khun Newin Chidchob.

And today we have the grenades pulled out the old store cupboard to explain away what is another bad day at the office in which on the first day that live bullets have been officially allowed, the security forces have managed to to take out one their own..(source just about every news outlet going). The grenades were abandoned in a motorbike (all of them), we didn't catch the culprit, it made us nervous that the protestors were angry or there were chaps there of ill-intention, so we decided to call it quits for the day and no, anyone that suggests it was chaos, well that's not fair, it was because of these things here that our chaps gave their usual impression that they could find the old proverbial with two hands...

For all I know all of this is right and true and fair but after the third force, the terrorists, Hitler, the cancer, I am full, im laew, enough, please. I almost appreciate the Reds for just saying they hate the govenemnt, period in a hundred different ways but at least it's consistent.

And that my friends is also maybe a response that comes when the media in country is controlled out of oblivion by the government of the day and yes it was worse under Thaksin.

true friend. 7 week only thais can see propoganda from government and army. 7 weeks it get worse every daily :)

threat to monarchy card not work and nobody notice it they say. thais know propoganda and army men sit on tv now look to me scare and not sure

By taking off their red shirts and continuing to pursue illegal and violent acts against the people of Thailand and those empowered to protect ... it would seem to me they are defining themselves as terrorists and getting away from just having terrorists within their group.

Taking off red shirts = automatically become terrorists? Where did you get that logic from?

Either you're a terrorist or you're not. A red shirt doesn't make you a terrorist, and a terrorist can wear any shirt he wants.

I think by taking off the red shirts, they want to make themselves less vulnerable to army attacks. Because the army won't know if they're shooting at a government supporter or at a UDD supporter.

And it makes all the regular people less safe since the soldiers can't tell who isn't part of the mayhem. I suppose anyone standing 30 feet from a line of riot police taunting them should be considered a member of the protest group.

More blood on the Red's hands.

Your sumit else mate

the military guy shot in the head was by friendly fire let me spell that out for you

that means he was shot by his own men not red shirts

Now, how in hel_l's name would you know that? There have been grenades going off constantly in places only the red shirts would have a reason to target, there are photos of red guards carrying weapons, there are red leaders like Sa Daeng and others making explicit statements that the reds are willing to use violent means and yet there are still people claiming that the reds are peaceful and unarmed, like the ridiculous statement above. Sumit else indeed, mate!

Nobody ever addresses this apart form to say there is no evidence to prove it.

Not only do the reds have the means and motives they have also made clear their intentions to bring violence. Since they have come to town the bombs have been going off all over BKK. There have been acts of sabotage all over the place which is solely directed at their enemies or to benefit them. No mystery attacks every happen against the reds and if it was an outside group set on destroying the gov't then you can be dam_n sure there would be attacks against the reds. And it is just idiotic to think it is the gov't hurting themselves when they have the power and legal authority to move on the reds not just from the emergency decree but also the courts as well as a large portion of the population actually demanding they do. Not only is the gov't not moving on the reds, for many weeks they gave them a wide birth to break the law and didn't attempt to real them in at all. Even now after it is VERY VERY clear they are armed and dangerous and have ill intentions the government is still being beyond patient with them to avoid losses of life and injury.

It is just mind boggling the folks here who disbelieve anything that doesn't fit their views including believe there was some grand conspiracy between numerous police and military regarding this grenade discovery. Yet, the gov't is not accusing the reds of it and still maintain there are terrorists who have infiltrated the reds ranks and some have actually come the military. USE YOUR dam_n HEADS, if they wanted to move on the reds they could and you know dam_n well the reds would fight back and the military could wipe them from the face of the earth (to use a red leader phrase) and film it all to show how they attacked and disobeyed every lawful chance to leave the area of BKK they are holding hostage. The gov't and army could easily be laying blame on the red shirts for all the violent acts (because it is logical it is them) but they have not.

I just pissed myself again. Who is worried about Larry King he has not asked an incisive questiojn in his entire life

The questions might not be challenging to us, but they are for some people. So they go on scripted Amanpour instead. BBC's Hard Talk already proved too tough today. I'm sure that answer about it being "up to the army" and not up to the PM to implement martial law wasn't scripted.

And it makes all the regular people less safe since the soldiers can't tell who isn't part of the mayhem. I suppose anyone standing 30 feet from a line of riot police taunting them should be considered a member of the protest group.

At that point who cares if they are a protester or not .. they are simply a threat.

Exactly. Oh if we could only have elections, then the Thai people could (once again) choose who they want and everyone can get on with their lives. Until the next army coup, shortly followed after, that is.

I'm just amazed how many people get killed or injured whenever "Warning" shots get fired. Who trains these guys?

If they stop warning and start shooting to kill you'll be even more amazed. Hopefully and moderate reds will see the writing on the wall and beat it like Michael Jackson. I know that no one wants to be defeated, but sometimes you should beat it.

Abhisit on BBC now.

He is getting grilled.

He is so scripted that he is answering questions before he is asked the questions. Biggest mistake, he is trying to state that the situation is getting BETTER in comparison with a month ago.

I truly like the guy, but this interview is not going well now.

So what you're saying is that now the army doesn't know who to shoot because they don't have a red shirt on? :)

There is a reason why there is a forum rule about editing posts you are responding to. Had you not edited my post, you would be able to answer your questions.

I'm a little sick of hearing the redshirts this and the redshirts that. This is democracy in motion. If a ruling party refuses to openly compromise then the outcome can be violent. People here are passionate about their country. I admire them for that. They are willing to give their life for what they believe in. You whiners that think your opinion matters are just adding to the problem. The Thai people have a leader they believe is illegitimate and they are acting as such.

Many years ago our countries did the same thing the Thai are doing now. GIVE THEM SOME SLACK!!! Your opinion as a farang means nothing but your trivial rhetoric may create discontent that isn't needed. We are bystanders. Pay some respect and allow the process to come to it's conclusion. It is coming soon. I believe we will have a better country that we are visiting than the one that exists now.

I couldn't agree with you more - and before the rest of you start with your nonsense about my maiden posting let me say that I have been reading this website for a considerable time and been appalled by the political naivete (and the grammar/spelling) of an apparently European/American/Australian website. I am not in any way an expert in Thai politics or history but it is obvious that we are witnessing a similar uprising (led by equally suspect demagogues) to that in Tsarist Russia where the people merely wanted a more equal society and the Bolsheviks claimed to want social revolution. Everyone knows how the Russian experiment with Socialism failed because of the corrupt politicians that too little democracy allows; what I believe could happen in Thailand is that somewhere down the line when the people realise that most politicians are not really interested in their concerns then they will wake up to the idea that universal suffrage means that they have a right to choose. At that point, as in our older democracies and with the same failings, a new political movement may arise led by a new generation of honest men and women of genuine conviction and integrity.

If you don't believe that there are people trying to overthrow the monarchy among the reds, I suggest you check out the red publications which constantly carry articles about the overthrow of various monarchy's such as Russia's in 1917, Nepal's more recently, the French Revolution and so forth. Please explain what THAT is all about?

Precisely!

There is a reason why there is a forum rule about editing posts you are responding to. Had you not edited my post, you would be able to answer your questions.

I didn't modify your post in any way. It's a direct quote from your post. Anyone can go back in your post history and look it up themselves.

I'm a little sick of hearing the redshirts this and the redshirts that. This is democracy in motion. If a ruling party refuses to openly compromise then the outcome can be violent. People here are passionate about their country. I admire them for that. They are willing to give their life for what they believe in. You whiners that think your opinion matters are just adding to the problem. The Thai people have a leader they believe is illegitimate and they are acting as such.

Many years ago our countries did the same thing the Thai are doing now. GIVE THEM SOME SLACK!!! Your opinion as a farang means nothing but your trivial rhetoric may create discontent that isn't needed. We are bystanders. Pay some respect and allow the process to come to it's conclusion. It is coming soon. I believe we will have a better country that we are visiting than the one that exists now.

I couldn't agree with you more - and before the rest of you start with your nonsense about my maiden posting let me say that I have been reading this website for a considerable time and been appalled by the political naivete (and the grammar/spelling) of an apparently European/American/Australian website. I am not in any way an expert in Thai politics or history but it is obvious that we are witnessing a similar uprising (led by equally suspect demagogues) to that in Tsarist Russia where the people merely wanted a more equal society and the Bolsheviks claimed to want social revolution. Everyone knows how the Russian experiment with Socialism failed because of the corrupt politicians that too little democracy allows; what I believe could happen in Thailand is that somewhere down the line when the people realise that most politicians are not really interested in their concerns then they will wake up to the idea that universal suffrage means that they have a right to choose. At that point, as in our older democracies and with the same failings, a new political movement may arise led by a new generation of honest men and women of genuine conviction and integrity.

Words of wisdom from the Maiden poster. :)

Both BBC and CNN have said that the soldier that died was shot from behind in the head by police forces.

A BBC reporter is stating that it "appears" a soldier died from friendly fire. That assumption is not supported by any facts. Until something is proven it still could be from either side.

Time for CSI Bangkok............

I'm just amazed how many people get killed or injured whenever "Warning" shots get fired. Who trains these guys?

Maybe they should get Xe [mercs formally known as Blackwater] in to train them.

Either that or orthopedic surgeon to transplant some spines into the invertebrates that ostensibly lead this country.

The only time they have shown 'resolve' was Thammasat and that is not exactly something to carry as a battle honour.

The Reds are having a laugh and have continuously shown tactical cunning

with a determination and a command & control of their 'forces' that puts the government to shame.

Mores the pity.

Rouge Out

Edited by ChemiseRouge