How Long To Drive From Pattaya To Phuket

Zstarx

i always use the formula 60 kph to calculate the amount of time required to travel a certain distance in thailand, therefore from pattaya to phuket it would take approximately 16 hours.

i used to travel between bangkok & phuket often on long weekends, sure you can put your foot down but not forever, besides the road narrows just after surat thani and then you will be travelling over hilly terrain along narrow roads. remember you need to stop for petrol, pee & protein! plus rains will hamper your visibility and the speed will drop drastically when their are heavy trucks enroute.

but otherwise it's an enjoyable drive, i prefer the ranong route, stop off for a spa & coffee or even spend the night.

have a safe trip.

Depends on the Car, if you drive a Ferrari it may take less time then in a Cherry. Also if you drive with the Missus and she gives you directions it may take much longer then if you use a GPS. But that should be common knowledge. :)

sadly i've never had the opportunity to drive a ferrari and thank god never a cherry :) though i have driven from bangkok to hua hin in 1 hour and 30 minutes, and have a tendency to drive fast nonstop, i will still stick to the 60 kph rule.

just did it last week... Needed exactly 12 hours. Cruise control on 140 and two longer breaks. Roads are pretty good and 4 lanes most of the way. Some construction after Surat but otherwise smooth driving.

just did it last week... Needed exactly 12 hours. Cruise control on 140 and two longer breaks. Roads are pretty good and 4 lanes most of the way. Some construction after Surat but otherwise smooth driving.

It's about 1000 Km, so anywhere from 10-14 hours depending on speed, getting through BKK and stops along the way.

:) BKK you can avoid, go out of highway 7 by airport and take Bang Na direction to new highway (also outer ring 9) and so you cut BKK on the hig of Samut Prakan and join in before Samut Sakhon the new highway to Hua Hin - Chumphon.

I would allow 1.5 - 2 hours to drive to BKK, stay on the Tollway and allow another 8 - 11 hours to get to Phuket, if you stay on the main highway and not go down the Ranong Costal Road.

just did it last week... Needed exactly 12 hours. Cruise control on 140 and two longer breaks. Roads are pretty good and 4 lanes most of the way.

Agreed...I did it about a year ago and took exactly 13 hours (at about 100 kph) , with about a 30 minute lunch break somewhere around Chumpon. Roads were in good condition but did get a little confused near Phang Nga and took a little longer route than necessary.

Some great highways coming back too...found a brand new stretch of four lanes each was and dead straight that you could really put the peddle to the metal!

South of Surat Thani follow the signs for Krabi and take route 44 seperate carriageways N&S bound - hardly any traffic so you can put the hammer down. At the end you meet the Krabi/Phuket Road (right turn) and from there on it's well signposted. Did the run last weekend but onward to Korat and we avaraged 100Kms. ph. My mate does Phuket Pattaya in 12 hrs.

Good luck and safe driving mate!

micaw60

Edited by micaw60