Australia Network Piss Me Off

kabal1234

Not showing the game of the round on Sunday between Carlton and Collingwood and instead we get Freo vs WCE. <deleted>?

How do these fools pick games?

Now all the streams (justin.tv etc) have been blocked, there appears no way to catch this game.

If you're an AFL lover, please go to the Australia Network website and send them an email complaining.

thanks

Moved to Pub forum.

It is maybe because in Australia you get saturated with everything collingwood and that is why we left. Over here you do not hear collingwood this and collingwood that. As a Saints man I would rather watch freo/west coast than a game involving collingwood.

p.s there is an Aust Rules topic running.

yeah nah, i'm not saying collingwood should be shown specifically, i'm saying the best match of the day/round should be shown. wce have 1 win for the season in 13 spot. carl and coll should be a cracking game.... both in form.

Hope they didn't ignore an NRL game just to show that crap!

NRL a minor code does not even have a big following in Australia and only played in two areas. Afl is the National game and played right across the country.

The only game you're guaranteed to get is the Friday

night one. The other's seem to be a bit of a lottery.

I don't know how they program, I think a lot has to

do with the different times in differents states though.

For me, I'm just grateful we get any games at all.

BTW, I'm an Eagles supporter and wish we were getting

another game as I'm not looking forward to the pain :)

Regards

Will

You might just enjoy this one Will - I have a feeling the Eags will be up for this one!

BTW - I am a WC supporter too.

Back on topic - just be thankful you can get Australia Network - I've just moved to a new place and there's no clear line to the required satellite! And none of the cable companies are here yet (Kallaprapreuk Road). Doh!

You might just enjoy this one Will - I have a feeling the Eags will be up for this one!

BTW - I am a WC supporter too.

Back on topic - just be thankful you can get Australia Network - I've just moved to a new place and there's no clear line to the required satellite! And none of the cable companies are here yet (Kallaprapreuk Road). Doh!

I hope so mate.

I've got a feeling I'm gonna be in a world of pain though.

Will

Not showing the game of the round on Sunday between Carlton and Collingwood and instead we get Freo vs WCE. <deleted>?

Now all the streams (justin.tv etc) have been blocked, there appears no way to catch this game.

If you're an AFL lover, please go to the Australia Network website and send them an email complaining.

thanks

"Let's see, let's complain about a FREE service provided by

Australia for lovers of the game."

Just be happy that you get any games at all.

Regards

Will

thanks

Regards

Will

It is not a free service. As my local Dynasat man informed me The Australian network is the most expensive channel they provide it costs them huge money for the rights, that is why it costs me 16,000 baht per year and they give me the BBC for free. PAS 8 is the only satelitte channel I get that's the BBC and Australian network.

thanks

Regards

Will

It is not a free service. As my local Dynasat man informed me The Australian network is the most expensive channel they provide it costs them huge money for the rights, that is why it costs me 16,000 baht per year and they give me the BBC for free. PAS 8 is the only satelitte channel I get that's the BBC and Australian network.

I think it is a free to air service.

Apart from the initial outlay for set up.

It may not be free if you subscribe through

a broadcaster

I have it set up and there are no ongoing fees.

Regards

Will

Australia Network is a free to air service and, on request, they will courier you at no cost a Smart Card to enable the encrypted Rugby broadcasts to be watched. The catch is that many brands of decoders are unable to read it. They will also supply this card to cable providers. True Visions could supply this channel at no cost to themselves (apart from a decoder) but told me "there is no interest". ESPN are also now showing a delayed broadcast of a complete AFL game each week.

• 2 months later...

Its funded by the Australian government and is free to all. No one has any interest in getting it from True because they're all getting it through other means! Its in every hotel in Thailand <deleted>.....

Beware if you're a rugby fan and paying the 16k to get a box to watch rugby next year as the rights have all gone to Setanta for Asia who are 'looking for a broadcast partner'....... which also explains why Australia Network have been ramping up the coverage of Australia's most watched sport (NRL) ...haha