Good 5-port Gigabit Switch?

Crushdepth

I need to replace a couple of 5-port gigabit switches, anyone got suggestions for a good/reliable model?

I am replacing two Linksys SD2005 switches, both of which have died. There's a lot of comments on Amazon that these switches overheat and fry inside / start malfunctioning after a few months, which is consistent with my experience with them. Kind of suprised how bad they are, my first negative experience with Linksys stuff.

I use Belkin megabit 5 port switch... gets a little warm (like everything else in Thailand) but works very well. I do not know if they have it for sale in Thailand (bought it in Belgium on last visit home). I have seen Belkin start to have products in Thailand. Maybe in Phanthip.

Well I ended up getting the 5 port 3com switch. Seems to run a lot cooler than the Linksys. Seems just fine, not that I expected any problems.

By the way, I noticed the Linksys SD2005 is still on sale everywhere but now branded as Cisco. Just looks like a new box and case, but model number is the same. Absolutely do not buy it. There's also a SD2008 8-port model that apparently has the same problem.

Edited by Crushdepth

The Old Linksys used to be great and the products were really reliable, since they were bought out, the quality has really gone way down hill. I bought a Cisco/Linksys ADSL Router and the DSL line and WiFi would cutout constantly. Waited close to a year for a firmware fix which was never delivered. Went with a D-LINK instead and has been rock solid since day one. Would NOT recommend any Cisco/Linksys products to anyone.

The technology of Linksys is still the same. Cisco bought Linksys to have a part of the end-consumer market. Linksys hitchhikes along on the Cisco brand name.

But that's all there is to it. Technology and development are still different, and of course so is pricing.