Bill Gates To Visit Thailand Late This Month

george

Microsoft founder to visit Thailand late this month

BANGKOK: -- Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates is scheduled to visit Thailand on 30 June to sign three memorandums of agreement (MOA) with key ministries on the information technology development

Kanawat Vasinsangvorn, Vice Minister of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT), disclosed the Microsoft founder would meet Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra during the visit and inked the three memorandums.

Included are agreements in education activities with the Education Ministry, promotion of the e-government project with the ICT Ministry, and development of web services.

The agreements, if implemented, would help develop IT skills of 20,000 teachers and 60,000 students and upgrade local software developers.

On the so-called “Smart Card” project, he said, the ministry was in a process of finding a central function unit to examine the performance of the smart card.

Previously, the National Electronic and Computer Technology Center had questioned the efficiency of the smart card, saying it was not suitable to the multi-application function.

--TNA 2005-06-07

Microsoft founder to visit Thailand late this month 

BANGKOK: --  Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates is scheduled to visit Thailand on 30 June to sign three memorandums of agreement (MOA) with key ministries on the information technology development

Kanawat Vasinsangvorn, Vice Minister of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT), disclosed the Microsoft founder would meet Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra during the visit and inked the three memorandums.

Included are agreements in education activities with the Education Ministry, promotion of the e-government project with the ICT Ministry, and development of web services.

The agreements, if implemented, would help develop IT skills of 20,000 teachers and 60,000 students and upgrade local software developers.     

On the so-called “Smart Card” project, he said, the ministry was in a process of finding a central function unit to examine the performance of the smart card.

Previously, the National Electronic and Computer Technology Center had questioned the efficiency of the smart card, saying it was not suitable to the multi-application function.

--TNA 2005-06-07

Time for yet another crackdown in Printip centre?

Does he still fly economy class, or is that long since over (with the '80s)

Probably takes the jump seat on a UPS cargo flight.

Booked on priceline.

He probably teleports.... he has the technology you know... :o

totster :D

Oh, if I could only meet that SOB face to face, just once. I have already smashed 2 keyboards and cursed him and his Windows XP (professional) until I was hoarse. :D

Several times, after laboring on some lengthy work, using Microsoft Word Processor, I was politely informed that: "Windows has encountered an unexplained error and will be shut down. Sorry for any inconvenience". :D "Do you wish to send a report of this to Microsoft "? :D (No, I don't, but a letter bomb loaded with dog sh*** would to fine.) And no, he is not flying cheapo class any more. According to some of my ex pilot friends in the US he did buy an airplane. God, I would hate to be his pilot. According what I heard, on a recent trip the crew was told at the last minute to add some more CokaCola to the galley. What the crew did was to empty the Coke machine at the airport. When Bill noticed that those were cans and not bottles he became infuriated because the cans did cost One Dollar a pop versus 80 Cents per quart from a store.

Greetings the ol Capt'n, happily retired and not having to put up with people like him. (as well as Senators Ted Kennedy, Lautenberg, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp and all the other n'ear do wells who think that their sh*** doesn't stink)

PS. Robert Redford still owes me $ 8 bucks for phone calls he made on my "personal" cell phone. :D

:D