Value Added Tax Return (vat)

My apartment alone is 2,000 baht per month for VAT. They give me a monthly receipt noting VAT charge. I am also saving all receipts of other kind from Groceries to shopping at the malls that note VAT charge.

I was told I needed at least 5,000 baht worth of Vat to meet the requirement for return of VAT when I leave Thailand.

I will be here about a year and I will easily have over 15,000 Baht in VAT charges.

My questions are to anyone who has anyone received VAT back??

Do I need any special forms to list all VAT.

This is all done at the Airport before you leave --CORRECT ??

How much time should I give myself before boarding Flight back to take car of this.

Are all receipts noting Vat charge accepted if total is more than 5,000 baht??

Thanks for any help

What about Medicine. I am on a special cancer medication. 275,0000 baht for 6 months. I buy in Thailand. I pay vat on this. It Vat retrievable for this ????

As far as I understand it you have to be here on a Tourist visa & spend not longer than 60days in the country on any one visit to be eligible for any refund.

Hi there,

In order to obtain a VAT refund you must purchase goods from companies that participate in the VAT Refund program. Not all do. For example, if you purchase an SLR from Big Camera, they will have you complete a form on which you enter your passport information. They stamp it and you present this form at the Customs office at the airport.

The process takes only about 10-15 minutes. Obviously it can take longer if there's a long line.