Ageism Is Rife In Thailand

hellyes2oo2

Ageism is rife here in Thailand. I have run bars for almost 30 years, but whenever I apply for a post in Thailand everything goes well until they ask me my age (i'm 56 years old).Employers here think that only young people can run bars, but hey wake up even older people can do it. I have 3 regional "Bar of the Year" awards, and I would back my marketing skills against any of todays youngsters.I have experience in dealing with people of all ages,and people of all nationalities. Why do employers think that only young people have ideas on how to run bars.And the other thing that I offer to employers is, Stability,reliability, and continuity.At my age I am not motivated by money,I do not consider what I do as work, it is for me a way of life.So if you want an experienced manager just PM me. Sorry for rambling on, but I get so upset when people think that old, is past it.

Every ~ism is rife in Thailand. Happily, judging by your experiences, I still have about 10 years left in me before the knacker's yard. (Mind you I don't run a pub- anymore).

Good luck in your search. :)