Education Visa Issued But Confused....

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I have some questions regarding an Education Visa. I have read the visa section here and questioned the Thai consulate in Sydney regarding the following questions without definitive answers :-) subsequently im still confused.. hoping that someone here can tell me exactly what i need to do:

OK, I received my letter of acceptance from the university in Bangkok and applied for a multiple entry non-immigrant education visa at the Thai Consulate Sydney. The visa was issued on 15/4//2010 and says to "enter before 15/4/2011" The type of visa says "non-immigrant" and the category of visa says "ED", no of entry is "M" - mulitple...

I was originally informed by consulate that my visa would only be valid for 3 months ie.for entry within 3 months of issue date, but now the consulate says its valid for multiply entries anytime up to 15/04/11?? What's correct? Im not really sure what processes i need to follow to keep this visa current and legal once in Thailand?

So my questions are:

1) If the consulate in Australia has issued a 1 year multiple entry ED visa, do i need to convert this visa to a different type of visa once in Thailand? Or is this the only visa I will need?

2) The visa is for multiple entry, do I still have to get a re-entry permit each time i leave thailand in that 1 year period?

3) On arrival, I will enter Thailand for 3 days and then do a side trip for vacation to philippines before returning to Thailand to commence study..will this trip affect my visa in anyway and will i need to organise a re-entry permit for this?

4) Is it the case that the visa I already have is valid for 12 months study and all I have to do is report every 90 days to the local immigration office?

As you can see Im not at all on top of this ed visa process so a well informed answer would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in Advance - D

The visa is valid for any number of entries up to 15/04/2011.

1. Up to you as they say - you will have to do border runs at least every 90 days with that visa - if qualified an extension of stay from Immigration would allow stay without such runs.

2. Not if using visa - if you change to extension of stay you would.

3. No.

4. No.

Thanks Lopburi3 for quick and helpful reply...

From what you have told me it seems that: 1) once in thailand and registered in uni course I can apply for the 1 year extension visa and wont have to leave the county with this..2) I will have to report my address to immigration every 90 days with extension visa 3) dont have to apply for re-entry permit or notify when leaving as visa is multiple entry, but if change to 1 year extension visa i must get re-entry permit...

Correct??

Thanks again for the reply, you have eased my confusion considerably...

cheers...