Big Game Fishing Trip (fancy It)?

A while ago we all talked about the fishing competition.

We saw the pics, and one boat obviously targeted the fish in a different way to the rest of the boats. They had a big sailfish and around 5 small Marlin, + Mahi Mahi.

Each year there is a Migration of Blah Tu, this is a favourite food of bluewater predators, there is an abundance of the fish this month, it is my hunch that the sailfish and Marlin will be with them.

They breed in the marine park, the water is shallow and silty here, not habitat for billfish, they like bluewater. With a decent fish finder and fast boat, + flybridge we should be able to spot the baitfish.

So who is up for a trip that leaves just before Dawn and returns the following day at Sunset?

I have a couple of friends already, need another 2-4. You don't need to be serious anglers, but you will need patience as we are after quality not quantity.

I want to do eigher before SW Monsoon during a calm spell, or after the sw monsoon has settled down and the sea is flat. BTW, the Bla Tu fishery in this area is closed 15 Feb-15May. That is when the fish are spawning, so we are now slap bang in the middle of the migration, infact nearing the end.

I wonder if they hold the fishing comp in april each year as they know it's the best fishing time due to all the baitfish in the area?

Hmmmm Interesting.......

Edited by womble

Sorry, just to clarify, how long, 36 hours ??

" So who is up for a trip that leaves just before Dawn and returns the following day at Sunset? "

I am, depending on the date & the cost.Maybe someone can pm me the cost.