Poisoned Dog Maenam

I spent some time a few weeks ago upping the security where I live. I got some flood lights installed. We have a new wooden solid front door with 3 dead-bolts. I also used a Dremmel Tool to round out all the screws that hold the metal bars in place on the windows. The only way in or out of my house is through my front door. I also have a few other tricks I've done inside the house that would give someone a surprise if they broke in.

I also got insurance for my household stuff, so if a gang ever turned up and stuck a gun to my head or knife to my throat.. I'd let them straight and leave them to it. It's not worth losing your life over a material possession...

Matt.

Pleased to hear you've secured your house Matt, but what would you do in the event of a fire? :)

How about electrical fire? (Obviously I hope it doesn't happen!)

I'd get my girl to go sort it out with a bucket of water... :)

Only joking... The building is relatively new with a good electrical breaker box, it would trip for sure before any insulation got warm enough to ignite. It's pretty sensitive, I can trip it fairly easily. I don't have much electrical equipment, only in my office and it's all sat behind big, grounded, UPS's. My only problem would be a petrol bomb thrown through a window or front door, cutting of my only route out, then I'd have to pull the emergency angle grinder out and get out through the windows... :D But that's just not going to happen.

Anyway, we should keep this thread on topic...

It is possible to train a dog not to eat anything given from anyone but yourself.

http://www.dneprimport.com/dog-tricks/dog-...n-proofing.html

I'm looking in to this right now for my dogs.

Matt.

How about electrical fire? (Obviously I hope it doesn't happen!)

I'd get my girl to go sort it out with a bucket of water... :)

Only joking... The building is relatively new with a good electrical breaker box, it would trip for sure before any insulation got warm enough to ignite. It's pretty sensitive, I can trip it fairly easily. I don't have much electrical equipment, only in my office and it's all sat behind big, grounded, UPS's. My only problem would be a petrol bomb thrown through a window or front door, cutting of my only route out, then I'd have to pull the emergency angle grinder out and get out through the windows... :D But that's just not going to happen.

Anyway, we should keep this thread on topic...

It is possible to train a dog not to eat anything given from anyone but yourself.

http://www.dneprimport.com/dog-tricks/dog-...n-proofing.html

I'm looking in to this right now for my dogs.

Matt.

it can be done. but normally dogs have to be trained from young. also the problem is that when i go away i need people to take care my dogs. like Niki also have annother thaiman. problem is that people change from time to time over the years. so maybe the thai man can do sometimes but if he is not here then Niki but if those 2 have gone then i have to find new people.

might get a security guard. have lost too many dogs now. really fustrating.

as for hero. i think being a hero is when u try to stop a crime taking place that does not inivolve you but when u want to protect your property , family and pets then i think it is just self defense.

anyway i have got the local Gunag's ( not sure on spelling, 1 up from Pui yaa Baan )on my side. so if i see anything then there will clear the situation very quick.

I spent some time a few weeks ago upping the security where I live. I got some flood lights installed. We have a new wooden solid front door with 3 dead-bolts. I also used a Dremmel Tool to round out all the screws that hold the metal bars in place on the windows. The only way in or out of my house is through my front door. I also have a few other tricks I've done inside the house that would give someone a surprise if they broke in.

I also got insurance for my household stuff, so if a gang ever turned up and stuck a gun to my head or knife to my throat.. I'd let them straight and leave them to it. It's not worth losing your life over a material possession...

Matt.

i had inssernece once. then i realise i was only covered for stuff that was worth nicking like frige tv's and heavy stuff. all things like laptops and cams and phones were not covered. shame cause those are the thing thaty thevies like the most.

i have cctv installed by B Smart security but they have been offiline for a while because my computer is dead. they are coming round to fix on monday. will also have online access to my house. some of the cams are infared.

Maybe I am being a little too cautious here but ...

It might be best not to reveal too much on here. It is a public forum, anyone can read it, and although we are all pretty anonymous and it would be diffifult to work out who we are and where we live, you never know how thieves work.

Like I say, sorry about being paranoid, and if you think I am being a bit daft, then please say so. :)

Maybe I am being a little too cautious here but ...

It might be best not to reveal too much on here. It is a public forum, anyone can read it, and although we are all pretty anonymous and it would be diffifult to work out who we are and where we live, you never know how thieves work.

Like I say, sorry about being paranoid, and if you think I am being a bit daft, then please say so. :D

Don't worry mate. I promise not to reveal your secret location. :)

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you... :)

Any thief would have a surprise when they finally made it in to my house, to see a sofa, old non-widescreen tv and 800 baht DVD player!...

Come off it Matt! We know your house is full of birthday goodies....! :D

thanks. i know the risks. i won't go round chasing someone down the road but if i am in my house and someone comes in then i have spoken to my lawyer. if i yuse a special tool to protect myself i can use it as self defense as if someone comes into my house through a window. then i do not know if they have gun or what they want to do. so ic an do something/.

there again. i think that theives go around in gangs and if someone is willling to go into someones how with people inside then i think they know what they are doing.

if it is a gang with many then they could all be tooled up. maybe i could get 1 or 2 of them but gurentee they would come back. they also have the advantage they know me and what i look like but i do not kmow them but there again. i know the risks. so my fault if i get berried. i think it is quite an honerable way to go.

think just carry on as normal. unless i see someone coming through my window then i really have no hoice but to act.

Of course Big C, you can't let this incident rule your life, you must live as normal aspossibel..

Just be aware though, that's all..

& maybe get another Dog..

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you... :D

Any thief would have a surprise when they finally made it in to my house, to see a sofa, old non-widescreen tv and 800 baht DVD player!...

I just hope they don't pick the TV that's packed with ammonium nitrate, a blasting cap and a mobile phone. Wouldn't that be a shame... :)

I just hope they don't pick the TV that's packed with ammonium nitrate, a blasting cap and a mobile phone. Wouldn't that be a shame... :)

I wish you'd tell us more about your SAS days Matt I really do.... :D

i would do but i am forget full. i would propbably pick up the phone and detonate and kill myself. i prefer the olf fashion gun. i only have to point it away from me then i am half way out of danger lol.

this incodent hasn't ruled my life though i more aware now. will need to get my cams. connected and get a proper fence round the rest of my land. always suspiscious of peope walking buffalow on my land and messing around. maybe doing serveillence.

OMG I'm starting to get paranoid now with all this talk of camaras, infra red, locks and bolts! :)

Saying that the only thing that belongs to us in our house that is worth stealing is my boyfriends PS3, and come to think about it, I wouldn't be bothered if it did get stolen anyway :D lol

OMG I'm starting to get paranoid now with all this talk of camaras, infra red, locks and bolts! :)

Saying that the only thing that belongs to us in our house that is worth stealing is my boyfriends PS3, and come to think about it, I wouldn't be bothered if it did get stolen anyway :D lol

I got burgled a few years ago in Fisherman's Village. They took a couple of old phones and my electric toothbrush (minus the charger). :D

Lucky I wasn't home at the time but the worst thing was the thought that they had been watching me for days maybe just opportunistic though.

Shook me up a bit at the time however you get over these things and never had a problem since. Now where's my wooden stick??....

While it might not be a 100% solution, how about keeping our dogs either in the house or in a large cage/crate during the night or when going out.

If a dog is running free in the garden especially at night it's so easy for someone to throw something over the wall for the dog to eat where as if the dogs in the house the scumbag would actually have to break into the house first and probaly would not risk it with all the comotion that would be cause.

thanks. i know the risks. i won't go round chasing someone down the road but if i am in my house and someone comes in then i have spoken to my lawyer. if i yuse a special tool to protect myself i can use it as self defense as if someone comes into my house through a window. then i do not know if they have gun or what they want to do. so ic an do something/.

there again. i think that theives go around in gangs and if someone is willling to go into someones how with people inside then i think they know what they are doing.

if it is a gang with many then they could all be tooled up. maybe i could get 1 or 2 of them but gurentee they would come back. they also have the advantage they know me and what i look like but i do not kmow them but there again. i know the risks. so my fault if i get berried. i think it is quite an honerable way to go.

think just carry on as normal. unless i see someone coming through my window then i really have no hoice but to act.

Terrible news BigC, German Shepard is such a good dog to loose.

Makes me sic to think that someone would do this intentionally.

I was here barely a month or two before my house got robbed. Was thinking to get a dog for security and was told by more than

one person that it was quite common for burglars to poison or kill dogs here before robbery. My wife and her sister were in the house at the time of the robbery also. I think if someone is willing to break into a house where they know people are inside it, that takes it to a

different level.

Terrible news BigC, German Shepard is such a good dog to loose.

Makes me sic to think that someone would do this intentionally.

I was here barely a month or two before my house got robbed. Was thinking to get a dog for security and was told by more than

one person that it was quite common for burglars to poison or kill dogs here before robbery. My wife and her sister were in the house at the time of the robbery also. I think if someone is willing to break into a house where they know people are inside it, that takes it to a

different level.

yes i think they would be tooled up of they are willing to do that. though i am trying to work out why she was poisoned. tracing my steps/. i rememeber about 1 year ago someone put a letter in thai through my door. my wife read it and it said.

" your dog has eaten 17 of our chickens if u not stop. Then we go to police "

this was ridiculas because i know that this happens. dogs get poisned for killing chickens. so i never let them anywhere near them.

so i went to the police first and showed them the letter and told them that it was impossibe and showed them how.

now there are many street dogs running around and dogs that belong to people who don't bother to lock them up. why they blamed my dogs i do not know.

though there has been no signs of brakens yet. touch wood !

before i had a dog poisoned. managed to get him to the vet in time. later he died of old age.

shame had i seen her being sick i could have saved her.

If I were a burglar, which I am not ... honest. :D

But if I were, I would go out one night and find some nice houses to break into. That same night I would put loads of poisoned food out to get rid of the dog if there was one. I would do that at several houses to make sure when I came back I had plenty of choice of places to rob from. The next day I would come back and do the deed so long as the coast was clear.

I wouldn't wait a week to steal your TV. You could have bought a new dog by then. :D

But then I am not a burglar. :) F#ck knows how these guys' minds work!

If I were a burglar, which I am not ... honest. :D

But if I were, I would go out one night and find some nice houses to break into. That same night I would put loads of poisoned food out to get rid of the dog if there was one. I would do that at several houses to make sure when I came back I had plenty of choice of places to rob from. The next day I would come back and do the deed so long as the coast was clear.

I wouldn't wait a week to steal your TV. You could have bought a new dog by then. :D

But then I am not a burglar. :) F#ck knows how these guys' minds work!

ypur pretty close to the mark. when i was broken into in lamui. after reporting it to the police they came straight down a load of them. apprently they did about 5 houses in 1 night. i mean the burglers