Bangkok: Red-Shirts Slam Chulalongkorn Hospital For Evacuating Patients

webfact

BTW. Where is your version of the Godwins law coming from? Is it accredited?

My guess is you wrote it by yourself, right? An imitation, fake, forgery, a fabrication. And so your talk about 'laws' is discredited right from the start by yourself.

Your ridiculous attempt to win with a strawman attack is a big failure.

What are you on about? That's Godwin's Law and here ya go:

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/2.10/godwin.if.html

so looks like your guess is well.....just as silly and wrong as your posts. Take off the red glasses they are not doing you any good.

I know Godwins law and i don't deny its existence.

Please show me where there is 'godwins law' quoted in the same way, using the same words like in the post of Animatic?

where he got his quotation from?

you know that in a quotation you should not alter words, change them, add some new words and so on and still declare it to a quote. It is a forgery then and not the original anymore.

It is just a silly attempt to attack me from the side because i wrote 'Eichmann was a Nazi' What is wrong with that? o And it was a reply to that line 'the Nazis were a mah jong society.'

Please elaborate where i lost the argument according to godwins law as animatic try to twist it. I wasn't the first one who came up with the word nazi, so he should point at someone else.

The law itself is against a brainless use of Nazi-comparisons arguments, but should not used as another brainless argument itself.

And what have the whole thing to do with "red glasses"? Care to explain that?

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My guess is you wrote it by yourself, right? An imitation, fake, forgery, a fabrication. And so your talk about 'laws' is discredited right from the start by yourself.

What are you on about? That's Godwin's Law and here ya go:

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/2.10/godwin.if.html

so looks like your guess is well.....just as silly and wrong as your posts. Take off the red glasses they are not doing you any good.

I know Godwins law and i don't deny its existence.

Please show me where there is 'godwins law' quoted in the same way, using the same words like in the post of Animatic?

where he got his quotation from?

you know that in a quotation you should not alter words, change them, add some new words and so on and still declare it to a quote. It is a forgery then and not the original anymore.

It is just a silly attempt to attack me from the side because i wrote 'Eichmann was a Nazi' What is wrong with that? o And it was a reply to that line 'the Nazis were a mah jong society.'

Please elaborate where i lost the argument according to godwins law as animatic try to twist it. I wasn't the first one who came up with the word nazi, so he should point at someone else.

The law itself is against a brainless use of Nazi-comparisons arguments, but should not used as another brainless argument itself.

And what have the whole thing to do with "red glasses"? Care to explain that?

It actually has more to do with not making light of the nazis did.

No I wouldn't care to explain the red glasses to you until you remove them there is no point. You have severe presbyopia from wearing them eh.

CRES: No troops inside Chula Hospital

BANGKOK, 3 May 2010 (NNT) – The Center for the Resolution of Emergency Situation (CRES) affirms there are no state troops stationed inside King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital as claimed by the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) leaders.

Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd, Spokesperson of CRES and the Royal Thai Army, stated that military forces had only been posted on the perimeter of the hospital to secure the area and monitor the situation. The hospital has never been used as a hideout as UDD core figures have earlier declared.

Col Sansern also showed sets of photos taken by foreign and Thai journalists as proof that the officers were only stationed outside the premises.

The CRES rebuttal of the claim follows a recent raid of UDD guards into King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital which is located by the UDD rally site. UDD leader Payap Panket, who led some 200 UDD men to search the hospital, earlier claimed that the government was using the compound to secretly plot a dispersal operation against the UDD gathering at Ratchaprasong Junction.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news.php?id=255305030030

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 3 May 2010

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

--------------------------------------

Interesting, now the CRES admit that there have been indeed soldiers at the perimeter of the hospital.

here is the pantip thread with a couple of photos and the discussion about soldiers on hospital compound or not.

CRES: No troops inside Chula Hospital

BANGKOK, 3 May 2010 (NNT) – The Center for the Resolution of Emergency Situation (CRES) affirms there are no state troops stationed inside King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital as claimed by the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) leaders.

Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd, Spokesperson of CRES and the Royal Thai Army, stated that military forces had only been posted on the perimeter of the hospital to secure the area and monitor the situation. The hospital has never been used as a hideout as UDD core figures have earlier declared.

Col Sansern also showed sets of photos taken by foreign and Thai journalists as proof that the officers were only stationed outside the premises.

The CRES rebuttal of the claim follows a recent raid of UDD guards into King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital which is located by the UDD rally site. UDD leader Payap Panket, who led some 200 UDD men to search the hospital, earlier claimed that the government was using the compound to secretly plot a dispersal operation against the UDD gathering at Ratchaprasong Junction.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news.php?id=255305030030

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 3 May 2010

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

--------------------------------------

Interesting, now the CRES admit that there have been indeed soldiers at the perimeter of the hospital.

here is the pantip thread with a couple of photos and the discussion about soldiers on hospital compound or not.

So, what's wrong with that?

Where your quote of Godwins law come from? Got any source for it or have it just rewritten it by yourself at this very moment, so that it fits you need and you can declare that i LOSE (in capitals)?

Anyone who thinks online discussions on web boards like this one are about WIN or LOSE is a LOSER himself. you will never learn something or become smarter, just desperately looking for counter arguments. deny everything that don't fits your belief system.

sorry, but if you would have followed the discussion you would see that my post was a reply on this entry by jingthing.

The red shirt insurgent occupation of Bangkok is a rally, eh? That's funny. Kind of like saying the Nazis were a mah jong society.

Mr. Animatic, you bark up the wrong tree and you also get it wrong what Godwins law means.

Seems you are dealing with this in a overtly professional Perception Management manner.

PR at it's best, or lowest, depending on vantage point. Slag away dude, you do NOT diminish me.

Here for instance you have 'cherry picked' the quotes above out of my context to make your attack.

So, no win on this attack, since you use a false premise for the attack.

I was injecting facts to someone else's argument bringing in the Nazis.

I didn't bring it up out of the blue.

Out of context means the relevance is removed and so not a untrue assessment.

Par for the course.

Sorry, it was not possible to quote all,(there is a limit of number of quotes) but you can click always at the little arrow icon to go to the full original post.

I didn't 'cherry picked' anything.

You attacked me out of the blue for nothing, while i was merely injecting facts about one Nazi.

I didn't say "Sound familiar to todays shenanigans?" or "Sounds too close to home..." that have been your words.

"Nazi " is thrown so often into the discussion and in this thread first by someone else. Why didn't you explain that other member your version of the godwins law? blind on one side?

Is it accredited LOL, oh you are a card.

So... you admit it was you who brought up Nazi in the first place.

I injected facts, counter to you argument...

I didn't bring up Nazis EITHER time.

Point lost yet again

Barking up the wrong tree you say???

Heck your arguments aren't even up to shrubbery!

accredited, STILL LOL.

Edited by animatic

I took a look at the picture --- is that real military?

Kissdani --- you need a new line :)

Well, they have guns.

Here at this board have been the reports of shots or firecrackers and one member came up with his story of a shoot out and the shells he have seen. That was dismissed as unbelievable by the true believers who know everything better and don't mind the heavy censored access to information.

The pantip thread supports the eyewitness report at this board, but the thread is in Thai that limits the access to information once more, so people can still claim because they never heard of it or read something about and than it cannot be true.

You wouldn't be impressed by facts anyway or would you?

Well, they have guns.

Here at this board have been the reports of shots or firecrackers and one member came up with his story of a shoot out and the shells he have seen. That was dismissed as unbelievable by the true believers who know everything better and don't mind the heavy censored access to information.

The pantip thread supports the eyewitness report at this board, but the thread is in Thai that limits the access to information once more, so people can still claim because they never heard of it or read something about and than it cannot be true.

I would be impressed by facts. What is reported on a forum is hearsay. There is no corroboration. And as we all know there is a PR war going on.

For example. If I were to write a nice little story about a friend visiting an apartment in the occupied territory that was used as a weapons cache. And then I listed in detail about rocket launchers, machine guns, military rifles, grenade launchers, pipes, axes, IEDs, and other weapons numbering in the 1000s. Would you automatically believe me?

Edited by way2muchcoffee

Is it accredited LOL, oh you are a card.

So... you admit it was you who brought up Nazi in the first place.

I injected facts, counter to you argument...

I didn't bring up Nazis EITHER time.

Point lost yet again

Barking up the wrong tree you say???

Heck your arguments aren't even up to shrubbery!

accredited, STILL LOL.

I take that as confession that you wrote your own version of the so called Godwins Law.

And no, i wasn't the first one in this thread who brought up the Nazis. Evidently you must be blind on one side.

It was also shown that in the past you didn't hesitate to make the Nazi-comparison. Look in the mirror.

I will stop here, if you want feel yourself as winner now, do it. But keep in mind 'trying to win in online discussion' is loser sport.

So good luck for future attempts to play the Godwin's law card, keep an eye on your American friends.

:):D :D

Well, they have guns.

I would be impressed by facts. What is reported on a forum is hearsay. There is no corroboration. And as we all know there is a PR war going on.

For example. If I were to write a nice little story about a friend visiting an apartment in the occupied territory that was used as a weapons cache. And then I listed in detail about rocket launchers, machine guns, military rifles, grenade launchers, pipes, axes, IEDs, and other weapons numbering in the 1000s. Would you automatically believe me?

Well, markokang and his eyewitness report did sound plausible to me. He don't hide behind some anonymous account, if i look at his profile page i see a picture of him, he gives personal details and a link to his website. That all don't look like as he would make some stories up.

That has some substance unlike some other comments who cherry pick some lines from a twitter stream of some online partisan.

Well, they have guns.

Well, markokang and his eyewitness report did sound plausible to me. He don't hide behind some anonymous account, if i look at his profile page i see a picture of him, he gives personal details and a link to his website. That all don't look like as he would make some stories up.

That has some substance unlike some other comments who cherry pick some lines from a twitter stream of some online partisan.

I understand what you are saying. I am not declaring that markokang is lying or making up a story. I just suggest that it is a possibility given the levels of misinformation that are coming from both sides. Everything gets weighed accordingly. And it's a fact that people will tend to accept flimsy evidence that supports their already held beliefs. Not just you or me, but anyone really. Some more than others.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

i know its been said before. but after reading the Nation on the Chula saga all i can say is how can anybody put the paper down without laughing at it.

Isnt the secret to good propaganda to appear to be, say, "fair and balanced", to appear to give everyside fair coverage in a dispute, and to subtly slant the coverage?

The Nation execs should take a sabatical to Singapore to understudy with the Strait Jacket Times if they want an Asian primer in more sublte and thus effective propaganda.

The lack of sophistication of the English press here has to be read to be believed.

From a newspaper VG in Norway today

Translated with Google Translate

Thailand Rebellion: - If they take me, they kill me!

VG met the "red" rebel general

BANGKOK (VG) He is called a traitor by the regime, arguing he will be executed, if they arrest him. For general seh Daeng has gone against his own, and supports the people.

The red colored people, the rebels. What are his motives, no one knows. But the general Khattiya Sawadipol, alias seh Daeng, is a national hero in modern Thailand. For he is the people's man, at least red shirts man.

Had it not been for his camouflage uniform with general distinctions, one had hardly noticed him. But here, behind the red barricades, all know him - and love him.

Fear snipers

He is a hero - and write autographs for dear life when he turns out. But he does not often, he fears the regime.

I wander alone around the edge of the red area, and hear a voice from a tent:

- Pssssst, strangers will you talk seh Daeng?

Sure I will, the controversial army general that of pure disobedience was stripped of his degree a few months ago, the man leading the rebellion: He is the man who planned the outer defense lines in detail, along the lines of the war between Burma and Siam (Thailand ) in 1785, and he is the man in command of the red black-clad security forces.

- Look around, he told me.

- Do you see the killing pointed bamboo poles in the barricades over there? They are constantly immersed in gasoline, and burn fat off the enemy if they try it. Bamboo is a deadly wall of fire. This is old wisdom that has been used successfully over the centuries here in the East.

The regime needs 40,000 soldiers and police to take us, and so many they fail to get. Many in the army and police are on our side, said the rebel, and add:

Fighting for life

- We have some "fireworks" and shoot down helicopters like if they try it. And I'm expecting 1000 new recruits to the security department. He claims they fight for life with slings, stones and the little they have of weapons. Seh Daeng claims they have rights and morality on their side.

- We are Palestine of the East, squeezed together on a small area, and we fight for our rights. Against oppression, against corruption and injustice, for a decent life. But the yellow, the elite, the rich and the army will not give us that. So it is time to take it!

- Why did you, as a general, turned his back on your own?

- Because I want to be a general of the people! One that will be for the little man. I will not be a general of politicians and power people, I am a Democrat in my heart and want to be like the generals as you have in Europe's democracies.

- The people need a clear leader, he said.

VG - 03.05.2010

From a newspaper VG in Norway today

Translated with Google Translate

Thailand Rebellion: - If they take me, they kill me!

VG met the "red" rebel general

BANGKOK (VG) He is called a traitor by the regime, arguing he will be executed, if they arrest him. For general seh Daeng has gone against his own, and supports the people.

The red colored people, the rebels. What are his motives, no one knows. But the general Khattiya Sawadipol, alias seh Daeng, is a national hero in modern Thailand. For he is the people's man, at least red shirts man.

Had it not been for his camouflage uniform with general distinctions, one had hardly noticed him. But here, behind the red barricades, all know him - and love him.

Fear snipers

He is a hero - and write autographs for dear life when he turns out. But he does not often, he fears the regime.

I wander alone around the edge of the red area, and hear a voice from a tent:

- Pssssst, strangers will you talk seh Daeng?

Sure I will, the controversial army general that of pure disobedience was stripped of his degree a few months ago, the man leading the rebellion: He is the man who planned the outer defense lines in detail, along the lines of the war between Burma and Siam (Thailand ) in 1785, and he is the man in command of the red black-clad security forces.

- Look around, he told me.

- Do you see the killing pointed bamboo poles in the barricades over there? They are constantly immersed in gasoline, and burn fat off the enemy if they try it. Bamboo is a deadly wall of fire. This is old wisdom that has been used successfully over the centuries here in the East.

The regime needs 40,000 soldiers and police to take us, and so many they fail to get. Many in the army and police are on our side, said the rebel, and add:

Fighting for life

- We have some "fireworks" and shoot down helicopters like if they try it. And I'm expecting 1000 new recruits to the security department. He claims they fight for life with slings, stones and the little they have of weapons. Seh Daeng claims they have rights and morality on their side.

- We are Palestine of the East, squeezed together on a small area, and we fight for our rights. Against oppression, against corruption and injustice, for a decent life. But the yellow, the elite, the rich and the army will not give us that. So it is time to take it!

- Why did you, as a general, turned his back on your own?

- Because I want to be a general of the people! One that will be for the little man. I will not be a general of politicians and power people, I am a Democrat in my heart and want to be like the generals as you have in Europe's democracies.

- The people need a clear leader, he said.

VG - 03.05.2010

Wat Tham Krabok would be a good place for a weapon-addicted sociopath. If the therapy not works a tyre with a big chain to his foot. No death penalty. Take care of him, but don't unlock the chain.

• 4 weeks later...