Shipping Personal Effects From Uk

steve187

At short notice I arranged to move to Thailand with my Thai wife, who had been in the UK for a little over 3 years.

I arranged to ship over a 20foot container with our personal effects, the price was agreed with the shipper at £1460.00 ex insurance, excluding all fees payable in Thailand.

This was collected on the 1st March, and taken to Southampton, it left Southampton on the 12th March, and arrived in Laem Charbang on 12th April, 8 days ahead of schedule,

but unfortunately during songran so was not delivered to me until the 20th April. all went well the seal on the container was unbroken.

I arranged all shipping details using my wife's Thai name with no mention of me.

A recommended local Laem Charbang agent was instructed to deal with all paperwork etc.my wife did not go to the docks.

my wife's passport was given to the agent along with a packing list. the total costs for this end were 28,000 baht. which included ALL fees payable

my Wife's passport has been stamped to show she has shipped personal effects here.

I have posted this to give anyone interested some insight into shipping personal effects here.

Mods please move to the correct forum please.