Thaksin's Latest Interview: It Is Possible To Come Back This Year

webfact

Still full of the same old, tired, clapped out, anti Taksin, anti-democracy garbage.

Taksins misdemeanors pale into insignificance when set against the crimes of the anti-democracy, forces of evil , in Thailand.

And we all know who they are, don't we

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a wild guess that you are referring to the armed insurrectionists who murdered soldiers and civilians, and have taken by force the city center of Bangkok.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still full of the same old, tired, clapped out, anti Taksin, anti-democracy garbage.

Taksins misdemeanors pale into insignificance when set against the crimes of the anti-democracy, forces of evil , in Thailand.

Kwanchai, Arisaman, Seh Daeng, General Pallop, Jatupon come to mind,

No. I do not. Please tell me.

Vujanovich (the president of Montenegro) :)

Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing, but along with that, responsibility must also be adhered to.

Freedom of speech does not include inciting violence, advocating killing, violent overthrow of governments, using doctored and false audio/video clips of individuals on a repeated basis to give disinformation, the use of media through video which calls for terroristic activities such as using petrol bombs to burn down a city, or calling for assassination of government officials.

The shutdown of the red TV/websites is highly controversial as you know . Even members of his coalition like Banharn , and also the CEO of Thaicom have spoken against it .

ASTV (the yellow station) is allowed to remain on air even though they have been engaging in hate speeches and lies . Who draws the line between lawful and unlawful opposition in Thailand ? The governement !

In no democratic country this is allowed to happen

The weapon against lies is truth , its by no mean censorship .

Why the PM is not devoting his time instead to increase his close to zero popularity in North and central Isaan

rather then seeking to ban the opposition medias ?

Exactly.

And the question is how much disinformation contains the claim that the censored media is that evil at all.

In other words, calling for the things I mentioned should be allowed and is protected by freedom of speech?

I do agree that PAD has also done its fair share, and had there transmissions been shut down, I would have no problem with that.

There are limits, and they have exceeded those limits of expression.

No. Just because you or Abhisit said so doesn't mean the claim is true, nor should Abhisit have the power to make these decision, but an independent judiciary. That different bodies of the society, even coalition members have spoken against it hints that there is maybe something wrong with it.

Shutting down community radio stations? If they are indeed coordinating a violent insurgency intent on overthrowing the government, why shouldn't the government ethically be able to shut them down? I am not sure if they are or they aren't, but I do know even in the US which has very good levels of freedom of speech and the press, a communication vehicle actively coordinating the violent overthrow of the US government would indeed be shut down, and legally so, even if millions of people supported the insurgency. Again, if they are guilty as charged, the better question is why is it taking so long to stop these violence inciting communication organs?

IN USA the Air Waves are public space administered for the people by the government.

EVERY station over 5w MUST be liscened and subect to wattage and antenna directional checks

and ANY violation of these is subject to instant shut down.

Using the public airwaves, to criticizes the government is legal, talk radioj does it nightly.

BUT using the airwaves for sedition or to incite insurrection as grounds for

loss of license, forfeiture of equipment, and possible prison terms

Hi Farang USA, this is Thailand not the USA.

In Thailand we have a separation of powers, look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_powers

So to close radio stations, that would be a decision by a civil court and not the government itself.

Just look up into the constitution.

But at the moment the separation of powers and the 'normal' laws itself are not intact anymore.

ISA and SoE are nothing more than a suspension of the constitution, putting the PM and CAPO/CRES above the law. Giving him the power of a dictator, acting without an independent judiciary.

With all that censorship action Abhisit clearly abusing his power to cling in power.

Even with 'Separation of Powers',

the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) is UNDER the administrative branch.

This is the federal organization that controls and administers the public airwaves.

And under Emergency Decrees, which ALSO exist there, the public airwaves

can be taken COMPLETELY under the control of the executive.

In fact The Emergency Broadcasting System periodically takes control of ALL

radio and TV stations for 60 seconds simultaneously ever month or so to TEST the control system.

Certainly this is not USA, but SoE's exist in all nations, with some national variations.

And usually considered under the constitutions, if radio existed at the time of promulgation.

This is clearly an emergency situation and the PM has full powers granted to act

for the good of the nation as a whole, and against aggressive minority factions if necessary.

Yet another point lost. YOU really are on a roll today....

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a wild guess that you are referring to the armed insurrectionists who murdered soldiers and civilians, and have taken by force the city center of Bangkok.

Touché!

frodo

Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing, but along with that, responsibility must also be adhered to.

Freedom of speech does not include inciting violence, advocating killing, violent overthrow of governments, using doctored and false audio/video clips of individuals on a repeated basis to give disinformation, the use of media through video which calls for terroristic activities such as using petrol bombs to burn down a city, or calling for assassination of government officials.

The shutdown of the red TV/websites is highly controversial as you know . Even members of his coalition like Banharn , and also the CEO of Thaicom have spoken against it .

ASTV (the yellow station) is allowed to remain on air even though they have been engaging in hate speeches and lies . Who draws the line between lawful and unlawful opposition in Thailand ? The governement !

In no democratic country this is allowed to happen

The weapon against lies is truth , its by no mean censorship .

Why the PM is not devoting his time instead to increase his close to zero popularity in North and central Isaan

rather then seeking to ban the opposition medias ?

Exactly.

And the question is how much disinformation contains the claim that the censored media is that evil at all.

In other words, calling for the things I mentioned should be allowed and is protected by freedom of speech?

I do agree that PAD has also done its fair share, and had there transmissions been shut down, I would have no problem with that.

There are limits, and they have exceeded those limits of expression.

No. Just because you or Abhisit said so doesn't mean the claim is true, nor should Abhisit have the power to make these decision, but an independent judiciary. That different bodies of the society, even coalition members have spoken against it hints that there is maybe something wrong with it.

Judiciaries rule on points of law, and the actions of men, companies and institutions relating to law,

and not the functioning of public utilities, except as their management comes under issues of law.

Still another lost point...

the mind boogles.

I think that would be Thaksin and his red mob and terrorists. They are fighting for democracy in their sick demented way, I think. Ooops I hope I didn't offend Thaksin and the terrosists. I don't want them to threaten or bomb me or The Nation, or, the BBC or CNN, or The Washington Post, or The Bangkok Post or anyone that writes anything controversial about them or anyone that won't vote for them or what the hel_l, they might want to bomb the whole world. Now where did that definition of terrorist go.

A PTP enforcer gave the old man a serious beating ON CAMERA for daring to ask again for promised reimbursement.

Yeah, that's the actor Methee currently singing to the govt. Larry David couldn't even write this stuff.

Red PTP on Red PTP violence:

metheeamornwuthikulpunc.jpg

3011178801.jpg

Edited by mavup

Since when Singapore is a democracy ?

Malaysia is a democracy but that is only quite recent and learning

Yes and isn't Singapore and Malaysia wonderful countries.

You could say that yes , but bit boring .

Lacks the excitment of THailand :)

Since when Singapore is a democracy ?

Malaysia is a democracy but that is only quite recent and learning

Yes and isn't Singapore and Malaysia wonderful countries.

You could say that yes , but bit boring .

Lacks the excitment of THailand :D

True :)

“They want to crack down on the people, but there are a million red shirts”,

Dream on Thaksin. The Reds never even made 10% of that number and it quite clear to most of us that the majority of Thais are against you and the Reds.