Am I Wrong?

geronimo

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't you share some of the things you've learned through your life experiences? Other than being able to survive anywhere in the world, smoking, drinking, and only worrying about tomorrow (I thought the idea was living in the moment). I'm assuming your a spiritual person, and have come to realize what's important in life. Please enlighten us.

Quick edit: When you're 20, short of actually getting killed, you feel invulnerable. How do you maintain that attitude?

No, he stated " I never worry about the future", Isnt that "living in the moment" ??? :)

"whereas I never looked further than tomorrow" is what he said.

Let's agree to say that I had no thoughts about the future other than tomorrow. Hope that clears it up. :D

I just feel abit sorry any kids whose father had a 'live for today, no need to save money for my' (or my kids future).

Oh Wow My two boys will crack up when they read this. What I've passed onto them (still passing) money cannot buy!!!!!

I just feel abit sorry any kids whose father had a 'live for today, no need to save money for my' (or my kids future).

Oh Wow My two boys will crack up when they read this. What I've passed onto them (still passing) money cannot buy!!!!!

If they are grown up already 18 plus, then fair enough!

I saw a group of camels coming over a sand dune. They approached me and one of them handed me a tin of peaches. He then smiled and they left...

Camels? What kind of medication were you taking?

canstock1523079.jpg

Is Adrenaline on the list?

And what if they aren't?

Define "No income to speak of"

I make enough money to support me and my family and I borrow the money to get my annual visa.

That's a tiny hurdle when you've been where I have !!!!!!!

Work to Live rather than Live to Work is common to many...I think?

You say you borrow your annual visa? After borrowing you then season it for 3 months in an account?

Good friends you have :)

Glad you have enjoyed your life.... :D

Edited by flying

And what if they aren't?

Well, depends on their age...if they are 16 i guess maybe they are mature enough to understand the costs and benefit of a live for today forget about the future - eg. health care, pensions , schooling etc attitude. Can i ask how old they are?

Edited by ExpatJ

I make enough money to support me and my family and I borrow the money to get my annual visa.

Work to Live rather than Live to Work is common to many...I think?

You say you borrow your annual visa? After borrowing you then season it for 3 months in an account?

Good friends you have :)

Glad you have enjoyed your life.... :D

Assuming again. I am on a "Supporting a Thai Child" visa and the money only has to be in there on the day of visa application. And yes, I do have REALLY GREAT friends.

Assuming again. I am on a "Supporting a Thai Child" visa and the money only has to be in there on the day of visa application. And yes, I do have REALLY GREAT friends.

Actually not assuming a different visa just thought it was all the same ....ie: 3 month seasoning.

If it is just a day they should just do away with it.

Perhaps they will when they read this .....

Again congrats & enjoy :)

there is a theory by karl jung about "a causal events", like this one where "some thing tells you" to get off a buss for no reason and then something aamazing happens, and a book about it call "syncronisity" but i cant remember who by; interesting stuff; a sceptic who's never opened thier life or brain might dismiss it as a load of <deleted>, but for people

who have experienced similar thing it could make alot of sense.

although not quite as extreem as your tale i've had many similar expirences. and coincidentally have married and had 2 kids in thailand. i started to ponder how about whats going to be best for my kids and not just myself; basically thinking chance of uk education would be best (even i bumbled along through life and around the world doesnt mean thats nessarcarily what they want) but really didnt fancy going in to the mundane life, one of these fate incidents threw up a chance now and i'm taking it, ; the universe has alligned for my benifit again; all through life event o signposts have , even if i'm not ealise at the time, led through to the good way, lucky.

Things like this and other experience lead me to think of some kind of energy flows and various guides; like the whole world, possably the universe is i full of this energy, like an ocean with many currents and we like the fish can still choose which way to swim, but if we ride the current the journey will be much easier. maybe something to do with magnatism?

I'm not saying you should move back to usa, but for sure you should concider your families prospects, what if u died tomorrow,[ i reckon other people can interupt ones flow like a ruddy great fishing trauller, nothing to do with your own karma, a badman could stab you, and then you rebourn in to a simillar life, not everything in life is from your own karma, karma is being ceated all the time, you could b the victim of someone elses creation of bad], but anyway,,, familly need sumsavings or means like a business or property for rent incase of the worse case sinario, this is my current thinking so we're off to blighty to create an egg.

happy birthday.

b lucky :)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

I have a somewhat similar background: my parents divorced when I was young and both died not long after leaving me with little for my future. But they gave me a good education both in what they taught me about life and the schools they sent me to. I have had to do it on my own since I was young and looking back I would not have had it any other way. I look around and I see those whose parents have left fortunes to their kids only to be thrown away as they have no idea what they are doing. I see grown men who spend all their time and money on boy's toys, games etc and then have the gall to call their parents to borrow money coz they cant get by. I would feel ashamed and defeated if I had to rely on my parents for money and I'm sure my parents would have felt like they had failed as parents.

The answer to Geronimos post I believe is humanity. Although I generally dont have a lot of faith in humanity, and mainly due to its associated greed, it has been humanity that has always shone thru when I have been down and out, and it nearly always comes from those who can least afford to give any assistance. The people in the flash SUV wont stop for you but those peach eating camels in the desert will.

I wonder where they keep their can openers?

OMG! It's a Buddhist leaning Bear Grylls with dreads having a dick measuring contest about the grooviness of his life....Cool man.

:)

i no your just trying to b funny; but how is mesaurring? i'm not give any detail or buzzing stories precicely for reason because not compete but for share feeling and offer advice, just enough so he knows i know what hes talking about so he might listen advise rather than dismiss as just predujice reaction from a closed mind

Just one stroke of bad luck, like a serious illness and he wouldn't be alive today to tell the story. No thanks. I'm VERY happy that I DID worry about the future.

Thank you mccw

I also think there is some hidden energy that can be tapped into.

and possably b minipulated?

this is how i think sak yant and other such "magic" work.

Edited by mccw

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

I have a somewhat similar background: my parents divorced when I was young and both died not long after leaving me with little for my future. But they gave me a good education both in what they taught me about life and the schools they sent me to. I have had to do it on my own since I was young and looking back I would not have had it any other way. I look around and I see those whose parents have left fortunes to their kids only to be thrown away as they have no idea what they are doing. I see grown men who spend all their time and money on boy's toys, games etc and then have the gall to call their parents to borrow money coz they cant get by. I would feel ashamed and defeated if I had to rely on my parents for money and I'm sure my parents would have felt like they had failed as parents.

The answer to Geronimos post I believe is humanity. Although I generally dont have a lot of faith in humanity, and mainly due to its associated greed, it has been humanity that has always shone thru when I have been down and out, and it nearly always comes from those who can least afford to give any assistance. The people in the flash SUV wont stop for you but those peach eating camels in the desert will.

I wonder where they keep their can openers?

I dont disagree.

My point is that I feel sorry for kids who are brought up to believe that they should disregard their future i.e. don't bother saving, or worrying about health insurance or pensions or investing in their education or that they in turn should bother investing in their own kids futures i.e.just tell them to purely 'live for today'. How is that good for them?

Edited by ExpatJ

I dont disagree.

My point is that I feel sorry for kids who are brought up to believe that they should disregard their future i.e. don't bother saving, or worrying about health insurance or pensions or investing in their education or that they in turn should bother investing in their own kids futures i.e.just tell them to purely 'live for today'. How is that good for them?

I totally agree. I rarely talk about my roving times to my boys. However I am brutally honest with them about certain things. I am doing my very best to make them understand what is important in life and how they can prepare for that.

Just one stroke of bad luck, like a serious illness and he wouldn't be alive today to tell the story. No thanks. I'm VERY happy that I DID worry about the future.

Yeah, Howard Hughes had the same philosophy.........spent most of his miserable adult life in a sterile Kleenex box just in case. What a life to tell...hey but he was careful!!! :)

i too help special needs children and young adults..you have been BLESSED by God..plain and simple, and your blessins will continue, as your philosophy is sound, and you WALK the talk.

you get it eh?..do a good deed and "throw it in the ocean"... the waves always come back.

signed: we are all special needs

The title of the thread is 'Am I wrong'. Am I wrong about what? Wrong about leaving home back in the early 70's? (by the way £60 in your pocket in 1974 was a lot of money), wrong about the years of guilt felt by your Mother who probably never even knew where you were (imagine your feelings if your one of your boys left tomorrow and you heard nothing for 6 months or even 3 years). What are you asking that you are wrong about?

Someone mentioned the book on synchronicity, It was called 'The Celestine Prophecies', I think you would enjoy it ...a lot.

The bedouin can be amazingly good people, I have experienced their hospitality.

Good Luck

The title of the thread is 'Am I wrong'. Am I wrong about what? Wrong about leaving home back in the early 70's? (by the way £60 in your pocket in 1974 was a lot of money), wrong about the years of guilt felt by your Mother who probably never even knew where you were (imagine your feelings if your one of your boys left tomorrow and you heard nothing for 6 months or even 3 years). What are you asking that you are wrong about?

Someone mentioned the book on synchronicity, It was called 'The Celestine Prophecies', I think you would enjoy it ...a lot.

Good Luck

The celestine prophecies is a story book, not bad, but this book i'm talking abouts title is "syncronicity" it talks about Jungs theory and the lady author gives example of things to illustrate it from her own life, then she entangles it all with astronomy and some her own theorys too. personally i think wrapping thoughts up in stories abit long and unneccarcry but good to get the kids interested, like that "sophies world"

Good Luck

The celestine prophecies is a story book, not bad, but this book i'm talking abouts title is "syncronicity" it talks about Jungs theory and the lady author gives example of things to illustrate it from her own life, then she entangles it all with astronomy and some her own theorys too. personally i think wrapping thoughts up in stories abit long and unneccarcry but good to get the kids interested, like that "sophies world"

So it's another story book. The Celestine Prophecies was a world number 1 bestseller for a long time. It took Jungs theory and turned it in to a simple effective tale of how synchronicity works, the author then 'entangles it all with astronomy and some of their own theories too'. Have you ever read it?, If you have I am surprised at you dissing it, If you haven't then why are you dissing it?

Edited by Tigs

And what was it again that you were smoking under that tree?

Happy Birthday Geronimo!!

Been doing that since I was 16 too. Perhaps that's got something to do with it!!!!

yes always some good stuff to be had in the sinai desert! somewhere between st catherines monistary and dahab, no doubt.

Just curious about how you can stay in LOS with no income to speak of? What type of visa are you using? Or are you now a Thai citizen?

bunch of crock people. BORROWS $$S FOR VISA! what a way to live!

Good Luck

So it's another story book. The Celestine Prophecies was a world number 1 bestseller for a long time. It took Jungs theory and turned it in to a simple effective tale of how synchronicity works, the author then 'entangles it all with astronomy and some of their own theories too'. Have you ever read it?, If you have I am surprised at you dissing it, If you haven't then why are you dissing it?

yes i've read the cellestine prophocies, i'm not dissing it, i said its not bad, but it is a story book, good for kids or introducing the idea, an entertaining read, the other book is more like a dicriptive analysis of the theory illustrated by her experiences, which were also a bit long and often prity random to be honest, but i prefer the way it takes each aspect part by part and gives ways for you think about your own life and recognise things of which it talk.

When i say about the entangaling of astrologies and new theories its in relation to the book i suggested, not a "diss" of the other. i find the theories an interesting expansion and need much mulling. the book i suggested, for me, is more thought provoking, i find a story somewhat disracting, want to turn the page to find out what happens next rather than sit back a think for a while