Wine Tasting Events?

Daren

Does any one know of any upcoming wine tasting events? I went to one a few years ago in BKK and it was much better than I expected with wineries from S. Africa, Australia, Europe Thailand and the US supplying some very nice wines.

Any good news for me?

I go to the Le Meridian every month, they are held on a Thurday evening at 6:30pm to about 8 pm, each month they have a different brand and you get to sample about 5 or 6 different types. Next one is on the 13th May, and Rosemount Wines will be doing the honours, cost is 500 baht, dress code of smart casual / business [email protected] or 02 650 8800 ext 4338

Hey Lazy, I read your blog and joined your Facebook group - looks very interesting! I love the idea of "anti-restaurant"! Very cool!

I look forward to my first invitation!

Thanks for replying!

I go to the Le Meridian every month, they are held on a Thurday evening at 6:30pm to about 8 pm, each month they have a different brand and you get to sample about 5 or 6 different types. Next one is on the 13th May, and Rosemount Wines will be doing the honours, cost is 500 baht, dress code of smart casual / business [email protected] or 02 650 8800 ext 4338

Just to clarify...this event is at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok on Wireless Road (as opposed to Le Meridien on Suriwongse).

Hey Lazy, I read your blog and joined your Facebook group - looks very interesting! I love the idea of "anti-restaurant"! Very cool!

I look forward to my first invitation!

Thanks for replying!

Sorry for late reply, regular activities will start again around mid-June :)

I am invited to at least one a week and have been for the last 10 years. You've gotta be a member of foreign chambers, clubs etc and generally be something of a personality like me. I don't even bother to go anymore cos I have had my fill of wine.

I am invited to at least one a week and have been for the last 10 years. You've gotta be a member of foreign chambers, clubs etc and generally be something of a personality like me. I don't even bother to go anymore cos I have had my fill of wine.

Can i go instead off you when in Bangkok :) .

Can i go instead off you when in Bangkok :) .

Why not!

• 2 months later...

Update: Bangkok Wine Society just had a tasting on Apr 22 on Soi 16 at Parrot Bistro. They said that future meetings would be held there also bu none planned now.

Check out their website at www.bangkokwinesociety.com

The Bangkok Wine Society now hosts their tastings at Archa Cafe & Wine Bar on Sukhumvit Soi 26. 400-500 baht per evening for members, several wines to taste plus assorted light eats, 6.30-8.30pm on Tuesdays.

Archa Café is located 10 meters from the corner of Sukhumvit Road and Sukhumvit soi 26. 150 meters from the Phromphong BTS. Parking available in the Lemon petrol station opposite.

www.bangkokwinesociety.com

Quick Update on the Bangkok Wine Society

Archa Cafe and Wine Bar hold a "Rainy Season wine buffet' every Tuesday Friday and Saturday Evening where society members get a discount off the regular price for 2 hours free flow of wine with some snacks. (normal price 600 baht member price 500) two hours starts form the time you arrive starting from 5.30 pm.

As well the society will have a wine tasting there at least once a month for 400 baht per head at these tatsings the wines will be made available for sale.

Wine courses and a bigger tasting events will still be planned for later in the year at other locations as

Update: Bangkok Wine Society just had a tasting on Apr 22 on Soi 16 at Parrot Bistro. They said that future meetings would be held there also bu none planned now.

Check out their website at www.bangkokwinesociety.com

The Bangkok Wine Society now hosts their tastings at Archa Cafe & Wine Bar on Sukhumvit Soi 26. 400-500 baht per evening for members, several wines to taste plus assorted light eats, 6.30-8.30pm on Tuesdays.

Archa Café is located 10 meters from the corner of Sukhumvit Road and Sukhumvit soi 26. 150 meters from the Phromphong BTS. Parking available in the Lemon petrol station opposite.

www.bangkokwinesociety.com