Thailand To Consider Amnesty For Red-Shirts Leaders

webfact

Errrm yes bound to happen

Think about it - there will be NO peace without amnesty - not possible. Not talking about killers here - they should be sought out - obviously - but everyone else there has to be - you want it to end right?

There will be no peace with amnesty. The instigators need to be dealt with too. They have laid it out in the open. Otherwise this country will turn into Thugland.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no amnesty, I didn't get amnesty aether today when I had to pay 2000 THB because I was 10 days late for the 90 days address confirmation. I felled like a crook because I even had to sign forms as the offender of this crime.

Let these guys sleep in jail for a wile.

According to the Bangkok Post newspaper, the government is open to talks about an amnesty for people who have violated the ban on gatherings, but not for those who have committed criminal offences.

I don't know why some on this thread seem to have a nervous breakdown? It seems a very sensible approach. It will further isolate the violent, criminals elements from the clueless protesters and avoid that the latter are further misused as human shields.

Man, some posters really got a fast trigger :) Reading all and understanding context helps...

If the red shirt leaders don't get amnesty as part of this deal, how can they say yes to it? This isn't over.

This is what I have been saying for a while now

This is not about the Northern poor

but all about the red shirt thugs

We are Taskins most loved so we are protected

It is the man on the land that must give blood no the leaders

haha you do make me laugh :)

Thai families mourn over their lost loved ones

Thai families will be in financial difficulties because they can not get a harvest this year

Thai families will not have the monies sent home by their families that work in Bangkok

and you think this is all a joke

After reading many of your postings, why am I not surprised

are you going to join the other Thai V reds that will protest that the PM has no balls soon

I do not mind putting up another 5000 baht for your pay

If the red shirt leaders don't get amnesty as part of this deal, how can they say yes to it? This isn't over.

This is what I have been saying for a while now

This is not about the Northern poor

but all about the red shirt thugs

We are Taskins most loved so we are protected

It is the man on the land that must give blood no the leaders

haha you do make me laugh :)

Thai families mourn over their lost loved ones

Thai families will be in financial difficulties because they can not get a harvest this year

Thai families will not have the monies sent home by their families that work in Bangkok

and you think this is all a joke

After reading many of your postings, why am I not surprised

are you going to join the other Thai V reds that will protest that the PM has no balls soon

I do not mind putting up another 5000 baht for your pay

no I think your post was a joke - please don't misinterpret my post there's as good fellow

guys, even the compromise from abhisit is all smoke and mirrors, the fact is he does not have the balls to deal with the situation properly so I can't believe that anyone is surprised by this.

Tony, my sentiments exactly.

If you are so convinced

I am willing to pay you the same amount the farmers where paid to walk into the middle of downtown Bangkok

get on a soap box and tell Thailand what you think about the PM

You do have the courage of your statement don't you

I will start by putting up the first 500 baht

will any other Thai V members match me with an equal contributions to the "PM has no balls" speech that these 2 and maybe more are willing to make

"Ozzieman," for a person who uses a phony identity here to express his viewpoint, you are one to talk.... why don't you put your real name and email address here so that we know the fool who is expressing his viewpoint? Your challenge is awkward and out of place.

Edited by Redsunset

According to the Bangkok Post newspaper, the government is open to talks about an amnesty for people who have violated the ban on gatherings, but not for those who have committed criminal offences.

I don't know why some on this thread seem to have a nervous breakdown? It seems a very sensible approach. It will further isolate the violent, criminals elements from the clueless protesters and avoid that the latter are further misused as human shields.

Man, some posters really got a fast trigger :) Reading all and understanding context helps...

now that is scratching the surface, isn't it? It was the talk of town for 7 weeks not to go after the clueless demonstrators, called "paid decoration" for the prime thugs. We're exactly there as I predicted.

Thaksin is in bed with the yellows. They seek mutual amnesties.

Who cares for the dead, huh? Nothing left than more and more hardship for the population. Disgusting. But lets wait and see.

no amnesty, I didn't get amnesty aether today when I had to pay 2000 THB because I was 10 days late for the 90 days address confirmation. I felled like a crook because I even had to sign forms as the offender of this crime.

Let these guys sleep in jail for a wile.

I demand amnesty for koosdeboe because his being late was because of the protest

Double standards

Double standards

Double standards

Edited by ozzieman05

There will be no peace with amnesty. The instigators need to be dealt with too. They have laid it out in the open. Otherwise this country will turn into Thugland.

What about Auntie Lek from 101? Should she have jail time too? How is an instigator defined? Don't get me wrong, I'm for heavy punishment for everyone who has committed violence or has incited violence. But how about the others, the masses?

Another point, what about the red instigators on TV :D:) ? Just kidding...

guys, even the compromise from abhisit is all smoke and mirrors, the fact is he does not have the balls to deal with the situation properly so I can't believe that anyone is surprised by this.

Tony, my sentiments exactly.

If you are so convinced

I am willing to pay you the same amount the farmers where paid to walk into the middle of downtown Bangkok

will any other Thai V members match me with an equal contributions to the "PM has no balls" speech that these 2 and maybe more are willing to make

"Ozzieman," for a person who uses a phony identity here to express his viewpoint, you are one to talk.... why don't you put your real name and email address here so that we know the fool who is expressing his viewpoint? Your challenge is awkward and out of place.

Ozzieman certainly loves to flame and talk rubbish

now that is scratching the surface, isn't it? It was the talk of town for 7 weeks not to go after the clueless demonstrators, called "paid decoration" for the prime thugs. We're exactly there as I predicted.

Who cares for the dead, huh? Nothing left than more and more hardship for the population. Disgusting. But lets wait and see.

I get your point, except the Thaksin part. The point is that you have to give some perspective. Putting 9'000 people in jail might be a message for the future but will also further widen the rift upcountry...

What about Auntie Lek from 101? Should she have jail time too? How is an instigator defined? Don't get me wrong, I'm for heavy punishment for everyone who has committed violence or has incited violence. But how about the others, the masses?

Another point, what about the red instigators on TV :D:) ? Just kidding...

Instigator - A person who intentionally starts something, especially one that starts trouble, - a person who leads (especially in illicit activities), - someone who deliberately foments trouble, - someone who deliberately stirs up trouble.

If you are so convinced

Anyone can act like a tough guy on the Internet. Ozzieman is probably some pimply adolescent who dropped out of school with no future and no life hunched behind his Ozzie computer wasting the whole day typing meaningless messages on blogs around the world.

I think it's pretty clear, and acceptable.

Amnesty for people that were just "there".

Charges for those that were involved in crimes - inciting violence and actually performing violence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice all the same 3 members who want to see the reds win

sorry guys my email is correct and listed or how could I be a member

You can send me a message by TV any time you want

I get your point, except the Thaksin part. The point is that you have to give some perspective. Putting 9'000 people in jail might be a message for the future but will also further widen the rift upcountry...

now I don't even think about that, because this isn't the issue. Or do you really believe the gov would put babies and children into jail because they have been joining the revolt?

Thaksin ("I'm a sportsman too") wants an amnesty too, so do they yellow leaders. It's all about that. At least they try.

sorry guys

didn't want to upset you

and Redsunset and ChaninMaiFun are your real names

ever hear of hypocritical

In the end non of us are Thai so only out Thai girlfriend or wives have any real say

Charges for those that were involved in crimes - inciting violence and actually performing violence.

It seems to me that AFP is saying that the leaders will get amnesty. AFP is also reporting that BKK Post is saying something different.

FASCISM EMERGES IN THAILAND

It is high time that we face up to the fact that the UDD Red Shirt movement and its political brother the Puea Thai Party, represent an obvious expression of fascism. We should all stop "beating around the bush" and publicly recognize this overt threat to true Democracy.

Fascism

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fascists believe that a nation is an organic community that requires strong leadership, singular collective identity, and the will and ability to commit violence and wage war in order to keep the nation strong.[15] They claim that culture is created by collective national society and its state, that cultural ideas are what give individuals identity, and thus rejects individualism.[15] In viewing the nation as an integrated collective community, they claim that pluralism is a dysfunctional aspect of society, and justify a totalitarian state as a means to represent the nation in its entirety.[16][17] They advocate the creation of a single-party state.[18] Fascist governments forbid and suppress openness and opposition to the fascist state and the fascist movement.[19] They identify violence and war as actions that create national regeneration, spirit and vitality.[20]

Fascists reject and resist autonomy of cultural or ethnic groups who are not considered part of the fascists' nation and who refuse to assimilate or are unable to be assimilated.[21] They consider attempts to create such autonomy as an affront and threat to the nation.[21]

History and common sense tells us that you cannot appease, negotiate, reconcile, or compromise with fascists because they do not respect other points of view and cannot be trusted to adhere to agreements that are contrary to their core beliefs (ie. allowing unimpeded electoral campaigning).

Those who are entrusted to preserving the democratic state need to remove all such threats to society. As such, the UDD and the Puea Thai Party should be banned, dissolved, and designated as illegal entities and their leaders should be arrested and put in jail for terrorist actions, and treason.

True Democracy must be vigorously defended! A minority of ill-intentioned individuals or organizations must not be allowed to break the law and use violence and threats to usurp the rights of all good law-abiding citizens.

Nice picture, but unrelated to the topic (fascism).

A gentleman of your distinction and culture is certainly not doing the usual mistake to confuse fascism and nazism. The former being not even an extrem form of the earlier; but a concurent form (you should ask the Chancellors Dolfuss and Schuchnigg, or the Regent Horty about it). And about Franco, who educated the actual king of Spains; hard to believe it was not Franco's goals to restaure democraty ... after a while and when the country would be economically strong and politicaly stable!

I want also to point out, that for his sins, Mussolini was 'almost democraticaly' ousted (the great fascist council did removed him) and a coup was not necessary.

Last, I do believe democratie , when used in Greece, was a system more elitist than many others used at those time.

Hmmmmm....

Wasn't any mention of that "OTHER" English language newspaper Banned from this Board?????

Thailand to consider amnesty for protest leaders: source

BANGKOK (AFP) -- Thai authorities are ready to discuss an amnesty for anti-government protest leaders as part of a proposed reconciliation roadmap to November elections, a government source said Tuesday.

"The government wants to create a good climate and end the protests. Details will be discussed later. However, one of the topics that will discussed is related to an amnesty," the source told AFP, asking not to be named.

Arrest warrants have been issued for many top leaders of the "Red Shirt" movement, which has been protesting in Bangkok since mid-March in its campaign for elections despite a ban on rallies under a state of emergency in the city.

Red Shirt leaders were on Tuesday considering Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva's proposal to hold elections on November 14 to end the stand-off.

There have been a series of tense confrontations between the demonstrators and the security forces in Bangkok, where 27 people died and nearly 1,000 were injured in unrest last month.

It said the Red Shirts were pushing for an amnesty decree for protesters, some of whom stormed parliament in April, forcing lawmakers to flee.

Many of the opposition demonstators are seeking the return of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who was ousted in a 2006 coup and lives abroad to avoid a jail term for corruption.

It seems to me that AFP is saying that the leaders will get amnesty. AFP is also reporting that BKK Post is saying something different.

the headline of this threat is revealing too, isn't it? Thailand To Consider Amnesty For Red-Shirts Leaders

Assuming Thaksin is considered ,in that article, a red shirt leader do you see the implications of this

sentence ?

Not to forget, the coup leaders from 2006 want to uphold their amnesties too.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation

Chuan unaware of road map

Democrat chief adviser Chuan Leekpai on Tuesday said he was unaware about Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva's road map for reconciliation.

Chuan said he still opposed to the dissolution of Parliament under pressure, referring to Abhisit's proposal to call fresh elections on November 14.

"I have no idea about the road map as the prime minister did not ask for my view on the issue," he said.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Roughly, what do we have so far?

approx. 3000 slaughtered in the war on drugs. - no real investigation ever conducted, so no proof, only 3000 dropped dead by themselves.

approx. 1000 Burmese sent to death. No real investigation and no body count, unless someone dives the oceans and seas.

approx. 85 massacred in the South of Thailand. Nobody responsible. They just couldn't breath, that's it.

approx 4000 deaths because of seemingly a small group of terrorists down South.

27 deaths because Thaksin and the Yellow want amnesties.

Please add on to the list.

Billions of damage during the recent treasonous acts by the reds with the nod of the yellow leadership, which will cause a deadly hardship for many within the populace.

Hmmmmm....

Wasn't any mention of that "OTHER" English language newspaper Banned from this Board?????

Thailand to consider amnesty for protest leaders: source

BANGKOK (AFP) -- Thai authorities are ready to discuss an amnesty for anti-government protest leaders as part of a proposed reconciliation roadmap to November elections, a government source said Tuesday.

"The government wants to create a good climate and end the protests. Details will be discussed later. However, one of the topics that will discussed is related to an amnesty," the source told AFP, asking not to be named.

Arrest warrants have been issued for many top leaders of the "Red Shirt" movement, which has been protesting in Bangkok since mid-March in its campaign for elections despite a ban on rallies under a state of emergency in the city.

Red Shirt leaders were on Tuesday considering Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva's proposal to hold elections on November 14 to end the stand-off.

There have been a series of tense confrontations between the demonstrators and the security forces in Bangkok, where 27 people died and nearly 1,000 were injured in unrest last month.

It said the Red Shirts were pushing for an amnesty decree for protesters, some of whom stormed parliament in April, forcing lawmakers to flee.

Many of the opposition demonstators are seeking the return of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who was ousted in a 2006 coup and lives abroad to avoid a jail term for corruption.

No, linking to them is another issue though.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation

Democrat chief adviser Chuan Leekpai on Tuesday said he was unaware about Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva's road map for reconciliation.

Chuan said he still opposed to the dissolution of Parliament under pressure, referring to Abhisit's proposal to call fresh elections on November 14.

"I have no idea about the road map as the prime minister did not ask for my view on the issue," he said.

approx. 3000 slaughtered in the war on drugs. - no real investigation ever conducted, so no proof, only 3000 dropped dead by themselves.

approx. 1000 Burmese sent to death. No real investigation and no body count, unless someone dives the oceans and seas.

approx. 85 massacred in the South of Thailand. Nobody responsible. They just couldn't breath, that's it.

Billions of damage during the recent treasonous acts by the reds with the nod of the yellow leadership, which will cause a deadly hardship for many within the populace.

Thats about 3 times the number of death on 9/11 .

Send the predators to Montenegro ?

NO

Veera did time back in the day for this, why should he get a pass for a second time.

and the ones who caused killings, kidnappings and hands on violence

can NEVER be given a free pass.

Edited by animatic

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation

I haven't seen the PAD asking for amnesty at all .... in fact, the law may side with them on almost everything brought against them. I have seen Thaksin and Amnesty mentioned together often -- including a petition for exactly that. You blaming the PAD for 27 deaths is kinda silly.

Oh BTW --- you missed 20 PAD deaths and 1 unexplained death during the last days at Government house and the tie the PAD was at the airport.

You also missed the redshirt that died on Sept 1st/2nd when the reds attacked the PAD

You also missed the man that was beaten then murdered in Chiang Mai when the reds pulled him from the car.

There are several more ....